POR - FQ With My 2yo and 4yo

maddiezoots

Earning My Ears
We are looking to go to POR - French Quarter at the end of March. I'd love to know what the bus wait is like, how far the walk would be to the food court, and general advice/experience with two little ones! We know they have a great pool, so that is a plus! I was thinking this resort might be better than CB, because it is smaller. Any thoughts appreciated! :D

I just wanted to add this won't be our first trip to the world.. this will be my 2yo's third trip and my 4yo's fourth. We normally stay in the villas at WL, with our DVC, and are somewhat spoiled in the suite we stay at. This was just a quick thing, and we can't get what we want anywhere else! Any help appreciated!

We stayed at PO-FQ in Dec with a 4 year old. It was perfect with a small exception. The busses come there first, then on to Riverside and stop at FQ first on the way back. The boat to Downtown Disney was great fun. The compact size of the resort was wonderful, food, pool, playground, bus all within easy walking distance of our room in building 3. Building 5 is supposed to be the "choice" building so you might check that out. The only negative was that Isabella was very intimidated by the huge "scary things" hanging from the ceiling in the food court.

I've only stayed onsite once, and that was at the POFQ when my son was 2.5 yrs old and we had a very good experience. The positives are that the resort seemed small enough that it was VERY easy to walk anywhere in it - the gift shop, the restaurant, the pool, laundry, the boats, the bus stop, etc. He really enjoyed the pool although he would not get in the big one - only the kiddie pool. At that age that is understandable. Your 4 yr old would probably go for the big pool however! We were there in early May and had very nice weather. I frankly don't remember the busses to and from the parks being a problem - I don't remember stopping at other resorts. However, we did end up just taking our car cause we couldn't see the advantage to taking the bus. The car was faster and the parking was free and we could haul our big stroller more easily. The only bus problem was getting back one night from Downtown Disney.

I've only stayed at the PO, as I said, and I was a bit surprised how small the rooms seemed compared to what I've paid, for example, the La Quinta on Intl .Drive in Orlando. However, the room is big enough to exist in - I guess that would be my biggest wish for that place is a bigger room!

Enjoy!

Carol G.

We stayed there 2 years ago with a 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old. Both kids loved it because of the pool. It is a great pool for young children. The slide is very gentle, yet long enough for a lot of fun. Plus, the alligator motif around the kids pool was fun, too.

We started going down the slide with the 2 1/2 year old in a lifejacket with one of us. When he discovered that he felt safe in the life jacket, he wanted to go down on his own.

The resort is small. Walking around should be easy. Neither of the kids felt intimidated (and mine are fraidycats) in the foodcourt. We only had one bad wait for a bus. A lot of times, we did not share a bus with POR.

My only complaint about the resort was that we were always the bus stop furthest from the park entrance. I think that even the All Stars were closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter