Poor Communication From GMAC

I've worked with Rachel at GMAC and she is very quick to respond to all my e-mails and she has worked hard for me. It's disappointing to hear that other people have had trouble with other agents. I've also heard people complain that their website is not comprehensive enough. However, I've received quick answers to my e-mails about offerings they've posted.

For reference, this is what GMAC says about their relationship with DVC, "We are the only brokerage recomended by Disney to owners that wish to sell their property. We have a working relationship with Disney regarding resales for their existing owners. We take care of the entire process for you. We handle all the paperwork and just let you know where to sign. We will send to Disney for the right of first refusal and see the sale through to the end."

I am trying to buy a smallish VB resale, and I have send this company as well as the others my request. I must say that if GMAC comes through with the right contract, I wonder if we should "bite."

Bobbi:goodvibes

Ok I guess I must accept blame for lack of communication on my part --I really messed up---OK in my excitement over my contract I sent the contract which I had read atleast 50 times back to GMAC --GUESS what I sent the blank copy not the signed copy --so NO fault on Jeff's part or GMAC's part. I feel like such a big Dope .So my sincere apology to them for my mistake. I think in my anxious way I expect things to happen fast and need to remember that these things take time. Again I am sorry .
Hugs Mel

Ok I guess I must accept blame for lack of communication on my part

I don't know if you should blame yourself. GMAC should have contacted you to let you know of the error ASAP. You should not have had to sit around worrying all weekend.

Well, hopefully things will go smoother from here on in.

Good luck.

I am trying to buy a smallish VB resale, and I have send this company as well as the others my request. I must say that if GMAC comes through with the right contract, I wonder if we should "bite."

This is what I am trying to buy, a 50 pt. VB. They did not list all of the resales they have for 50 pts., so I had to email this Jeff and ask. Only then did I see all of the available ones and UY, the website only showed one. I would check periodically with them and not wait for a call. At this point, if it happens great, if not, I am not going to deal with them again. Sure wish TSS had something comparable. Send me some pixie dust!:angel:

This is what I am trying to buy, a 50 pt. VB. They did not list all of the resales they have for 50 pts., so I had to email this Jeff and ask. Only then did I see all of the available ones and UY, the website only showed one. I would check periodically with them and not wait for a call. At this point, if it happens great, if not, I am not going to deal with them again. Sure wish TSS had something comparable. Send me some pixie dust!:angel:

pixiedust: You got it! I just got a return e-mail from Elizabeth, Betty, at GMAC saying that they don't have anything that matches my request..we need March UY.
We already own at VB, and have enough to book a multi generation trip for next year with borrowing. DH and I have enjoyed our VB stays so much, that we want to go even more often, and I am a definite 11 month out ressie booker!

Bobbi

Our most recent add-on was through GMAC. They had the contract we wanted. I worked with Rachel and she was absolutely great. I would highly recommend her. Good luck, Bobbi, in finding what you want.

CALL EITHER JASON OR SEAN TODAY GET ON THERE LIST... at the timeshare store

The smaller points go quick

None of my business, but I'm curious why you need a particular use year?

Since I posted here, it can be considered up for discussion. We already have the March UY for the VB points, and for all of our DVC points, and I am satisfied that the same UY simplifies it for me.

We bought as empty nesters, and now we have 3 DGC...I imagine that someday the family may ask that we go on our yearly all generation vacation in February. However, I'm a p/t teacher and don't get any time off in February, so, it's unlikely to happen. My spring break comes in March, every year.

I guess this is why I chose to buy from GMAC... wouldn't want to pay more with TTS, which is also why I didn't prefer their services. I'm also sorry you had a bad experience with GMAC, and it sounds like TTS was certainly the place for you. I'm not claiming GMAC is perfect in any way - we just had a good experience.

Then contacted Jason at the Time share Store who was truely AWSOME!!!!!!
He sold my dvc for 3000.0 more then I wanted and did it within 2 weeks( NOt bad for a yankees fan)

I guess this is why I chose to buy from GMAC... wouldn't want to pay more with TTS...
I'm sure that if a buyer chose to pay more than the asking price -- regardless of which broker they purchased through -- they did so because they knew the asking price would probably not clear ROFR.

That's not a question of wanting to pay more; it's a question of getting the contract you want without wasting your time giving the contract back to DVC. We've all seen way too many prospective DVC buyers fail because they tried to wring the last possible nickel out of the deal.

I bought my first contract resale (and it happened to be through TTS). I wanted to bid one dollar per point lower than the asking price, but their advice was not to -- they felt one dollar lower would not clear ROFR. When I asked if I should go one dollar higher, their advice was "No. That should be good."

Guess what? They were right -- our contract went through and two identical contracts priced one buck lower got ROFR'd. We were celebrating our closing and making ressies while those other buyers were bragging about the "big one that got away."

Cheaper is not always better.

Even though I've got nothing orignal to write about, I figured I'd contribute since I purchased through GMAC.

Has anyone ever worked with an agent from GMAC named Jeff? I am trying to buy a VB resale, and he is extremely slow returning calls and has not even emailed the contract as discussed! I love Time Share Store, but they didn't have anyting for me. Starting to wonder about dealing with GMAC. Any comments would be appreciated.:confused3

Yes, I thought Jeff was poor about responding to phone calls. (He was ok once you got him on the phone). The way to fix this was I directed everything through Jackie...who was helpful and returned phone calls.

I'm hoping to here something within the next couple of days because sellers only have till 7/26 to sign contract. I must also say that GMAC's contracts are really worded such that they won't take out paragraph's in them, only add to them ( like if seller is paying some monies, buyer paying this). They have a pre-printed contract having buyers pay everything! I questioned this upon signing the contract as this was not our agreement. They can only add in changes, not take out pre-printed pages. Seems funny to me, we will see when the final monies due come in, as I already questioned this, and they assured me the added conditons are the real terms.

Yes, I had a similar experience. Contracts at GMAC cost an extra $195 admin fee. Part of the spiel is that this fee is b/c they have contract professionals handling your contract. Those professionals will not take any changes to the form (and their form isn't fabulous). I understand the desire to make these standardized and less work from their point of view...but it galled me b/c of the additional "admin fee."

I'll add that I would definately buy from GMAC again if they had the contract I wanted. But I would be highly unlikely to sell through GMAC as they have a $195 admin fee (thus higher transaction cost) and I would never give them an exclusive. They don't seem to have the traffic that the other big players have (TTS, DVC by Resale.com and Atimeshare.com), and their website (at least the one I saw, was woefully out of date and lacking in basic info like use year and banked point availability).

Just my 2 cents...

Even though I've got nothing orignal to write about, I figured I'd contribute since I purchased through GMAC.

Yes, I thought Jeff was poor about responding to phone calls. (He was ok once you got him on the phone). The way to fix this was I directed everything through Jackie...who was helpful and returned phone calls.

Yes, I had a similar experience. Contracts at GMAC cost an extra $195 admin fee. Part of the spiel is that this fee is b/c they have contract professionals handling your contract. Those professionals will not take any changes to the form (and their form isn't fabulous). I understand the desire to make these standardized and less work from their point of view...but it galled me b/c of the additional "admin fee."

I'll add that I would definately buy from GMAC again if they had the contract I wanted. But I would be highly unlikely to sell through GMAC as they have a $195 admin fee (thus higher transaction cost) and I would never give them an exclusive. They don't seem to have the traffic that the other big players have (TTS, DVC by Resale.com and Atimeshare.com), and their website (at least the one I saw, was woefully out of date and lacking in basic info like use year and banked point availability).

Just my 2 cents...

Much appreciated! Well you have just carroborated (did I spell that right?) my experience to the tee, and I hope others are learning from our experiences in dealing with GMAC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter