Predicted DVC booking patterns - Studios/ some 1-bedrooms (Prepared 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
beautifully done! the graphs really do make comparisons (resort, time of year) significantly easier to see & understand :thumbsup2

Very cool!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this...and for sharing it with us!

Thanks again everyone! I was hoping/thinking that everyone here would appreciate it enough to be worth sharing. The amount of work to share it was only a few hours, as opposed to all the hours to make it.

Anyone know of a way to ask the moderators to sticky a post? I was hoping they would do that.

....(snip).......Anyone know of a way to ask the moderators to sticky a post? I was hoping they would do that.
You did good work & it is appreciated. Thank you again.

Respectfully, people just do do NOT read Sticky Threads. We'd prefer to have as few sticky threads as possible so that posters don't have to scroll so far down to get to the current discussions. For example, even though there are twelve sticky threads over on the Transportation Board, they still get lots of repeat questions that are answered and discussed in the stickies.

FWIW, well over 3/4 of the threads we look at for the Rent/Trade Board (could be as many as 90%), are rejected because the poster did not read the Sticky Thread that clearly says "HOW TO USE THIS BOARD". (Some of those people don't even read the PM we send them explaining why their thread was rejected and we have to repeat things when they send us a reply to the PM).

It's better to bookmark a thread such as this one and then post the link when it's appropriate. That's what I've been doing with the Understanding Use Year Thread (and thanks to those of you who also post a link to that thread when appropriate).

HTH.

You did good work & it is appreciated. Thank you again.

Respectfully, people just do do NOT read Sticky Threads. We'd prefer to have as few sticky threads as possible so that posters don't have to scroll so far down to get to the current discussions. For example, even though there are twelve sticky threads over on the Transportation Board, they still get lots of repeat questions that are answered and discussed in the stickies.

FWIW, well over 3/4 of the threads we look at for the Rent/Trade Board (could be as many as 90%), are rejected because the poster did not read the Sticky Thread that clearly says "HOW TO USE THIS BOARD". (Some of those people don't even read the PM we send them explaining why their thread was rejected and we have to repeat things when they send us a reply to the PM).

It's better to bookmark a thread such as this one and then post the link when it's appropriate. That's what I've been doing with the Understanding Use Year Thread (and thanks to those of you who also post a link to that thread when appropriate).

HTH.

You make a good point! I have noticed that people ask a lot of questions that have really easy-to-find answers in the sticky threads! Thanks!

I appreciate all the work the moderators do! And that's not kissing up. This is a good clean board with issues being very rare, and not all of the boards out there are. So thanks again!

STUNNING work. Except for a very FEW places? This confirms my suspicion that little is available at a 7 month window. So, when buying DVC: BUY at the resort you want to STAY at. We did - and always have that 11 month window at VWL :).

This is great! any stats on VGF for 1 bedrooms? Or more of the same as the studios. Asking b/c I am about to pull the trigger on a resale offer and nervous as heck.

Thank you! I am search of a "Treehouse Villas" availability scheme if anyone has seen this on another link or thread! Trying to decide if we want to purchase SSR...

Wow this is amazing. Thank you for sharing all your hard work! This is really helping me figure out where I could hopefully get for next fall 7 mos out fro 2 rooms.

Skier_pete,
Awesome job! Really respect all the work done on this and thanks for sharing!

Great job. Love how the information is presented.

Glad I got to stay at the VGF once as it certainly doesn't look like I'll ever get back in there again at the 7 month mark.

Great job. Love how the information is presented.

Glad I got to stay at the VGF once as it certainly doesn't look like I'll ever get back in there again at the 7 month mark.

I think VGF is exceedingly popular because all the new owners want to stay there, and the points were so expensive, they feel they HAVE to stay there. I think that as time goes on, VGF owners will realize they want to stay at other resorts, that they could get a 1-bedroom at say BWV for only 25% more points...etc...that they will spread out more. VGF will always be one of the tougher gets because of it's size/location, but I think it will become similar to BCV in 5 years, where there will be some level of availability at 7 months, but you will need to pounce on it quickly as non-owners will want there shots.

Wow! Thank you so much for all of the work you did in creating these tables! As a new VGF owner, its a bit disconcerting to see at a glance just how hard it is to book there, but fortunately we're a fan of all the monorail resorts and want to stay at some of the other resorts as well, so if we were unable to book VGF it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I think VGF is exceedingly popular because all the new owners want to stay there, and the points were so expensive, they feel they HAVE to stay there. I think that as time goes on, VGF owners will realize they want to stay at other resorts, that they could get a 1-bedroom at say BWV for only 25% more points...etc...that they will spread out more. VGF will always be one of the tougher gets because of it's size/location, but I think it will become similar to BCV in 5 years, where there will be some level of availability at 7 months, but you will need to pounce on it quickly as non-owners will want there shots.

Since this is my daughter's favorite resort I'm definitely hoping this happens. VGF was the one resort I was very tempted (twice) to buy direct at.

Lots of good data presented in a good way. But, gee whiz, skier_pete, its VWL not WLV. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter