Pop Century Room Renovations

Hi All! We just booked Pop for Spring Break next April. Question regarding the refurbs - when a section is being worked on, is the pool in that section closed off or can it be used while the the rooms are being worked on? Sorry if this has been asked, I searched the thread and didn't get a hit. Thank you!!

Great question! I have not heard of any of the pools being closed and I'm sure that would have been reported so I believe it's safe to think that the pools remain open when a section of the resort is being refurbished.

Hi All! We just booked Pop for Spring Break next April. Question regarding the refurbs - when a section is being worked on, is the pool in that section closed off or can it be used while the the rooms are being worked on? Sorry if this has been asked, I searched the thread and didn't get a hit. Thank you!!

When I stayed there in April/May I was able to swim in the computer pool even though they were working on the buildings in that area with no problem.

We checked in on the 24th. I called the hotel from the number on the app and ask for room 9137 and they gave us room 9141 so calling seems to be the best way to go about requesting a room. The renovations are to the one building next to us and there aren't any noises. Computer pool seems to be closed pretty much all the time that we've been here.

We go in Feb 2018. We love the PCR ❤️ I'm debating and hoping that more rooms will be done. We have a preferred room booked but then I REALLY want to stay in one of the updated rooms. So I'm torn lol.

We checked in on the 24th. I called the hotel from the number on the app and ask for room 9137 and they gave us room 9141 so calling seems to be the best way to go about requesting a room. The renovations are to the one building next to us and there aren't any noises. Computer pool seems to be closed pretty much all the time that we've been here.

I use the Touring Plans App and they will fax a request for your also with your room preference. We got the exact room we asked for last trip

We go in Feb 2018. We love the PCR ❤️ I'm debating and hoping that more rooms will be done. We have a preferred room booked but then I REALLY want to stay in one of the updated rooms. So I'm torn lol.
There should be preferred rooms open by February! At least I really hope so!! If not, it means they would have encountered some serious problems in builds 10 and 6. It's true that most of the rooms by February will be standard rooms, but building 10 has quite a few preferred room as does building 6, and I would guess (hopefully) both of those will be finished by February. We booked standard in November in hopes of getting a refurbished room then, but we booked a preferred room for our spring break trip in March. I'm planning on a preferred refurbished room being available then for sure. :)

There should be preferred rooms open by February! At least I really hope so!! If not, it means they would have encountered some serious problems in builds 10 and 6. It's true that most of the rooms by February will be standard rooms, but building 10 has quite a few preferred room as does building 6, and I would guess (hopefully) both of those will be finished by February. We booked standard in November in hopes of getting a refurbished room then, but we booked a preferred room for our spring break trip in March. I'm planning on a preferred refurbished room being available then for sure. :)

Awesome. I hope so!!

I went back to update my resort check in since the credit card there has expired. I noticed that it did not save my requests of 90s, ground floor and when I tried to re do it, the drop down was blank? Could it be something is wrong with system?

I previously had the same issue and I followed another posters advice to go into incognito mode then add room requests and it worked like a charm. I was able to load all options in the drop down menu and my requests saved.

Also, I don't know which browser you're using, but I find the Disney website in general does much better in Firefox than Chrome. I use Chrome but get all kinds of glitches on the Disney site that I don't encounter when I open the same page in Firefox.

We checked out a couple days ago and really enjoyed our stay. Loved the new rooms. The only mishap we had was my 4 year old falling out of bed one night, hitting his head pretty hard in between the beds and getting a black eye. After that we put both chairs between the beds with their legs sticking up to act as a rail. If you have little ones who may fall out I would recommend requesting bed rails. I had requested them prior to check in but we never got them.

We checked out a couple days ago and really enjoyed our stay. Loved the new rooms. The only mishap we had was my 4 year old falling out of bed one night, hitting his head pretty hard in between the beds and getting a black eye. After that we put both chairs between the beds with their legs sticking up to act as a rail. If you have little ones who may fall out I would recommend requesting bed rails. I had requested them prior to check in but we never got them.

I know you've checked out so no help to you, but for others reading this, when you request bed rails (or a pack-n-play) prior to check in you are just letting them know you would like a set. This way they try to have enough on hand to accommodate. But when you actually arrive you have to call housekeeping and ask them to bring a set up to you. They will never be in the room automatically, you have to call.

I know you've checked out so no help to you, but for others reading this, when you request bed rails (or a pack-n-play) prior to check in you are just letting them know you would like a set. This way they try to have enough on hand to accommodate. But when you actually arrive you have to call housekeeping and ask them to bring a set up to you. They will never be in the room automatically, you have to call.

Something else I did numerous times with my DD when I did not have bed rails was that I rolled up towels and placed them under the bottom sheet, on the mattress. The rolls of towels worked as a bed rail as she'd hit those and just stop.

Just a suggestion for those times when you may be in a pinch and not have bed rails available. Most times a towel can be found. (pic from google)

pillow+rail+text.jpg

I made my reservations for Pop last Saturday and have not received a conformation after 6 days. I know the reservation went through because the deposit has been charged. Has anyone else had a problem getting a conformation? I have checked my spam and called to check the email on file.

I made my reservations for Pop last Saturday and have not received a conformation after 6 days. I know the reservation went through because the deposit has been charged. Has anyone else had a problem getting a conformation? I have checked my spam and called to check the email on file.

I haven't had this happen. Did you record the confirmation number? If so, can you link it to MDE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter