Post Pictures of Tent Camping @ FW

If you are tent camping I am unaware of any limit to the number of tents per site, but there is an absolute limit of ten people per site. If you are RV camping, you are allowed one sleeping tent in addition to your RV, and may have a dining tent/awning room in addition to that.

HIH
:santa:

So, Shan, if, on the guys' site (we've got two sites- one girls', one guys'), there are 6 one-man tents (think backpacking variety here) plus one 10x12 dome, we should be okay? The boys all will have their own tents, but we were thinking of putting them in a "pod" config.

We won't get tossed by the FW po-po, will we?

:laughing:

Rose

Please more tent setups! We are thinking of tenting it in Oct and am dying to see more! Need to still convince husband on the tent idea;).

No pics to offer but I just took the pop up down for a couple days and had site 1505. It's close to the comfort station and totally private. Kinda like the old days when you didn't see your neighbor. I have a pop up I rent out and I wanted to take it on a trip to see what could better it for customers. It was a first stay in a partial and I liked it. The comfort station was pretty busy. I rode my bike to 1600/1800 cs and it was empty.

Great pics!!!
DH just told me he would tent camp during our next trip!!! Yeah!!!

Tell me about the comfort stations. Does anyone have pics to post?

Hello Mommyofthreeboys ............ I have a few pictures of the Comfort Stations I took back in 2002. The picture quality is not the best but I think you will be able to see how nice the Comfort Stations are. I believe these pictures were from the CS in the 1400 Loop.

WDWJune2002_0065.jpg

WDWJune2002_0067.jpg

WDWJune2002_0068.jpg

WDWJune2002_0069.jpg

I hope you and your family have a very safe and enjoyable vacation at Fort Wilderness!

Doug / datgrt@fw

Is there a maximum # of tents someone can have on the sites? thanks

and can I get a pic of at least 4 tents on a site or does anyone have one?

thanks

This thread has been very helpful. I would love to be able to go camping at the fort with my kids. Now I just need to figure out the logistics of the trip :scared1:

Is there a maximum # of tents someone can have on the sites? thanks

and can I get a pic of at least 4 tents on a site or does anyone have one?

thanks

Officially, the max is two tents plus an awning/screen room, but I've had three tents, two EZ-Ups, and a third shelter on a site in Loop 2000 no problem. (I don't think they care as much back on that loop).

100_3677.jpg

100_3826.jpg

100_3825.jpg

100_3824.jpg

100_3823.jpg

100_3822.jpg

What purpose does the clear plastic going under your tent serve? I am new to tent camping, but I assumed that that tent had a built in ground cover. If it rained, wouldn't water go between the tent bottom and the clear plastic?

I actually use three ground cloths at Ft.Wilderness. The first is the very thin painters plastic that goes down first, then I have 6mil plastic that is cut to fit the tent that lays down next, then another piece of 6 mil plastic goes on the floor inside the tent. The first layer gets thrown away at the end of the trip. That sand pad gets nasty when wet. Some of my tents have a built in heavy bottom, some do not. I use the ground cloth to help the tents last longer.

We have officially booked our vacation for March 9-15 and we will be camping in a tent. I can't wait! I love camping, it is so much fun. There are tons of great ideas on here. I hope it isn't to rainy in March. Think we will need a heater?

For those who are new to camping, keep in mind that a good number of people on this site are experienced campers and have been accumulating their "stuff" over a number of years. Please don't think you must have an equal amount of stuff to have a successful camping trip. Take a look at this picture - the opposite end of the spectrum. Week before last a mother and her elementary school-aged son camped across the road from us in 1501. I'm sure if it rained heavily, they would not have been comfortable - might even have slept in the car. They probably would liked to have had a bigger, better, nicer set up, but they were at Disney and that's what counted. If you are planning on being out and around all day long and not spending all that much time at your site, you won't need as much stuff as the people who are making Fort Wilderness the destination and spending as much time or more there as in the parks.

DSCN0186.jpg

This thread is so awesome! We're taking our first trip to Disney this Dec. and we're staying at ASMu. I wanted to stay at Ft. Wilderness, but knew that we didn't have the time to drive and could't figure out how to get all of our camping stuff there. (We don't fly hardly ever and I didn't think about just checking all of our tents and stuff.) Anyway, this is a great thread regardless of where you go camping. (With 2 cubscouts and 1 more coming up and all of them shooting for Eagle, we do a LOT of camping.)

No pics here, Sorry. As a kid, my family and I went up and down the East Coast camping. Would love to get back into the mix. This thread has kindled an old flame within me. Some of your setups are out of this world. My dad has an Airstream we could borrow. Though, I would need a full size truck. Going the tent route would require new tent/tents and a screen house.

Thank you. Can't wait to see more pics.

Thanks for the huge information about camping tents actuclly I am also a very good online source to choosing hiking equipment for your camping.
Keep it up....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter