• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post Your Cabin # for PCC 4.0 !!!

Cabin #2038. This will be my 2nd DCL cruise, first PCC. I'm *really* hoping the Fantasy is more stable than the Magic, and that I don't spend the whole cruise feeling "off"!

Sayhello

Hi there! I see that you're taking a 3-Night in Sept...DW & I are as well. Which one are you booked on, if you don't mind my asking? We'll be on the 9/15, which is the 3-Night just before the DVC Member Cruise. We wanted to do that one, but it just wasn't in the cards at this time.

We're going two weeks before you. :sail:

Cabin #2038. This will be my 2nd DCL cruise, first PCC. I'm *really* hoping the Fantasy is more stable than the Magic, and that I don't spend the whole cruise feeling "off"!

Sayhello

I was on the Dream earlier this month, and there were some sick people the night before we returned to Port Canaveral. You never know what weather you'll get in the Med, but you can almost always count on some roughness the first and last nights of a cruise that leaves from PC.

I am sensitive to motion, so I take Meclizine every day - starting the day before I sail. That's usually enough to keep me from feeling ill, unless the ship is really rocking.

I was on the Dream earlier this month, and there were some sick people the night before we returned to Port Canaveral. You never know what weather you'll get in the Med, but you can almost always count on some roughness the first and last nights of a cruise that leaves from PC.

I am sensitive to motion, so I take Meclizine every day - starting the day before I sail. That's usually enough to keep me from feeling ill, unless the ship is really rocking.
:sick: Meclizine really knocks me for a loop. I do better with the patch, but didn't want to wear it for 11-nights in the Med. The effects get worse the longer you wear it. Not really happy wearing it for a 7-night cruise, either. Maybe I can get away with wearing one the first couple of days, and then the last couple of days. I just always felt the Magic moving. I've heard people say the Dream is more stable. Guess I'll find out!

Some of us are a little 'off' all the time.... but that's a horse of a different color.
:rotfl:

Sayhello

I wore the patch on the 4 day cruise, and the only time I felt any movement was the first night

Me too, I'd rather be safe than sorry. :thumbsup2

Paid the balance of our deposit today and got our cabin #. :cool1:
(DH) John & I will be in 9574.
This will be our 4th Disney cruise, and 3rd Podcast cruise.

I am hesitant to post my room number. I have a cabin assigned, but I am thinking too much and wondering...

I know everyone has different ideas, let's hear them.

I am going to have an interior cabin.
Better on deck 2 - closer to restaurants, entertainment and exit to the dock? or up on deck 8 or 9?

I am hesitant to post my room number. I have a cabin assigned, but I am thinking too much and wondering...

Better on deck 2 - closer to restaurants, entertainment and exit to the dock? or up on deck 8 or 9?

Interesting question Lyn. In your case I might stick with deck 2. As you note, its closer to entertainment, food, etc. The obvious downside is that the pools and the buffet, etc will necessitate a wait for the elevator. But if I recall correctly, you're not really a pool/lay in the sun person so that might not be a big thing.

The only real reason, IMHO, to go for a cabin on an upper deck is if you have an outside one so you get a higher view. With an inside cabin that's not an issue either.

We're in one of the double-wide family ocean views. DH thinks that since cabins are so big, only need one cabin. He didn't quibble about spending the $$ for Podcast cruise, so we'll try cabin.

And if you are on deck 8 or 9, it would be easier to trade us looking at your virtual porthole with you sitting out on our verandah.

Kim

Deck 2 is going to be THE party deck...
just saying :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I was in this thought the other day as well. Am I on the right room, should we upgrade, and then ultimately, I thought I just want to be on the ship so I'm going to live with what I choose and go from there. I might even be in a lower class 11b instead of 11a according to the Deck reviews.

Personally, I just don't like being on a lower deck. Louder because of the clubs. The aft tends to be louder on docking. We chose the mid front of deck 8 because we are next to the forward elevators which would take us to all the entertainment plus adult pool area for me. In our experience, we have almost always been the first off the ship just because of how we were ready to depart not because of the deck we were on. What ever you choose, stick with it don't over think once you are decided.... then countdown to the fun!!:woohoo:

I was in this thought the other day as well. Am I on the right room, should we upgrade, and then ultimately, I thought I just want to be on the ship so I'm going to live with what I choose and go from there. I might even be in a lower class 11b instead of 11a according to the Deck reviews.

Personally, I just don't like being on a lower deck. Louder because of the clubs. The aft tends to be louder on docking. We chose the mid front of deck 8 because we are next to the forward elevators which would take us to all the entertainment plus adult pool area for me. In our experience, we have almost always been the first off the ship just because of how we were ready to depart not because of the deck we were on. What ever you choose, stick with it don't over think once you are decided.... then countdown to the fun!!:woohoo:
On the Dream, the clubs are on deck 4 aft, so the people in the balcony cabins on deck 5 aft get to deal with the noise late at night. The cabins on deck 2 are all mid-ship or forward. The 11Cs on deck 2 are also the least expensive. DCL already costs more than other cruise lines at the same time of year and with the same itinerary, so I'm not giving DCL any more money than necessary to be on the ship!

As you note, its closer to entertainment, food, etc. The obvious downside is that the pools and the buffet, etc will necessitate a wait for the elevator.

Either wait for the elevator to go to snack/ buffet and pool or wait for elevator to go to restaurants and entertainment. Or walk lots of stairs!

But if I recall correctly, you're not really a pool/lay in the sun person so that might not be a big thing.

Well, I might sit out by the pool if it was not so windy!

The only real reason, IMHO, to go for a cabin on an upper deck is if you have an outside one so you get a higher view. With an inside cabin that's not an issue either.

I was thinking that with our inside cabin, the quickest outside view (other than the virtual porthole) would be quick flights to the top deck. Sunrise, starry nights, coming into port would be best viewed from topside.

And if you are on deck 8 or 9, it would be easier to trade us looking at your virtual porthole with you sitting out on our verandah.
Kim

Sounds fair. Except you are aft and my current assigned cabin is deck 9 forward.

Deck 2 is going to be THE party deck...
just saying :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Well, Yvette, I am sure the party people will be on deck two. But will you actually be partying on deck two? Or somewhere above?

What ever you choose, stick with it don't over think once you are decided.... then countdown to the fun!!:woohoo:

Ain't this the truth! I always seem to over think things.

The 11Cs on deck 2 are also the least expensive. DCL already costs more than other cruise lines at the same time of year and with the same itinerary, so I'm not giving DCL any more money than necessary to be on the ship!

Very good point!

My sister's only other cruise was this past New Year's week. She had a balcony on Carnival.
I really want her to be impressed with the Disney cruise, even if we are in an inside room.
I asked her. She said she'd "like being on 9 to get up and outside to the fun stuff quicker". Even though saving $100 on the lower level, she thinks she would prefer the higher level.

I think I am underestimating the steps on the six flights of stairs to get to dinner. I'll bet we will be waiting for the elevator.

(I really can't recall how many times I waited for the elevator on the Wonder vs. taking the stairs. I do know that I could never remember if my cabin was fore of aft. Under the spa or under Palo? One time I got out of the elevator and circled three quarters around the deck to find my cabin!)

Maybe I should compromise and book a cabin on deck 8?

I was thinking that with our inside cabin, the quickest outside view (other than the virtual porthole) would be quick flights to the top deck. Sunrise, starry nights, coming into port would be best viewed from topside....

My sister's only other cruise was this past New Year's week. She had a balcony on Carnival.
I really want her to be impressed with the Disney cruise, even if we are in an inside room.
I asked her. She said she'd "like being on 9 to get up and outside to the fun stuff quicker". Even though saving $100 on the lower level, she thinks she would prefer the higher level.

I think I am underestimating the steps on the six flights of stairs to get to dinner. I'll bet we will be waiting for the elevator.

(I really can't recall how many times I waited for the elevator on the Wonder vs. taking the stairs. I do know that I could never remember if my cabin was fore of aft. Under the spa or under Palo? One time I got out of the elevator and circled three quarters around the deck to find my cabin!)

Maybe I should compromise and book a cabin on deck 8?
If your sister is happy with the deck 9 location, and you want to see sunrise, starry nights, and coming into port - then stay put.

I don't mind stairs going down - even a LOT of stairs. It's the ones going up that are the killers!

Stairs for going down.
Elevator for going up!

On the Wonder, I enjoyed the staircases because I would pause to admire the artwork on the landings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter