Post Your Wedding Cake

Ok, I got my BEO and I'm still trying to figure out what clouding is. Can anyone point me to two pictures on this thread that show what the cake table looks like with and without?

Clouding is what they do to the fabric, like in the post below yours the fabric is bunched up to give the table texture.

Ok, I got my BEO and I'm still trying to figure out what clouding is. Can anyone point me to two pictures on this thread that show what the cake table looks like with and without?

I had clouding but i've not got a great photo of it...

WDWWedding359.jpg

WDWWedding430.jpg

I love seeing how creative and unique some of the Disney cakes are. : )

We just had the basic scrolls cake, asked for a gold base and for the cake to be cream rather than white. In all honesty the cake wasn't a really important part of our day, but we both had to admit that we thought it looked wonderful.

N,A1741 11-30-10 by Leonix8238, on Flickr

PH207711110 - 0057 by Leonix8238, on Flickr

If there was one thing about our wedding that I was completely obsessed with, it was our cake! It was absolutely stunning and tasted fantastic too! :)

121510-0757.jpg

121510-0767.jpg

121510-0766.jpg

We asked the bakery to make a square 2 tier cake for us, pink that fades up to the top and to copy the pattern from my dress onto the cake. This is what they came up with :love:-

weddigcake.jpg

weddingcake2.jpg

weddingcake3.jpg

That's a lovely cake Jules!!!
Are the little sparkly bits edible? I asked my cake maker for sparkly bits on my cake and she said that she could not add them as they were not edible and so were not allowed :confused3

Jules,
Is that at California Grill?? If that is made by the contemporary baker, I AM SO EXCITED!! (thats where we are having our "reception" and getting a cake from)

That's a lovely cake Jules!!!
Are the little sparkly bits edible? I asked my cake maker for sparkly bits on my cake and she said that she could not add them as they were not edible and so were not allowed :confused3

Thanks! Uummm...well I had no idea that they were even going to put sparkly bits on it :rotfl: but I don't think they were edible. The outside was fondant, so they removed it before serving the cake. Although, our grooms cake had a lot of bits and pieces that you wouldn't think were edible but were actually made out of chocolate...I'm sorry I'm not much help! I wonder why you wouldn't be able to add whatever you want, are you not having fondant? Maybe that's why?

I am in love w/ your cake:love: Would you mind sharing how much it cost? Thanks!

Thank you! It was $550 after taxes. At first they quoted us at $1000, so we took away 1 tier and it cut the price in half!!!

Jules,
Is that at California Grill?? If that is made by the contemporary baker, I AM SO EXCITED!! (thats where we are having our "reception" and getting a cake from)

Yes, it was at California Grill, but the cake was actually from the Grand Floridian. They didn't give us an option to have it made at the Contemporary...:confused3

Jules~Marie, your cake is gorgeous! In the first picture, I can see a little bit of the phrase "And they lived happily ever after"-- what is it displayed on? Is it like a ribbon, or a little sign? It's so sweet!

I wish I had pictures that showed jost how amazing our cake was. Our cake was done by GF & we left it pretty much a surprise. We picked flavors: bottom & top chocolate w/raspberry mousse; middle marble with chocolate. We picked the madhatter style told our planner to relay to bakers: incorporate Tinkerbell & periwinkle/purple, & tell them to GO NUTS! It was beyond our wildest expectations... there were even little white chocolate tinkerbells sitting all around the cake with flickering lights (unfortuantely this was not captured in any of the pics). With all the surprises we had planned for our guests it was nice to have a surprise for ourselves as well :).

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

oh man! what pretty cakes!!! i hadn't been clicking on all the email links i get to this thread - how cool to see them!!! the tinkerbell one is amazing! and i love that gerbera daisy one a couple pages back!

ours turned out so amazing as well! our inspiration cake came from (i think) disbride named morgan?
romantic-disney-wedding-13.jpg

now i can't remember exactly, but it was over $1000 for something like this in 2 tiers. i submitted this sketch -

cakesketch.png

and the inspiration picture and requested "no fondant" (alhtough the lantern cut outs are indeed fondant). heres what we got, ~$450(+taxes and all that), in lovely almond cake with alternating raspberry mousse and chocolate buttercream throughout with buttercream frosting -
IMG_1223.png

cake FTW!!!

also, the surprise grooms cake (in red velvet, fondant ok!) - requested by submitting 3 or 4 cakes i found on the cake chatter thread, a photoshopped picture of us as the HM bride and groom - was BEYOND!
IMG_1222.png

167364_498368451189_111170876189_6816458_527994_n.jpg

179689_498368596189_111170876189_6816465_38472_n.jpg

The "Pink Fade" cake is really beautiful......
Thank you!

Thanks so much for sharing! I showed it to my sweetie and we may be stealing your concept:lmao:
Go for it!!! :thumbsup2
Jules~Marie, your cake is gorgeous! In the first picture, I can see a little bit of the phrase "And they lived happily ever after"-- what is it displayed on? Is it like a ribbon, or a little sign? It's so sweet!
Thanks! It's actually a sign that my sister purchased for us at Target. She had it displayed at my bridal shower, and I thought it would be nice to have it at the wedding. I had asked my planner to put it at the guest book table, but they put it by the cake and I'm glad they did. :)

Here's our cake from our at-home celebration dinner. The cake at SOG we had for our actual wedding wasn't too creative and cute. We had just gone with the one that came with the package. But for our cake at home, we had fun :)

IMG_4631-1.jpg

96699.jpg

96748.jpg

We had our cake set up at our Dessert Party :love:

We didn't get to eat enough of it :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter