Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I am not a litigious, nor a vindictive and spiteful person. I also don't believe I have unrealistic expectations. As I said in my original email, I have had quite a few surgeries over the years, and have been an inpatient for my four major surgeries at Virtua Vorhees, where I've always had a wonderful experience. I've had many outpatient procedures, from epidural injections, to meniscus repairs, to cataract removal of both eyes at a few local surgi-centers. I've been inpatient for a few other health issues at Kennedy Washington Twp, now a Jefferson Hospital. My experience at TJUH was the worst experience I've ever had, but my few stays at Kennedy also did not live up to the care I received at Virtua, and I was an RN working at Kennedy Washington Twp at the time. The majority of my outpatient procedures were at the Advanced Surgical Institute in Washington Twp, and all of my experiences there were great. The staff was outstanding, and always made me feel comfortable, and safe. I had to have one procedure at the Select Surgical Center at Kennedy in Washington Twp around a year ago; I had no other choice but to have it there, and that experience was not good either. It truly makes me never want to receive care at any Kennedy/Jefferson facility, and the majority of my 20 year nursing career was at Kennedy Wash Twp as an ED & Critical Care RN, so it pains me to feel this way.

I truly enjoyed my nursing career at Kennedy, but as the years went by I saw the cutbacks, the increasing lack of concern for staff, and what I perceived to be the lack of safe care for patients, and the transition of treating patients like customers, instead of patients. I want to be able to go to my local hospital, which is Kennedy/Jefferson Wash Twp, but unless I'm having an MI, a stroke, or bleeding out, I'm driving to Virtua Vorhees, which is quite out of my way. I didn't mean to segue into talking about my experience at Kennedy/Jefferson Wash Twp, but I feel it is pertinent since Kennedy is now part of the Jefferson family. I left my nursing career in 2009, which was my second career, due to health issues, and I do miss it. I think I was a very good nurse, who took excellent care of my patients, and treated them with respect, and I expect nothing less in the care I receive. Thank you for taking the time to listen.

When we first moved into Washington Township 20+ years ago we were warned never to go near Kennedy. I had an sickly mom who was always needing medical attention and didn't listen the first time but it was the doctor not the hospital or nurses. We started going to the Voohess doctors (a couple Jefferson doctors thrown in), hospitals and rehabs even though everyone, Philly natives, said Philly hospitals and doctors were the best. We found that Virtua, etc were the best patient experience and the larger more recognized hospital treated people like a piece of meat. After having my mom in and out of most every hospital in the Philadelphia, S. Jersey area, I would never go to one Jefferson or other major well know hospitals in the area as they rely on their reputation and are lax on patient care. I worship nurses, and feel they are the heart of the hospital and such an important part of your recovery success but found that the nurses in the more nationwide well known hospitals are not the same as the lesser known hospitals, plus I would starve in them. The option of room service all day in Virtua is amazing!

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I am not a litigious, nor a vindictive and spiteful person. I also don't believe I have unrealistic expectations. As I said in my original email, I have had quite a few surgeries over the years, and have been an inpatient for my four major surgeries at Virtua Vorhees, where I've always had a wonderful experience. I've had many outpatient procedures, from epidural injections, to meniscus repairs, to cataract removal of both eyes at a few local surgi-centers. I've been inpatient for a few other health issues at Kennedy Washington Twp, now a Jefferson Hospital. My experience at TJUH was the worst experience I've ever had, but my few stays at Kennedy also did not live up to the care I received at Virtua, and I was an RN working at Kennedy Washington Twp at the time. The majority of my outpatient procedures were at the Advanced Surgical Institute in Washington Twp, and all of my experiences there were great. The staff was outstanding, and always made me feel comfortable, and safe. I had to have one procedure at the Select Surgical Center at Kennedy in Washington Twp around a year ago; I had no other choice but to have it there, and that experience was not good either. It truly makes me never want to receive care at any Kennedy/Jefferson facility, and the majority of my 20 year nursing career was at Kennedy Wash Twp as an ED & Critical Care RN, so it pains me to feel this way.

I truly enjoyed my nursing career at Kennedy, but as the years went by I saw the cutbacks, the increasing lack of concern for staff, and what I perceived to be the lack of safe care for patients, and the transition of treating patients like customers, instead of patients. I want to be able to go to my local hospital, which is Kennedy/Jefferson Wash Twp, but unless I'm having an MI, a stroke, or bleeding out, I'm driving to Virtua Vorhees, which is quite out of my way. I didn't mean to segue into talking about my experience at Kennedy/Jefferson Wash Twp, but I feel it is pertinent since Kennedy is now part of the Jefferson family. I left my nursing career in 2009, which was my second career, due to health issues, and I do miss it. I think I was a very good nurse, who took excellent care of my patients, and treated them with respect, and I expect nothing less in the care I receive. Thank you for taking the time to listen.

Thank you for the update. So glad Dom is making some progress! So frustrating with the hospital. Good for you for staying on their butts. Someone needs to!!!!

What lovely pictures, Teresa. Thank you for sharing and always for allowing us to support you and Dom through this! Indeed by the Grace of God, Dom has/is making progress. I will always believe Dom knows each of you when you visit, he just may not be able to verbalize it. You make a difference to him and Patty that is for sure as you do each of us by sharing.

I have been keeping all of you in added prayer during this time. I admit to knowing zip about how Facetime or Zoom works but know folks who use both. My church uses Zoom now for online Bible study. I am grateful this is a way for Dom and Patty (and hopefully you and Dom/Patty) to see one another right now. Connection now to those we love right now is all the more important.

:hug: to you my friend always.

TeresaNJ--Thank you for sharing pictures of Don in happier times. Hard to believe that it's been 4 years. March 24 must have really been a bittersweet day for you and your family. And with your Sister not being able to see/visit Dom, it must be even harder for her. I hope that they are able to facetime or something, just to keep both of their moral up. Your DIS family always loves to see your posts, and we all say prayers for Dom and your family that he continues to improve a little at a time. Lynn

What great pictures, Teresa!! Happier times for sure. And yes, 4 years, hard to imagine that long.

Sorry to read today's update. :(

Dom, Patty, all of you, in my prayers.

I’m so sorry Teresa! I will continue to pray over this situation! I can’t imagine as a mom how difficult it would be not to see my child face to face! I am amazed at Patty’s strength through this all. Hugs to you all and I’m still looking at the Facebook updates weekly to see you Dom’s progress...he is a fighter!!

So sorry to read the update, but so glad that the ER doc was able to calm your Sister's fears a little. Happy that Dom got the care he needed to get the new peg tube in. I hope that both of the administrators get back to her, and I am glad that the ADON is going to make sure that more care is taken when checking him over. I can only imagine how scary and frustrating it was for your Sister to not be able to go to the ER to make sure he was okay. If it's the same there as here, no one can go into our ER with a patient either, and there are absolutely no visitors allowed for any patients. Sending extra prayers for Dom and the entire family.:littleangel:

I thought of you all and wondered if you were able to visit. Glad Dom got the help he needed at the ER.

This is trying times for everyone. I understand how hard it is not to be able to see your child, give them a hug and tell them everything will be ok. My daughter is an ICU nurse on a pulmonary unit. She has been tested once already and I want to just hold her and allay her fears but I can't. My youngest grandson, her youngest, has had strep twice in the past 3 weeks, technically once as the first course of antibiotics didn't work. I felt so helpless and even more so when his drs. office wouldn't even accept that he had it. The NP is a moron, believe me I have had it out with her more than once. I called and let the office manager have it with both barrels blasting. I get being cautious but you can't diagnose strep over the phone and not getting the proper meds can have a negative outcome as the little guy has 2 heart murmurs.

Stay safe and I am praying this will all be over soon so we can all get back to some semblance of normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter