Pre-DVC stay on a budget

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
So, forever planning, as I look towards our Jan '09 trip, I'd like to include a 2 nights off site or value resort prior to DVC check in. Am concerned that this little add-on will translate into more $$$ than necessary. Any hints/experiences re: how to pull this off economically.

subscribing....

I, too, am curious about this. We plan on adding a day or two at POP before checking in at BCV in July.

We are staying one night at POFQ before moving over to a 2 bedroom at BCV. Don't want to blow friday night points when we won't be arriving until 8:00 pm.

We often arrive a day or to early. If you have an Annual Pass, and if those rates are available, POP can be pretty reasonable, like $60 per night in off season. If there is no pass rate available, we have stayed offsite. There are usually a lot of hotels nearby with low rates, depending on the season. We've even gotten a Hampton Inn for $39. Of course, if you don't have a car, it would be easiest and probably just as economical to stay onsite at a value resort, by the time you add cab fare or car rental.

We actually did this for the last night of our trip, because we had an early flight. Disney will transport luggage between resorts, so this may be an incentive to stay at a Disney hotel. You just arrange for the bag transfer with the front desk or baggage handlers, and then just call for them when checking-in at the new resort. Just thought I would give you this advice. Last time we checked in at BCV on a weekend our room was not ready and with travelling with 3 young children this was just a little crazy to wait in the lobby area.

Our family sometimes uses the Orlando Magic card discount (free card) for the Comfort Inn at Lake Buena Vista for one night. It's usually $49 a night. It's real close to downtown Disney on Palm Parkway. We usually do a 3 day car rental through National (pick up at the airport) and drop off at the Dolphin Hotel. That way I can go to the grocery store and hit the outlets, but not have to rent a car for the whole week. Then we use Magical Express back to the airport.

I'll be staying at Pop 2 nights before my Apr stay at the BCV
DS & I are staying at Pop 2 nights before our Aug stay at VWL
and in Nov I booked 2 nights at BCV member cash discount for that wknd before switching to DVC

So, forever planning, as I look towards our Jan '09 trip, I'd like to include a 2 nights off site or value resort prior to DVC check in. Am concerned that this little add-on will translate into more $$$ than necessary. Any hints/experiences re: how to pull this off economically.

will you have a rental car - or are you planning of using DME?

if using DME go with Pop or one of the all stars. Disney will transfer your luggage - just go to luggage service that morning and tell them where you are going - I would bring the luggage.

if a car there are bunch of places
www.hotelkingdom.com
www.hotelmartusa.com
www.choicehotels.com

can't recommend staying offsite without a car because the luggage transfer would be a problem.

lots of the hotel buses won't allow you luggage on their buses. (they are generally crowded enough)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter