Pop Century Room Renovations

Well booked airfare for April it was $118 each then I had points for my flight so how could I not - just debating another Pop stay or try a moderate - help!!!
Have you stayed in any of the moderates? We like POFQ the best.

Well booked airfare for April it was $118 each then I had points for my flight so how could I not - just debating another Pop stay or try a moderate - help!!!
I did the same thing, My brother is going in Jan and had room for two more. Checked airfare and 150 RT from Phoenix isn't bad. So jumped on that and now will be staying at BW for cost of room 350 for seven days and 150 Air fare.

I did the same thing, My brother is going in Jan and had room for two more. Checked airfare and 150 RT from Phoenix isn't bad. So jumped on that and now will be staying at BW for cost of room 350 for seven days and 150 Air fare.

May I ask how you got BW for 350? That’s an amazing price!

Have you stayed in any of the moderates? We like POFQ the best.
I did years ago as a teen so I don't remember - POFQ was my next pick after POP - CBR and CSR seem too big and with construction not worth whlie - Hoping an AP discount comes out soon for POFQ - wish I wouldn't have been sick last day and had energy to call and book bounceback room offer.

I did years ago as a teen so I don't remember - POFQ was my next pick after POP - CBR and CSR seem too big and with construction not worth whlie - Hoping an AP discount comes out soon for POFQ - wish I wouldn't have been sick last day and had energy to call and book bounceback room offer.
I really do love POFQ. It's so small and the theming to me is great. I also love a good beignet.

We have our first POP stay in February so I'm excited about that.

I didn’t really have bad bus service last week, but there was a marked increase in the number of ECVs at Pop, which increases loading time. Nearly every bus trip had the two maximum allowed, and several times there were three or four waiting. Once there were five and it took several minutes to sort out who would go first, as the first to arrive was a solo, which meant the other two parties had to be split up. So an expected 20-30 minutes turnaround can easily become 30-40 minutes even if there aren’t any other issues. Add in traffic due to construction reroutes and the driver shortage and it’s easy to see where delays come from. I seemed to time my arrivals about ten minutes before a bus arrived though, so I can’t complain.

So I booked a FD BB at Pop for late August 2018... I have to say, I am secretly hoping for major food court/gondola reno's during that time and they offer guests the option to move resorts/gift cards like they did with CBR earlier this year. Anyone with me??? Although I love the Pop renovated rooms, I just recently spent 9 days and a Hurricane at Pop, and a change would be welcome.

So I booked a FD BB at Pop for late August 2018... I have to say, I am secretly hoping for major food court/gondola reno's during that time and they offer guests the option to move resorts/gift cards like they did with CBR earlier this year. Anyone with me??? Although I love the Pop renovated rooms, I just recently spent 9 days and a Hurricane at Pop, and a change would be welcome.
Can’t see it happening so I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Gondola stuff is beside the resort and AoA has a great food court so even if either/both of these happened you wouldn’t be moved.

If you want a change, why not call and change your wdirt yourself?

Can’t see it happening so I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Gondola stuff is beside the resort and AoA has a great food court so even if either/both of these happened you wouldn’t be moved.

If you want a change, why not call and change your wdirt yourself?

This! :thumbsup2

I doubt that they will start the lobby/food court Reno’s until the rooms are done, and most people don’t think those will be completed by the end of August. I have a bounce back reserved for December 2018 and could run into it then.

I doubt the gondola construction will be worse later than it already is as driving the piling is one of the noisiest parts of a construction project.

Did anyone else get the email today that the Bowling Pin pool will be closed for refurbishment in April? I thought it was just going to be info on the rooms or gondolas but then read more closely and they mentioned the pool. They didn’t say how long it will be down, but I check in 4/17, so other April peeps might want to keep their eyes open for similar emails.

Did anyone else get the email today that the Bowling Pin pool will be closed for refurbishment in April? I thought it was just going to be info on the rooms or gondolas but then read more closely and they mentioned the pool. They didn’t say how long it will be down, but I check in 4/17, so other April peeps might want to keep their eyes open for similar emails.
I just got on here for the same thing. We will be there feb 27-March 4 and I got that email. I’m kind of bummed because that pool looked the most fun to me. Stinks they would close a pool when they are already closing certain buildings and have gondola construction.

I just got on here for the same thing. We will be there feb 27-March 4 and I got that email. I’m kind of bummed because that pool looked the most fun to me. Stinks they would close a pool when they are already closing certain buildings and have gondola construction.

So that tells us it’s closed at least six weeks, if we take it from the last day you are affected (3/4/18) through my check in date (4/17/18j. How long was the computer pool closed a few months ago?

Jeez.. everyone.. it was a hypothetical situation that could very well play out how CBR renovations did (it is following the same pattern, and they will probably start to ramp up construction leading up to Toy Story Land/Star Wars opening in 2018 and 2019). I know Pop inside and out, and know where all the progress it at at the moment. No one knows what Disney is planning on doing, and when they are really planning on doing it, though. You can call the hotline right now, and I guarantee there are some CM's who will tell you there are no renovations happening at all at Pop.
Though, if the food court is completely down for a reno, they would have to come up with alternative means and not just rely on AoA (Pop Up food stand, rooms converted into cafes, etc (and give gift cards to guests that were previously booked and take advantage of the offer). Pop has the most rooms out of any WDW resort, and AoA couldn't support handling both resorts on its own especially if another Hurricane hits (I was at Pop during Irma, and it was a bit mad.. way more organized than Matthew, though)... and I for one would not be keen on walking a mile to a the AoA food court every day.

Last edited:
Checking in 3/29 and got the same email today.

The Hippy Dippy pool was closed unexpectedly the day before Thanksgiving, which was a disappointment to us. We swam at the Bowling Pin pool then instead. We're ok if that pool is closed in March/April as long as we get some time at the Hippy Dippy pool.

So that tells us it’s closed at least six weeks, if we take it from the last day you are affected (3/4/18) through my check in date (4/17/18j. How long was the computer pool closed a few months ago?
First pirates of the Caribbean now the bowling pool? I’m so sad lol

I looked back at the Pop info thread and the computer pool was scheduled to be down from 12/1/16 to 1/3/17, so four weeks. I don’t remember if it was late opening back up, but six weeks seems comparable. Timing it during spring break doesn’t seem like the best choice though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter