Price error next August

Hope some save a bit, any saving is better than nothing, I really didn't expect them to offer anything.

I called them and asked about the changing accommodation on the same deal. She suggested I email and explain the situation, she said they had been bombarded with calls all day.

Also, the $300 is on top of the $200 gift card!!!

I called them and asked about the changing accommodation on the same deal. She suggested I email and explain the situation, she said they had been bombarded with calls all day.

Well I guess there's slight hope then.
Hope everyone who has bombarded the phones today has taken into account that it's not the person on the phones fault :)

:goodvibes

Just read that over on The Dibb also! Wow! Really can't complain about that! If they allow us to change accommodation then we will be booking which we would not otherwise have been entertaining at this time. Otherwise we'll have to cancel :(

I really wish I'd got home earlier and phoned as I don't think I can wait any longer!

Just read that over on The Dibb also! Wow! Really can't complain about that! If they allow us to change accommodation then we will be booking which we would not otherwise have been entertaining at this time. Otherwise we'll have to cancel :(

I really wish I'd got home earlier and phoned as I don't think I can wait any longer!

There is an old saying, everything comes to those who wait. Play the waiting game and see what others negotiate.

You catch more flies with honey and all that. The poor girl said people had been telling her tales of upset children and angry calls all day, I told her I hope my call was better for her lol!!

I've been honest and said in the email the glitch price was too good not to pay for, but now it's well out our price range however Animal kingdom isn't and we would be forever grateful if we were able to change over.

Now to wait for the reply :-)

There is an old saying, everything comes to those who wait. Play the waiting game and see what others negotiate.

:goodvibes Yeah, nothing I can do until the morning now. To be honest, I think the offer is very generous of Disney in the 1st place, as they really didn't need to do anything at all. It will be the difference of whether we are going or not at all.

If I hadn't been greedy and opted for a lesser resort then I wouldn't be in this predicament! My own fault really.

Good luck, everyone! If anyone gets any update on if they can change resort or not then please do let me know.

:goodvibes Yeah, nothing I can do until the morning now. To be honest, I think the offer is very generous of Disney in the 1st place, as they really didn't need to do anything at all. It will be the difference of whether we are going or not at all.

If I hadn't been greedy and opted for a lesser resort then I wouldn't be in this predicament! My own fault really.

Good luck, everyone! If anyone gets any update on if they can change resort or not then please do let me know.

Yep I'm also cursing my greed :lmao:

You catch more flies with honey and all that. The poor girl said people had been telling her tales of upset children and angry calls all day, I told her I hope my call was better for her lol!!

I've been honest and said in the email the glitch price was too good not to pay for, but now it's well out our price range however Animal kingdom isn't and we would be forever grateful if we were able to change over.

Now to wait for the reply :-)

Poor staff, really don't envy them! I went for the line that due to the price I went for a hotel I wouldn't otherwise have gone for. Have been rather vague after that, we know what we "want" but I didn't want to go in all guns blazing like "If I can get this then I'll book!". So have just asked what the chances of changing to a lesser resort with the discount would be.

In an ideal world I'd like to downgrade to a Moderate :wizard:

Poor staff, really don't envy them! I went for the line that due to the price I went for a hotel I wouldn't otherwise have gone for. Have been rather vague after that, we know what we "want" but I didn't want to go in all guns blazing like "If I can get this then I'll book!". So have just asked what the chances of changing to a lesser resort with the discount would be.

In an ideal world I'd like to downgrade to a Moderate :wizard:

That is exactly what I am hoping. My wish iws that I will be 'allowed' to downgrade to POFQ, still keep the discount and extra gift card (although would be happy just with the discount) and maybe negotiate on keeping the full dining plan. I know what you mean about kicking yourself over being greedy. I was on the verge of just booking POFQ last night, then on the spur of the minute just said to DH 'Where would you stay if money was no object' and he said to go for the Poly. Should have just stuck to POFQ :rolleyes:

I think I worded it similar to downgrading to a less expensive resort, animal kingdom....

We can only wait and see. Although I am doing the sums to see if it's even possible for the GF ummmmmmm........

That is exactly what I am hoping. My wish iws that I will be 'allowed' to downgrade to POFQ, still keep the discount and extra gift card (although would be happy just with the discount) and maybe negotiate on keeping the full dining plan. I know what you mean about kicking yourself over being greedy. I was on the verge of just booking POFQ last night, then on the spur of the minute just said to DH 'Where would you stay if money was no object' and he said to go for the Poly. Should have just stuck to POFQ :rolleyes:

We'll all know for next time ;) As you said over on the Dibb if 50% of people who wouldn't have booked otherwise book then surely they're gaining. I'm in that bracket as if I can't amend my accommodation we won't be booking at all :(

I'm sure someone over on the Dibb that they were allowed to downgrade their DDP from Deluxe to regular so surely if they're allowing that amendment to take place?

Blah blah blah, thanks for the discount offer, blah blah blah, will have a new baby and looking forward to a trip to Disney world, blah blah blah booked in good faith, blah blah blah can't afford GF but would like it to be transferred to SSR as gesture of good will, blah blah blah we look forward to your response.

Was our email summed up ;)

Blah blah blah, thanks for the discount offer, blah blah blah, will have a new baby and looking forward to a trip to Disney world, blah blah blah booked in good faith, blah blah blah can't afford GF but would like it to be transferred to SSR as gesture of good will, blah blah blah we look forward to your response.

Was our email summed up ;)

I like it!

Can I ask....what's Disney cancellation policy in normal circumstances? As I said before, we weren't 100% going to be able to afford to go next year. If I am allowed to change to a Moderate then I'd like to continue with a booking paying the £50pp deposit. If I do this and then 6 months down the line we realise we really can't afford it, am I right in saying we would just lose the £50pp deposit to cancel?

I like it!

Can I ask....what's Disney cancellation policy in normal circumstances? As I said before, we weren't 100% going to be able to afford to go next year. If I am allowed to change to a Moderate then I'd like to continue with a booking paying the £50pp deposit. If I do this and then 6 months down the line we realise we really can't afford it, am I right in saying we would just lose the £50pp deposit to cancel?

Yes that is the normal policy but ... if you keep your booking within the amendment without penalty window (is it 8 weeks?) you could maybe consider moving it to a date right at the end of the year and then moving the dates into the following year so you never really cancel as such, until you actually are able to go.

Yes that is the normal policy but ... if you keep your booking within the amendment without penalty window (is it 8 weeks?) you could maybe consider moving it to a date right at the end of the year and then moving the dates into the following year so you never really cancel as such, until you actually are able to go.

Thanks 2Tiggies!

I'm willing to lose the deposit, just don't want to not book and then decide later on we can go and have missed out on the deal. Just need to wait on Disney's decision.

Thanks 2Tiggies!

I'm willing to lose the deposit, just don't want to not book and then decide later on we can go and have missed out on the deal. Just need to wait on Disney's decision.

If it were me, I would keep it as long as possible if you are getting the compensation deal and then try amend it at a later date. If you cancel, you have to take whatever you can get like everyone else. I was watching this thread last night but never attempted to book. If I had, I would have booked my beloved POFQ anyway for next year. I kind of wish I had now as it may well have been doable for us with the 20% off accommodation - which is almost a £350 or so on this year's booking .....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter