Price error next August

Seems like everyone's bookings have now been amended when you login to your booking on Disney website :sad2:

Now what to do? I still believe they should and will contact us re: refunds.

Seems like everyone's bookings have now been amended when you login to your booking on Disney website :sad2:

Now what to do? I still believe they should and will contact us re: refunds.

I'd rather wait if I were you. Don't cancel it without either intiating a query or responding to an amendment or you are likely to lose the deposit and have to chase up a refund of that later which is so much more painful to try get sorted when your booking reference no longer 'exists' (i.e. after cancallation). I would imagine the option to cancel after amendment of an error would entitle you to 'special conditions' regarding a refund of your deposit in full, although I have not picked through the latest Ts and Cs myself

Sorry, just back from the gym! i didnt post over at Dibb, so no probs :cool1:

The woman told me that we would be contacted, but that full refunds will be available. Apparently they all got an email today about it and it confirms that any customer who is unhappy will get a refund, so we will be ok.

It was nice to dream for those 15 hours I guess :yay:

K xx

Although public, I personally don't think there would have been many "outside" bookings. Someone on the The Dibb said they counted the thread up to a point and found 45 people had booked.

Still no updates. I really need to receive my cancellation email so I can stop obsessing over this! LOL Thank god I'm off work today :surfweb:

See I was trying last night but didn't post on here or the dibb. I read the dibb but tend to only post in the dining section - prefer atmosphere on here :thumbsup2

Alot of lurkers out there eg my dining review on the dibb has over 20,000 views but less than 100 comments.

I'd rather wait if I were you. Don't cancel it without either intiating a query or responding to an amendment or you are likely to lose the deposit and have to chase up a refund of that later which is so much more painful to try get sorted when your booking reference no longer 'exists' (i.e. after cancallation). I would imagine the option to cancel after amendment of an error would entitle you to 'special conditions' regarding a refund of your deposit in full, although I have not picked through the latest Ts and Cs myself

Yeah I think so, too. Tbh, it's their mistake, I think the way they handle it will be remembered more than the mistake itself. Balls in their court.

Mine has changed :sad1:

So has mine Jen. I believe that we should sit tight until they contact us, then quote their own Ts & Cs to them, i.e. that the cost of the holiday may increase due to increased costs in transportation, exchange rate etc. As none of these apply, I plan to ask them why there has been such an increase in the price that I was quoted and paid in full. I can't imagine that it will work and they will honour the booking but I plan to use that as a starting point to negotiate. For example, since I was originally going to book POFQ, I would be prepared to pay the price for staying there if they allow me to keep the full dining plan at no additional cost. That kind of thing.

Of course, if you have no intention of keeping the booking at any kind of full price, it is probably better to just agree to accept a full refund of any amoun tyou have already paid.

So has mine Jen. I believe that we should sit tight until they contact us, then quote their own Ts & Cs to them, i.e. that the cost of the holiday may increase due to increased costs in transportation, exchange rate etc. As none of these apply, I plan to ask them why there has been such an increase in the price that I was quoted and paid in full. I can't imagine that it will work and they will honour the booking but I plan to use that as a starting point to negotiate. For example, since I was originally going to book POFQ, I would be prepared to pay the price for staying there if they allow me to keep the full dining plan at no additional cost. That kind of thing.

Of course, if you have no intention of keeping the booking at any kind of full price, it is probably better to just agree to accept a full refund of any amoun tyou have already paid.

Good luck, Joh! We are planning (not definite though) on going next year so I would be interested in negotiating some kind of deal but I don't know if I'd have the balls for it over the phone! Absolutely hate speaking to people on phone.

Good luck, Joh! We are planning (not definite though) on going next year so I would be interested in negotiating some kind of deal but I don't know if I'd have the balls for it over the phone! Absolutely hate speaking to people on phone.

When I called I called on the pretence that my booking had changed, after I paid in full, and was very honest with the girl and told her that it was a trip of a lifetime and Id be very upset should it have to be cancelled, however would DIsney consider honouring the reservation if we paid the dining plan.

She noted that in my booking and passed it down to Hammersmith to deal with. I'm sitting tight until I head anything.

If after 5 days I hear nothing, I'll ring again and ask. This time working with the T&Cs chat that Wilma-bride has mentioned (about the cost increaing due to transportation etc). Its worth a shot!

Go on - negotiate over the phone, tis great fun!

I can't even log into the manage my booking page. Just says it was unable to access my reservation

:goodvibes

I can get into mine no bother, although it still states the full correct price.

I imagine mine will too when I get on, but for now I get nothing but 'we cannot retrieve your booking at this time' when I enter my reservation number and lead surname

Well, it's official - just received an Email.

Dear Guest,

Owing to a technical issue with one of our third party systems providers, the cost of your Walt Disney World reservation displayed on our website and in your email confirmation did not accurately reflect the actual cost of your booking.

This technical issue has now been resolved and consequently the price displayed when viewing your booking on our website is now correct. To view your booking, please click on the following link: https://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Manage-My-Booking.asp.

We regret that we are unable to honour the price that was quoted at time of booking. We value all of our Disney Guests, and recognise that this situation may cause you some frustration. We would still like to welcome you to Walt Disney World Resort, therefore, should you wish to go ahead with your booking at the correct price, we at the Walt Disney Travel Company would like to extend to you as a gesture of goodwill a $300 Disney Gift Card and a discount of 20% against the accommodation portion of your booking. Alternatively, should you wish to cancel your booking we will, of course, refund in full any monies that you have paid and waive all cancellation fees .

You will receive an accurate confirmation invoice via email within the next 7 working days which will reflect the actual cost of your holiday including the 20% accommodation discount. Your $300 Disney Gift Card will be included with your travel documentation.

Should you wish to cancel your reservation without penalty, please email wdtc-uk@disney.com and we will process the refund within 48 hours.

Kind Regards

Guest Services
Walt Disney Travel Company UK
Wdtc-uk@disney.com

Dear Guest,
Owing to a technical issue with one of our third party systems providers, the cost of your Walt Disney World reservation displayed on our website and in your email confirmation did not accurately reflect the actual cost of your booking.
This technical issue has now been resolved and consequently the price displayed when viewing your booking *on our website is now correct. To view your booking, please click on the following link: https://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Manage-My-Booking.asp.
We regret that we are unable to honour the price that was quoted at time of booking. We value all of our Disney Guests, and recognise that this situation may cause you some frustration. We would still like to welcome you to Walt Disney World Resort, therefore, should you wish to go ahead with your booking at the correct price, we at the Walt Disney Travel Company would like to extend to you as a gesture of goodwill a $300 Disney Gift Card and a discount of 20% against the accommodation portion of your booking. Alternatively, should you wish to cancel your booking we will, of course, refund in full any monies that you have paid and waive all cancellation fees .
You will receive an accurate confirmation invoice via email within the next 7 working days which will reflect the actual cost of your holiday including the 20% accommodation discount. Your $300 Disney Gift Card will be included with your travel documentation.
Should you wish to cancel your reservation without penalty, please email wdtc-uk@disney.com and we will process the refund within 48 hours.
Kind Regards
Guest Services
Walt Disney Travel Company UK
Wdtc-uk@disney.com

Now I kind of wish I had gone for the Saratoga Springs reservation I actually wanted.

I wonder if the $300 gift card comes on top of the $200 they offer already.

Suppose I'm being unrealistic to think I could change my booking to SSR and still keep the 'compensation'

* * Now I kind of wish I had gone for the Saratoga Springs reservation I actually wanted. I wonder if the $300 gift card comes on top of the $200 they offer already. Suppose I'm being unrealistic to think I could change my booking to SSR and still keep the 'compensation' :goodvibes[/QUOTE said:
Ring them up and ask, say that you only upgraded your accommodation due te fabulous offer they were giving:rolleyes:If you don't ask you don't get.:love:

Ring them up and ask, say that you only upgraded your accommodation due te fabulous offer they were giving:rolleyes:If you don't ask you don't get.:love:

An email has been sent. The deal was obviously not going to be honoured so I think Disney have done the right thing. Just hope we can transfer and keep the same 'goodwill gesture' :)

I would loved to have booked our dates but needed funds to pay for this years holiday! So was unable to commit - even to just a deposit:sad1:

I do hope that those who booked what they were intending to are pleased with the 20% additional discount offered and what is an additional $100 on a gift card - I think that is a very generous compensation from WDW.

It was a bit of fun and for those who booked you have still got a great bargain.

An email has been sent. The deal was obviously not going to be honoured so I think Disney have done the right thing. Just hope we can transfer and keep the same 'goodwill gesture' :)

Good luck with that !! I would be shocked if you got it. But fingers crossed for you!

I recall a post early from someone who still went with AS MU as they did not want to be greedy - bless them - nice to see that they really will have benefited maybe not as much as they originally thought but still a nice chunk of the full cost.

I'm also going to have to be one of the cheeky ones who asks if I can change resorts! If so, it means we can go, if not then we'll be cancelling :(

I think what Disney have offered is pretty Amazing considering they didnt have to give anything! So for the people who was going to go anyways and booked accomadation they new they could afford knowing this mistake wouldnt be actually be honoured they are going to get a pretty great price along with a nice GC I would have loved that and would have booked for AOA or POP if i could have afforded the deposit but i didnt get paid until today :sad1:

I really didnt think Disney was going to give anything at all in terms of compensation for this tech glitch.

Anyways if you do get to change your resort and keep the deal then it was worth the few hours it took to make the booking! Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter