Predictions or rumors about Magic 2023 dry dock?

With Soul? It's a newer film. We love it! (my daughter is 8)
I mean, it’s a cute film, but it did not do particularly well…

It just struck me as kind of an odd choice.

I hate barstools (especially if Im drinking or trying to actually do something like a craft) so Im not feeling this so far. Also I’m a bit fluffier and those stools look pretty close together… plus I just keep picturing little kids climbing on and off of them repeatedly during family activities… yeah not a fan.

I mean, it’s a cute film, but it did not do particularly well…

It just struck me as kind of an odd choice.

I hate barstools (especially if Im drinking or trying to actually do something like a craft) so Im not feeling this so far. Also I’m a bit fluffier and those stools look pretty close together… plus I just keep picturing little kids climbing on and off of them repeatedly during family activities… yeah not a fan.
Eh - we need a new way to determine the success of films with streaming (as far as I'm concerned, box-office is largely irrelevant).

I get the concern over the barstools though. I don't love a barstool. If I have any other options, it will always be my last choice.

I’m glad the promenade lounge finally got a makeover, it needed it imo as just felt very bland but I was really expecting a Tangled theme to fall in with RRT so this is a big surprise, not sure if it’s thumbs up or down from me until I see more

We were on the Magic just over a year and a half ago and I recall seeing the peeling chandelier. I actually was disappointing on how cheap Disney was because normally you would have real color glass not some cheap color stickies. I do hope they go to into our cabin and fix up some things that were also disappointment. Mainly the sofa. One side was so worn that when you sat down, you could feel the coils and totally sank. We didn’t care because nobody had a sleep there and we were on a last minute super deal inside cabin. If I had a couch like this on a once, in a lifetime selling that cost me 5000 and more I would’ve been like what am I paying for?

We were on the Magic just over a year and a half ago and I recall seeing the peeling chandelier. I actually was disappointing on how cheap Disney was because normally you would have real color glass not some cheap color stickies. I do hope they go to into our cabin and fix up some things that were also disappointment. Mainly the sofa. One side was so worn that when you sat down, you could feel the coils and totally sank. We didn’t care because nobody had a sleep there and we were on a last minute super deal inside cabin. If I had a couch like this on a once, in a lifetime selling that cost me 5000 and more I would’ve been like what am I paying for?
That was the same as the sofa in my parents room in September 2022. You literally sank into it if you tried to sit on it and you could feel all the springs.

The sofa in my room was fine though.

No way. Who sits on stools? I can’t think of one desirable venue or restaurant where I long to sit on a stool during my vacation.

So now instead of the Nice place to lounge, watch the waves and possibly critters and water puppies pass the ship. Listen to music or make a craft.

I’m expected to balance my way to wide tookas on generous Q-tip as I spin my butt around and knock knees with the guy next to me as I reach each time for my drink?
:rotfl2: Snowwhyt, you cracked me up and I almost spit out my coffee when I read this ! A girl after my own heart! I love you ❤️

I’m glad the promenade lounge finally got a makeover, it needed it imo as just felt very bland but I was really expecting a Tangled theme to fall in with RRT so this is a big surprise, not sure if it’s thumbs up or down from me until I see more
I wondered about that also. It could definitely have a Snuggly Duckling theme. They used to do a Snuggly Duckling takeover of O'Gill's on the day Tangled was in the theater, but I don't think that has returned since Covid.

I think it looks nice, its a good theme for a bar area even if Soul isn't a super popular movie. Interested to see the rest of the updates!

I think it looks nice, its a good theme for a bar area even if Soul isn't a super popular movie. Interested to see the rest of the updates!
Starting to feel like the focus was on absolutely necessary maintenance and updates (paint, carpeting, electrical/electronics) and that other than Soul Cat and Concierge... there might have been very little time left to "enhance" anything else. I hope I am wrong... but sometimes, there is a lot to be said about taking care of the basic stuff

Starting to feel like the focus was on absolutely necessary maintenance and updates (paint, carpeting, electrical/electronics) and that other than Soul Cat and Concierge... there might have been very little time left to "enhance" anything else. I hope I am wrong... but sometimes, there is a lot to be said about taking care of the basic stuff
Right for sure, she's an older ship. There is things they'll have to update and replace over time and I'd bet that is 100% the focus when Dry Docking. Get the necessities done then any extra time gets the other upgrades.

Disney Cruise Line Blog
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-21-night-dry-dock-with-new-places-to-lounge/

It looks good. I just hope those bar stools in the walkway are bolted down and don’t move. I can see those being an issue constantly being in the way of people walking down the hall. It will be an issue for those bigger wanting to sit on them but I think it would be a bigger issue if they moved. Kids will also be playing with them as they wait in line to enter for dinner. You know the parents will just let them move and play with them.

Why????? With so many themes to choose from. I was really, really hoping for a tie in with Rapunzel's like they did with Tiana's Place and the old Promenade lounge on the Wonder. That looks awesome. A Snuggly Duckling vibe would have been great or a castle/village theme from when they dance around the Maypole.

I do not like the looks of those small ice cream shop style table and chairs, or the wall art. It all looks so unfinished. I feel like it went from a comfy, elegant space to a basement look. It just looks cheap to me. We always loved sitting in the old lounge.....you could sit back and be comfortable. Those chairs do not comfortable and you have to sit straight up. IDK...maybe it will grow on me.

P.S.....the kids play area has been gone a long time.

MJ

Last edited:
Why????? With so many themes to choose from. I was really, really hoping for a tie in with Rapunzel's like they did with Tiana's Place and the old Promenade lounge on the Wonder. That looks awesome. A Snuggly Duckling vibe would have been great or a castle/village theme from when they dance around the Maypole.

I do not like the looks of those small ice cream shop style table and chairs, or the wall art. It all looks so unfinished. I feel like it went from a comfy, elegant space to a basement look. It just looks cheap to me.

P.S.....the kids play area has been gone a long time.

MJ
I agree with you 100%. They are starting to sacrifice ocean liner elegance and comfort with pushing IP and grifting. Those chairs are not made for sitting and relaxing while listening to music. They are for having an overpriced cocktail and moving on to something else. The tables and chairs by the windows were a favorite of many adult passengers to sit and read a book or gaze over the ocean. Now we have stools that face away from the view.

I agree with you 100%. They are starting to sacrifice ocean liner elegance and comfort with pushing IP and grifting. Those chairs are not made for sitting and relaxing while listening to music. They are for having an overpriced cocktail and moving on to something else. The tables and chairs by the windows were a favorite of many adult passengers to sit and read a book or gaze over the ocean. Now we have stools that face away from the view.
You can turn and face the windows on the stools...

I will miss the comfy chairs right next to the windows, though. We spent a lot of time there on our last Magic cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter