• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

We stayed at AOA a few months after it first opened. I had heard they would be selling the themed shower curtains in the gift shop and having seen photos prior I had put the LM shower curtain on my "must buy" list.

Holy bananas Batman! I did not buy said shower curtain.

Oh yes...I remember looking at the shower curtains there, too. I thought the LK one was cute the first time we stayed in a LK suite and I decided I'd redo the kids bathroom at home to a Lion King theme starting with that shower curtain. I had these visions of walking in their bathroom and feeling like I was back in our suite at Disney World. Then I saw the price. The kids bathroom is still a Mickey Mouse theme with items purchased at Walmart 6 years ago. :D

Oh yes...I remember looking at the shower curtains there, too. I thought the LK one was cute the first time we stayed in a LK suite and I decided I'd redo the kids bathroom at home to a Lion King theme starting with that shower curtain. I had these visions of walking in their bathroom and feeling like I was back in our suite at Disney World. Then I saw the price. The kids bathroom is still a Mickey Mouse theme with items purchased at Walmart 6 years ago. :D

They must have been crazy expensive!! I just looked at the online app and am guessing you can't buy them any longer as they're not there. The have 4 different shower curtains available and they're $14.95 each with is quite reasonable. Guessing the ones you saw were far higher than this! :eek:

They must have been crazy expensive!! I just looked at the online app and am guessing you can't buy them any longer as they're not there. The have 4 different shower curtains available and they're $14.95 each with is quite reasonable. Guessing the ones you saw were far higher than this! :eek:

I don't remember the actual price but I'm thinking it was at least $80...maybe higher. I probably would have bought it if it was less than $50. I just remember looking at the price and thinking, "I know I sometimes pay way too much for things just because I *have* to have them, but even this is too much for me."

I'm most curious about the refrigerator.
Does anyone know the dimensions?
I'd like to get a good sized grocery order of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as some milk.
From the pictures that were posted, it looks pretty small.

I'm most curious about the refrigerator.
Does anyone know the dimensions?
I'd like to get a good sized grocery order of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as some milk.
From the pictures that were posted, it looks pretty small.

I don't believe this information is available yet as the rooms are not yet back in circulation. The new fridge appears similar in size to the last one so quite small.

Just shy of $100

I hope the various outputs on the TV are still accessible with the wall mount. We like to hook up an iPad or Apple TV for movies (we don't watch any real life tv on vacation - total Disney immersion).

I can't really tell from the photos but I hope I still have access to an HDMI port.

Elsewhere on this board someone has posted about renovated rooms at Coronado with pics - they have the walk in shower with a hand-held shower head. Anyone think there's a chance of a handheld shower head in the POP renovation (for all rooms, not just accessible)? That would be great!

Are any of the preferred rooms renovated yet? A good friend is staying in one in July and I am wondering if there is a chance of her getting one.

Are any of the preferred rooms renovated yet? A good friend is staying in one in July and I am wondering if there is a chance of her getting one.
Probably not since the only buildings being worked on right now are 80's and 90's which I don't think have any preferred rooms.

Probably not since the only buildings being worked on right now are 80's and 90's which I don't think have any preferred rooms.

Yep. All we know right now is bldg 8 (90s) has been under renovation for 3 months and still not open yet, and building 9 (80s) has been closed and is being cleared out for renovation. They will then still have bldg 7 (80s) to do before they get to bldg 10 (70s), which should have the first Preferred rooms to be done.

I'm betting that, best case scenario, it is well into the fall before we see any new Preferred rooms.

I'm hoping since they haven't gotten very far yet maybe they're rethinking the stark white walls - not too late Disney to switch to a nice aqua accent wall picking up the sink area color and going with a nice sand/neutral on the other walls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter