Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Will you be going whether or not your SIL goes? If so I'd book what you can now as prices will only continue to go up. They may drop again later but they may not.

At least if you book what you can now you will only need to pay the higher fare for one person and not the entire group.

I have a SIL whom I love dearly but she is terrible at making decisions. I used to invite her to do things but then we all lost out waiting for her to decide. Sadly now she's the one who loses out as I just don't invite her to many things any more so that we don't all have to wait for her to decide one way or the other.

That's the problem. We won’t go unless everyone can go. I thought about booking at least DH and me because we would always use the credit if we cancel, but at the time I was busy prepping for a meeting, plus I just didn’t know if it was worth the hassle. Now I really wish I had.

P.S. I did just check and sure enough, flight is up $100 :-(.

That's the problem. We won’t go unless everyone can go. I thought about booking at least DH and me because we would always use the credit if we cancel, but at the time I was busy prepping for a meeting, plus I just didn’t know if it was worth the hassle. Now I really wish I had.

P.S. I did just check and sure enough, flight is up $100 :-(.

:( Sorry this happened. When you do book (hoping this is the case) it is sometimes better financially to book tickets in smaller groups to get better prices. The challenge with this is that unless you purchase the Early Bird Seating, getting Boarding Numbers at the 24 hour mark becomes much more challenging as you have numerous Confirmation numbers to enter.

:( Sorry this happened. When you do book (hoping this is the case) it is sometimes better financially to book tickets in smaller groups to get better prices. The challenge with this is that unless you purchase the Early Bird Seating, getting Boarding Numbers at the 24 hour mark becomes much more challenging as you have numerous Confirmation numbers to enter.

Haha! This I know. Last year I was at work with my computer and my phone, while my BFF was sitting next to me with her computer for the third confirmation number!!! It’s really okay if each family can be seated together. If the three families are separated, that’s not a big deal.

Can I get clarification on booking with points? I know I could Google it, but that wouldn’t be fun! If you book with points and change or cancel, do those points go back into your account and they don’t have to be used within a year? If that’s the case, now I’m really mad that I didn’t book DH and me…UGH!!!

Can I get clarification on booking with points? I know I could Google it, but that wouldn’t be fun! If you book with points and change or cancel, do those points go back into your account and they don’t have to be used within a year? If that’s the case, now I’m really mad that I didn’t book DH and me…UGH!!!
Correct. Your points simply go back into your SWA RR account to be used whenever.

When you book on points you will owe the $5.60 fee each way. When you cancel...not only do the points go IMMEDIATELY back into your account for future use...you even can get a refund of the $5.60 back to your credit card. It is the ULTIMATE flexibility in flight booking.

I decided to wait. Flights are not sold out even if they say so. SW does this all the time. I think SW may set price high on initial offering. At least I have a price point. I'll check everyday, it's what I do.

I booked everything but 2 returns from MCO to NY. After I booked 3, Wanna Get Away was sold out and the flights were $500 each one way. Ugh, Thanksgiving weekend. Last year I had luck stalking the site and rebooking lower fares especially around July, so fingers crossed for this year!

Good luck everyone.

I booked everything but 2 returns from MCO to NY. After I booked 3, Wanna Get Away was sold out and the flights were $500 each one way. Ugh, Thanksgiving weekend. Last year I had luck stalking the site and rebooking lower fares especially around July, so fingers crossed for this year!

Good luck everyone.

Exactly. I have always re-booked for a lower price (often many times!). I just secure what I can immediately, so that I know I have something. I wouldn't book for $500 though either because there's no way I'd pay that! I'm almost always using points, though, not cash and I wouldn't pay the points equivalent either!

Exactly. I have always re-booked for a lower price (often many times!). I just secure what I can immediately, so that I know I have something. I wouldn't book for $500 though either because there's no way I'd pay that! I'm almost always using points, though, not cash and I wouldn't pay the points equivalent either!

Just got caught by only being able to use two of the price reductions on this trip, be careful....

@Tall Todd

So, you mean your flights only went down in price briefly and you were only able to snag for 2 people?

How far out did you book?

I sometimes end up with everyones prices being different, but usually I get everything reduced a bit. I'm hoping to "shave off" 20,000 points from 5 flights that are currently costing 80,000 points. Yikes.

I was out of points already and was definitely not going to buy extra to cover those prices. At least when you buy with points they get immediately get refunded. As much as I hate the stress of schedule extension morning, they really have an incredibly flexible policy

Just got caught by only being able to use two of the price reductions on this trip, be careful....

Do you mean only being able to use 2 of your travel funds when purchasing your new airfare? If so, there is a way around that involving booking refundable airfare using two of the funds, then cancelling the flight which will combine the original 2 funds into a new confirmation number. Repeat the process until you have 2 travel funds left to book the new airfare. Be cautious however if your funds have different expiration dates. All combined funds will revert to the earliest expiration date.

I was out of points already and was definitely not going to buy extra to cover those prices. At least when you buy with points they get immediately get refunded. As much as I hate the stress of schedule extension morning, they really have an incredibly flexible policy

Do you mean only being able to use 2 of your travel funds when purchasing your new airfare? If so, there is a way around that involving booking refundable airfare using two of the funds, then cancelling the flight which will combine the original 2 funds into a new confirmation number. Repeat the process until you have 2 travel funds left to book the new airfare. Be cautious however if your funds have different expiration dates. All combined funds will revert to the earliest expiration date.
Ooo good tip. Yes, I think.... I have one flight that has had four or five price reductions, shop I was only allowed to use two of them. I booked WGA fares though, so I think I'm outta lock unless I call.

Ooo good tip. Yes, I think.... I have one flight that has had four or five price reductions, shop I was only allowed to use two of them. I booked WGA fares though, so I think I'm outta lock unless I call.

Will your new flights (the ones you booked yesterday) be completed before the earliest expiration of the travel funds you have? If so you would be able use the re-booking feature. I just want to stress ALL funds (even ones from yesterday's booking) will revert to the earliest travel fund expiration when combined. You can take a look at flyer talk for more information on this or feel free to PM me too. It can be confusing and the last thing you want is to have a new combined travel fund with an expiration of tomorrow :).

Depending on what the remaining travel funds are worth, you can still do the re-booking to combine the funds not used yesterday, wait for them to expire, and call Guest Relations to request a one time extension. SWA will give you a voucher for the remaining funds less a $100 processing fee, so the funds have to be significant enough to warrant all of this. The voucher will take 3-4 weeks to be processed and be good for 6 months from the date processed.

Hope that helps!

Me too - when are we going? :D Why is it always SOOOO expensive to fly out of Albany? Ugg.
Same for me flying out of Oklahoma City, we never get the good fares I see other people getting. We are not a major hub of Southwest Airlines. We get price punished!

Well, son-in-law gave the go-ahead on the trip and will spend Christmas with his family before we leave. Needless to say, prices today aren't as good as what they were first thing yesterday, but I went ahead and booked. Round trip MKE to MCO for $437 a person. More than I was hoping, but I'll keep watching and hope they drop a bit.

I remember a while back reading somewhere that if you are using your CP (companion flying with you) and you need to make a change to your flight, you have to do it via phone -Cust Service call.

Does that still hold?

I booked flights (companion added) and now want to cancel those and rebook totally different flights bc I decided to fly in to a different airport. Don't want to attempt to do anything online and have it not work and possibly make it more complicated for a phone rep to then help me with the changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter