Princess Weekend 2020

I’m the first number in F (which is what I suspected) I was kinda of excited though when looking at the 2019 corrals. I thought I might have been moved to E. Oh well! DH is in D, just like last year.

Did the race course change because of construction? Someone said something about that a couple of pages ago. We are running the 10k and half. The half course looks the same on the map they posted. Am I missing something?

Did the race course change because of construction? Someone said something about that a couple of pages ago. We are running the 10k and half. The half course looks the same on the map they posted. Am I missing something?

The Epcot part is different due to construction - last year's course came in by the entrance gate, past Spaceship Earth, out to the edge of World Showcase Lagoon, and then back past SE again. This year instead it goes around backstage to Imagination, then comes in there, goes out to World Showcase Lagoon and along to Mexico, then backstage again to the finish line.

Which makes me kinda sad because I always love running past SE, but apparently the center section by the fountain is closed.

The Epcot part is different due to construction - last year's course came in by the entrance gate, past Spaceship Earth, out to the edge of World Showcase Lagoon, and then back past SE again. This year instead it goes around backstage to Imagination, then comes in there, goes out to World Showcase Lagoon and along to Mexico, then backstage again to the finish line.

Which makes me kinda sad because I always love running past SE, but apparently the center section by the fountain is closed.

Running around SE is always a highlight. Hopefully it'll be back next year, along with the choir before the finish line.

Are there any plans for a character spotting, text message chain for these races? I know last year when I did Marathon weekend, one of faster runners sent out texts to a group when and where they spotted characters. It was a fabulous help to those in the later corrals to determine "should I stop here?" or "keep going because there is a character up ahead that I REALLY want to see."

I know the race is set to start at 5:30, and guide says to be there by 4:30, but if you are in the last corral will they deny you if you end up coming late? arriving to Epcot at 4:30 but not quite to the staging area? My DH is the worst morning person and I like to plan for him delaying things LOL

I know the race is set to start at 5:30, and guide says to be there by 4:30, but if you are in the last corral will they deny you if you end up coming late? arriving to Epcot at 4:30 but not quite to the staging area? My DH is the worst morning person and I like to plan for him delaying things LOL
Corrals are open until they start moving to the start. So the later corrals will be open pretty much until the race begins.

However definitely try to be on a bus to get you there in time. Even for the half for marathon weekend the traffic built up and it can take a while so definitely plan for possible delays the later you plan on leaving.

I don’t like to stress about those things myself and try to leave as early as possible. Yes you may end up sitting around a while before race start but it is what it is. These aren’t races like many local ones where you can just stroll up to the start leaving your room 30 minutes before.

I know the race is set to start at 5:30, and guide says to be there by 4:30, but if you are in the last corral will they deny you if you end up coming late? arriving to Epcot at 4:30 but not quite to the staging area?

Are you driving or taking Disney transportation?

If you are driving, you just need to be in the parking lot by 4:30 - and I wouldn't take a chance on this because at some point they might cut off access to the parking lot. Pad your time, lie to your husband, whatever you need to do. 😆

But once you are in the parking lot, you don't have to head to the staging area immediately. Last year for the marathon 5K, it was COLD and we spent about 15-20 minutes in the warm car before heading up. Now, for the half, we got moving a lot sooner since there is almost a mile walk-out to the corrals, but it was also significantly warmer that morning as well.

Are you driving or taking Disney transportation?

If you are driving, you just need to be in the parking lot by 4:30 - and I wouldn't take a chance on this because at some point they might cut off access to the parking lot. Pad your time, lie to your husband, whatever you need to do. 😆

But once you are in the parking lot, you don't have to head to the staging area immediately. Last year for the marathon 5K, it was COLD and we spent about 15-20 minutes in the warm car before heading up. Now, for the half, we got moving a lot sooner since there is almost a mile walk-out to the corrals, but it was also significantly warmer that morning as well.
I already planned to lie to him, I do it for most things we need to be at.

Disney bus so once I check in and see the transportation sign I can better estimate.

THANKS!

As the queen of the catastrophic Disney transportation failure, I would say plan to be at the bus stop by 3:30 a.m. After many issues through the years, I don't EVER plan on Disney getting me anywhere on time. Don't cut it close with Disney transport.
thanks!

Is Uber/Lfyt a better option or not with road closures?

I don’t like to stress about those things myself and try to leave as early as possible. Yes you may end up sitting around a while before race start but it is what it is. These aren’t races like many local ones where you can just stroll up to the start leaving your room 30 minutes before.

This is one thing I miss from the Disneyland races. If you're staying at a hotel in walking distance, you can get up later because you don't need to worry about the bus connections. Want to be there at 4:30? Fine, leave the room at 4:15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter