Pre or post dessert party?

Disney102015

Mouseketeer
Which would you do, and why? Fireworks are at 9:20 and the park closes at 10:00. I was thinking maybe the pre party to leave time to do 1 more ride after the fireworks? But do you feel rushed at all to get to the viewing spot if doing the pre party? Maybe it’d be nice to do the post party and be walking out in a nearly empty park. I’m torn!! Thanks for any opinions!

(seats and treats is sold out for our date)

I've done both and I enjoy the post-party more. I like getting to the garden earlier to get a spot and then we eat dessert as the masses are clearing out of the park. By the time we are done with the party, MK has cleared out quite a bit, so it's a very leisurely stroll to the exit while enjoying how beautiful MK is at night. It's just a less chaotic experience, IMHO.

I prefer the post party but for 9pm fireworks with a 10pm closing I'd probably do pre. We love to squeeze in a ride or two before the park closes.

We've only done post party and we enjoyed it. If there's no weather delays, and you do the pre-party, you should be able to get in a ride but it won't be fun fighting the sea of people leaving the park to get that last ride in. If you do the pre-party, I would plan to bail a few minutes before HEA ends. Even when you do the post party, it's still a struggle getting out of the viewing area to get over to the party. The whole reason we don't like the pre-party is I just feel like it's sucking up park time. At least post party it's missing maybe maybe 1 ride.

We have done both but prefer post. It's usually a madhouse after HEA and while everyone is trying to leave the park, going against the flow to get another ride in is brutal. Going with the flow to get out of the park is slightly less brutal, but still brutal nonetheless. It's a short walk from the viewing area to the dessert party area, and by the time you are finished desserts, it's a casual stroll out of the park with minimal crowds.

I've only done pre parties- did one last week. I don't go into the viewing area until a few minutes before. They close off the gates to the handicap area and allow people to move up to the gate which creates a gap in the middle. We sat and waited for 15 minutes after the show and then walked over to Haunted Mansion and walked on.

Just a warning if you have not done a party before, make sure you set your expectations. We've done it 3 times over the last 15 years, the latest being last month. It is over priced for what you get (surprise), but getting a reserved area to watch the fireworks is where you find the real value. Basically, you are paying for time, plus some desserts and a few drinks. You could camp out an hour or an hour and half before the fireworks start in a prime viewing place, or you could pay to attend the party, eat some sweets, drink a few glasses of wine, and then wonder over to your viewing area 10 to 15 minutes before the show starts. That's where you get a pretty good view (maybe not the best possible view, but not a bad view). Obviously, you could do the party afterwards too, but for us, at the end of the fireworks, we were ready to head back to the room.

I will tell a sad story about the party. My wife went to the rest room at our last party and ran into a woman that was crying. She was expecting a balcony view with staff service, first class service, and high end desserts. That's not what the party is, even if there are good options available. It's still basically a buffet of small desserts and a few free drink options. I get it, it isn't a cheap experience, but make sure you realize what your getting for it. Like I said, the reserved viewing location is probably the biggest value you're paying for.

So if anyone has done both which do you think is better. Can’t decide on one hand it would be nice to enjoy earlier and have a nice dedicated spot to watch the fireworks. But on the other hand could be nice to sit and relax while the park empties out
Does the after show allow you access to a dedicated spot to watch the show?

Yes you get the dedicated spot with the after party.

I haven’t done it yet but I’d do the after party. Post-fireworks crowds and buses are Nuts.

We’ve done both and preferred the post. We definitely felt a little rushed with the pre-party. It was nicer to watch the fireworks and then relax with wine and desserts while everyone else rushed out of the parks.

So if anyone has done both which do you think is better. Can’t decide on one hand it would be nice to enjoy earlier and have a nice dedicated spot to watch the fireworks. But on the other hand could be nice to sit and relax while the park empties out
Does the after show allow you access to a dedicated spot to watch the show?

Both the pre- and post-show guests share the same garden area in front of Plaza Restaurant to view the fireworks. The only difference is the pre-show people have the desserts/beverages first and then go to the garden. Post-show guests start in the garden and then go to the dessert/beverage area on the terrace. We've done both and I much prefer the post-party - you can get to the garden earlier, secure a good spot and then enjoy the dessert party without feeling rushed. Also loved walking down a virtually empty Main St. after the party.

When the park is closing right after, I would pick the post party. It is nice to just sit and relax, why the crowds are clearing the park. We always have to do the party on a Wednesday night, and because it has always been extended hours for deluxe resorts, we choose the pre party and then take advantage of the lower crowds afterwards.

With kids, we always do the pre party because the post party would get pretty late for them and all that sugar right before bed isn’t a great idea! We’ve done it several times. My daughter absolutely loves getting a sparkling apple cider in a champagne flute and pretending to be a “fancy lady” sipping “champagne.” The cookie decorating station is also a hit with kids. In March we are going to try the “seats and sweets” party for the first time because my husband just had knee surgery and sitting in a chair the whole time will be easier for him. I have heard that the view is diminished but we’ll check it out.

Another post-party vote.

Pro tip, you don't need to wait for the cast member to walk you from the viewing area to the post-party host stand. If you go right after the fireworks you will need to navigate the crowd on your own, but will be rewarded with a nearly empty party area for quite some time.
Mike

Another post-party vote.

Pro tip, you don't need to wait for the cast member to walk you from the viewing area to the post-party host stand. If you go right after the fireworks you will need to navigate the crowd on your own, but will be rewarded with a nearly empty party area for quite some time.
Mike
Thank you

Coming back to update - we did the post party and liked it so much we are doing it on our next trip! We liked having time beforehand to stake out our spot to watch the show and not feeling rushed to get a spot. Afterwards, it was lovely to sit and enjoy desserts and wine while waiting for the crowds to thin out. Definitely recommend!

Signed up to do post-party in a few weeks and have a few general questions.

-How early do you need to show up to get an ok spot (I don't need the best I just don't want terrible either), assume it will be an 8-9 on touringplans since spring break?

-I can just show up to the fireworks viewing location and don't need to check in at another location, correct?

-Does the post-party occur at tommorowland?

-Good idea to save tommorowland rides for after party to knock out quick, or will a lot of people be up at front of park?

-Any tips or traps from people who have done?

Signed up to do post-party in a few weeks and have a few general questions.

1. -How early do you need to show up to get an ok spot (I don't need the best I just don't want terrible either), assume it will be an 8-9 on touringplans since spring break?

2. -I can just show up to the fireworks viewing location and don't need to check in at another location, correct?

3. -Does the post-party occur at tommorowland?

4. -Good idea to save tommorowland rides for after party to knock out quick, or will a lot of people be up at front of park?

5. -Any tips or traps from people who have done?
1. I find that before the show, people spread out on the hub grass, sitting and lounging. Then when it's close to show time, cast members ask everyone to stand, and most move toward the front of the viewing area. We don't do that. We hang at the back of the area. Lots of space around us, and a great view. So we don't get there until shortly before the show starts.

2. No, you need to get a wristband at the kiosk at the bottom of the ramp up to the Tomorrowland Terrace area. It's the wristband that gets you into the viewing area.

3. Yes, all parties are at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Lower level is for Treats & Seats, upper level for Pre- and Post.

4. Depends on the timing of the fireworks and park closing. We prefer to linger at the party longer, and only ride more if the timing works out well.

5. As I mentioned in #1, hang at the back of the area, along the fence, for the show. The view is still great, and there is usually plenty of space around you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter