Poly Expansion Watch

DisneyOutsider

Mouseketeer
Tikiman is reporting via his social media that Cast Members have been notified that the Spirit of Aloha will not be returning. Simultaneously, there are photos and video posted of surveying happening around the Luau Cove area (Where Spirit of Aloha show was located).

It's not unreasonable to speculate at this point that the long-rumored Poly DVC expansion is getting very close to being green-lit, if it hasn't already.

Interesting... I did find the traffic from spirit of aloha to be quite annoying as a poly guest. is that a new pool as well to the left?

Supposedly, it was officially announced today that the Spirit of Aloha would not be returning either. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Disney Vacation Club announces plans for a new tower at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

Disney Vacation Club has today announced proposed plans to develop new Disney Vacation Club villas at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
New Disney Vacation Club Villas tower 2024
The new tower will be built on the site of the former Spirit of Aloha Dinner show at the Luau Cove with a planned opening in 2024.

Here is the full press release from Disney Vacation Club.

“It’s no secret that our Members and Guests love the monorail resorts at Walt Disney World,” said Bill Diercksen, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Vacation Club. “Expanding our Disney Vacation Club offerings at the Polynesian would give our Members and Guests yet another incredible option for staying close to the magic while making vacation memories that last a lifetime.”
Inspired by the early concepts for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, the Imagineers of today are honoring the past while furthering the resort story with this innovative addition. Projected to open in late 2024, the proposed vacation ownership property would complement the existing resort and evoke the spirit of the Pacific Islands.
Situated on the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon, the proposed property would join the rest of the resort in offering stunning views of the Magic Kingdom. Proposed plans would offer additional rooms, new recreation offerings and dining options. More information and project details will be shared at a later date.
Since 2015, Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows has been a favorite resort destination, offering an island paradise in the middle of the magic. Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows currently has 380 Disney Vacation Club villas, including the largest Deluxe Studios at any Disney Vacation Club resort at Walt Disney World and unique two-bedroom Bora Bora Bungalows, located over the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon – the first of their kind at Disney.

Interesting.
As someone who uses their $67 pp SSR 2009 resale contract that was grandfathered, I'm always happy to be able to sleep around on the monorail or BWVs and having extra studios or 1-2 bedrooms will be a benefit. I would love more inventory to chose from going forward, but as of now, still able to get what I want at 7 months, next being October 5-16 at GFVs while my dd and grandson visit and then moving 9-16 to BWVs (although still waiting and stalking for October 9).
I'm all in for more rooms.

Biggest question, new association or under the current…
"Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows currently has 380 Disney Vacation Club villas, including the largest Deluxe Studios at any Disney Vacation Club resort at Walt Disney World and unique two-bedroom Bora Bora Bungalows, located over the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon – the first of their kind at Disney."

This would seem to indicate current, but it's certainly not definitive.

As excited as I am to have more room types at my home resort (very, very excited).. I can't help but be a little disappointed at that concept art. It's unambitious to say the least, much like Riviera and the defunct Reflections. Not surprised, either.

I really hope that is just the beginning. I hope for more 'Poly' theming as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter