• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poor Communication From GMAC

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever worked with an agent from GMAC named Jeff? I am trying to buy a VB resale, and he is extremely slow returning calls and has not even emailed the contract as discussed! I love Time Share Store, but they didn't have anyting for me. Starting to wonder about dealing with GMAC. Any comments would be appreciated.:confused3

I had a contract that i was tring to sell with them for over 3 1/2 mounths and nothing..

I went to the TTS and poof in 2 week Jason had it sold for more then my asking price..

Stay away from gmac

I had a contract that i was tring to sell threww them for over 3 1/2 mounths and nothing..

I went to the tss and poof in 2 week Jason had it sold for more then my asking price..

Stay away from gmac

The first reason I didn't get the contract was " it got misplaced in the shred pile" :confused: I have faxed back the contract since last Wednesday and I am not sure the sellers even have it yet! I got an email from their admin. asst. handling the contract, and she said she would follow up again this week. My contract is small (50 pts) but this just seems incredibly disorganized. TSS was just awesome! Got great phone and email communication the whole way thru the process. If this contract I'm trying to buy wasn't such a great deal, I don't know if I would continue this process. Give me some pixie dust, I would appreciate it!!:rolleyes1

Hi
I'm in the same boat --I would have loved to use the TTS -Jamie has been awesome with her communication -and help-but they haven't got the contract I needed .
I'm waiting to hear : my understanding is Jeff was away on Fri--I asked to speak to someone else --spoke to a Rachael. I say call call call --and back up with emails,,someone there has to respond. As far as I know my contract was recieved and is being forwarded to First Right Of Refusal.But I'm not leaving that to chance I'll be on the phone Monday morning . ;) ;)
I figure by the end of this they'll know me well,,,,,,,,,,,;)
Hugs Mel

Hi
I'm in the same boat --I would have loved to use the TTS -Jamie has been awesome with her communication -and help-but they haven't got the contract I needed .
I'm waiting to hear : my understanding is Jeff was away on Fri--I asked to speak to someone else --spoke to a Rachael. I say call call call --and back up with emails,,someone there has to respond. As far as I know my contract was recieved and is being forwarded to First Right Of Refusal.But I'm not leaving that to chance I'll be on the phone Monday morning . ;) ;)
I figure by the end of this they'll know me well,,,,,,,,,,,;)
Hugs Mel

Might agent is Jeff as well, and he was there on Friday because I personally spoke with him about where in the process my contract was...he said the admin asst. was off on Friday. So I emailed her, I just recieved the email this morning and she said she hadn't heard back from the sellers, but is going to follow up. So at least I know the sellers have it. Just didn't have to go thru all this with TSS. At least I see that I'm not the only one going thru this. Good luck in your efforts, throw some pixie dust my way!

Hmmm I was told he was out for the day :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

oh well here 's hoping it all goes well-heck forget hoping --I'm going to call and email,,lol

sending pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Our way!!!!!
Hugs Mel

Some people report good success with GMAC, but we see a LOT of complaints such as these. I know they are new to timeshare resales, but they are having a very difficult learning curve and unfortunately it is their potential customers who bear the brunt of their problems.

Frankly, the stories you're being told sound like "The dog ate my homework."

I would call TTS and tell them exactly what you are looking for. Most of the time, timeshare resale listings are not exclusive, so they might either have the same contract or something very similar. Plus, they can put you on their call list and they'll call you as soon as they receive something close to what you are interested in. It pays to deal with professionals.

I've gotta admit, I've never heard of GMAC. Who are they?

They are a time share resales company .

They did Pay a fee to become the exclusive dvc resales agent.

They clain they are trained by disney(NOT!)

they do tell sellers that they can sell hard to sell dvc contracts ie contracts with no points..

All I have to say IS buyer beware ..

TOTALY unprofessional and never return calls and this is personal experince not so dreamed up thing or a store of woe

They are a time share resales company .

They did Pay a fee to become the exclusive dvc resales agent.

How can they be "the exclusive dvc resales agent" when we know Timeshare Store & DVC by Resale are agents for MANY dvc resales and have been around for years (and operate far more professionally)?? I dunno - sounds like GMAC is giving people a load of bull and unfortunately people are sucked into believing their false claims. :rolleyes1

How can they be "the exclusive dvc resales agent" when we know Timeshare Store & DVC by Resale are agents for MANY dvc resales and have been around for years (and operate far more professionally)?? I dunno - sounds like GMAC is giving people a load of bull and unfortunately people are sucked into believing their false claims. :rolleyes1

Actually I think they claim to be the only resale agency recommended by DVC... a claim I'm sure they have paid a hefty fee for the rights to use. :rolleyes:

Actually I think they claim to be the only resale agency recommended by DVC... a claim I'm sure they have paid a hefty fee for the rights to use. :rolleyes:
I believe if an existing owner wants to sell their contract and contacts DVC to do so, they refer those owners to GMAC in return for a 50% rebate of the selling commission to DVC. I think that is the only relationship between the two companies -- a referral for a split fee.

IMHO, the difficulties many are having with this broker are a reflection on not only on the broker, but also on DVC. It might be helpful to DVC if dissatisfied customers would write Jim Lewis and ask why he's recommending a company which so often disappoints.

I believe if an existing owner wants to sell their contract and contacts DVC to do so, they refer those owners to GMAC in return for a 50% rebate of the selling commission to DVC. I think that is the only relationship between the two companies -- a referral for a split fee.

IMHO, the difficulties many are having with this broker are a reflection on not only on the broker, but also on DVC. It might be helpful to DVC if dissatisfied customers would write Jim Lewis and ask why he's recommending a company which so often disappoints.

Wow, this is very interesting. I was wondering how they had such a list of resales when it seemed like TSS was the recommended resales agent from DVC. There's no hiding from the DIS Boards!!:grouphug:

I'm sorry you're receiving bad service from GMAC. We bought a BWV contract from Rachel there earlier this year and she was great. I've already recommended her to several people who are looking.

I first tried TTS and did not get the service I wanted from them. I think GMAC is smaller and has less DVC clients, so perhaps that works out postitively for some and negatively for others.

I hope you hear from him soon!

:confused3 "I first tried TTS and did not get the service I wanted from them. I think GMAC is smaller and has less DVC clients, so perhaps that works out postitively for some and negatively for others"

Ok here it is from day one.

Racheal said "I can sell your dvc in about 3-4 weeks":banana:

I was realy taken back by this since my points were for bcv 100 and now till 2008.

I signed the exclusive contract to sell for 9450.00 which was lowered to 9000.00 and still did not sell (which is bull):rotfl2:

Well it took then 2 weeks just to list it correctly and that was after several attempts to contact them about it.:confused:

Then I would call them at least once a mounth but ever time I called I got we are having trouble selling it cause you have not points till 2008..(wow say that when I sign a EXCLUSIVE LISTING.:confused3

Then they asked me if I would sell my dvc for 78.00 per point to a realestate guy they deal with I said that is low they siad yes it may not pass write of first refusal(ok so now instead of selling my dvc for what i wanted i am going to screw dvc who did not offer me this before i desided to list the dvc for sale.):rotfl: Is that moraly right or even legal???

Ok next I asked GMAC how do i remove this listing since you can not sell it nor have you had any offers in 14 weeks.

Oh Mr Borges you have to stay with us for 6 months .

Even if you can not sell this ? Yes your stuck

I finaily got the listing removed due to GMAC inablity to sell it at no fee to me:cool1:

Then contacted Jason at the Time share Store who was truely AWSOME!!!!!!:dance3:

He sold my dvc for 3000.0 more then I wanted and did it within 2 weeks( NOt bad for a yankees fan)

SO inclosing this is not dribble rambling or lack of knowledge when I say GMAC was totaly unprofessional and lacking the skill needs or claimed.

As to the fact that they have paid a fee to get trained by disney and become"exclusive resales" call retention and Talk to Sue there she will tell you the scoop

Some of you may have had a good time using them to buy a timeshare but trust me you got soaked or hosed :rolleyes1

Just my 2cents

He sold my dvc for 3000.0 more then I wanted and did it within 2 weeks( NOt bad for a yankees fan)
Wait a minute. Jason at the TSS is a Yankees fan??? I'm in the process of buying a resale through him. He did not disclose that up front. I may to rethink this.

Grrr. Well, he has been great to work with. And the contract is just the one I want. I guess I'll have to suck it up and deal.

I'm hoping to here something within the next couple of days because sellers only have till 7/26 to sign contract. I must also say that GMAC's contracts are really worded such that they won't take out paragraph's in them, only add to them ( like if seller is paying some monies, buyer paying this). They have a pre-printed contract having buyers pay everything! I questioned this upon signing the contract as this was not our agreement. They can only add in changes, not take out pre-printed pages. Seems funny to me, we will see when the final monies due come in, as I already questioned this, and they assured me the added conditons are the real terms.

You should have a settlement sheet show who pays what ie the 10% fee or the closing cost recording fee dues

Make sure it is written and that you understand it (beware)

Are you selling or buying??

Did they tell you about the write of first refusal..??

Did they tell you how long the process take from signing to closing??

FEES FEES FEES

what are you going to pay and what they are going to pay..

If you need help let me know..

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter