Princess Weekend 2020

I don’t like to stress about those things myself and try to leave as early as possible. Yes you may end up sitting around a while before race start but it is what it is. These aren’t races like many local ones where you can just stroll up to the start leaving your room 30 minutes before.
I feel like there's a lot more leniency with time than people think though. I typically get the 3:30 or 3:45 bus and have always been A or B corral. This gives me more than enough time to bag check, use the portapotties, and warm up. Even with a bus driver that got pretty lost a couple Star Wars weekends ago. If you're in a later corral you don't need to be on the first bus unless it's make or break for your race experience to get a picture with one of the characters before the start. That said I totally get the desire to be there earlier to calm your nerves and avoid transpo snafus. TLDR the 4:00 or 4:15am buses will be just fine depending where you are!

I feel like there's a lot more leniency with time than people think though. I typically get the 3:30 or 3:45 bus and have always been A or B corral. This gives me more than enough time to bag check, use the portapotties, and warm up. Even with a bus driver that got pretty lost a couple Star Wars weekends ago. If you're in a later corral you don't need to be on the first bus unless it's make or break for your race experience to get a picture with one of the characters before the start. That said I totally get the desire to be there earlier to calm your nerves and avoid transpo snafus. TLDR the 4:00 or 4:15am buses will be just fine depending where you are!
That’s true most of the time yes. For this years marathon mostly due to the course and timing it was not the case. That was a nightmare.

Is Uber/Lfyt a better option or not with road closures?

If they close the roads, they close the roads to everyone. Uber/Lyft would have to be able to access the roads and parking lot to drop you off. I'm not familiar enough with the area to know what roads are going to be closed, but I wouldn't recommend taking too many chances.

That’s true most of the time yes. For this years marathon mostly due to the course and timing it was not the case. That was a nightmare.
Oof, I didn't think about marathon weekend. I can only imagine! That makes sense then :)

I've been stalking the weather too. I just remember being so paranoid last year about the temperatures and of course it was pretty much worse case scenario with record high temps that day. I'm in the south, so I'm used to high temps, but I just run so much better in the cooler weather. Hoping for no record high temps this year!

I've been stalking the weather too. I just remember being so paranoid last year about the temperatures and of course it was pretty much worse case scenario with record high temps that day. I'm in the south, so I'm used to high temps, but I just run so much better in the cooler weather. Hoping for no record high temps this year!
Same I do a different race the same weekend and last year doing my first 15k in that heat was brutal

What's it looking like this far out?

Now that I hit the official 2 week until we fly out (EEEKKKKK) I am starting to pull items to pack, stalk weather, and try to gauge my plans for 5k morning. Is there an estimated time that the final corral starts to begin the race? I know it likely varies on number of racers, possibly delays, etc. but is there an average time that all racers can expect to be officially starting? Trying to estimate what time we could be back to Pop to nap/shower and what time I can hope to be getting on skyliner to go back to Epcot for our park day. I know we likely be last corral, and even if we are in last wave to start... if we stop for a character or two, stay ahead of balloon ladies... what is the possible latest we would hit finish and be back on a bus?

Now that I hit the official 2 week until we fly out (EEEKKKKK) I am starting to pull items to pack, stalk weather, and try to gauge my plans for 5k morning. Is there an estimated time that the final corral starts to begin the race? I know it likely varies on number of racers, possibly delays, etc. but is there an average time that all racers can expect to be officially starting? Trying to estimate what time we could be back to Pop to nap/shower and what time I can hope to be getting on skyliner to go back to Epcot for our park day. I know we likely be last corral, and even if we are in last wave to start... if we stop for a character or two, stay ahead of balloon ladies... what is the possible latest we would hit finish and be back on a bus?
I have in my planning notes that for the 5K on marathon weekend 2018 I started around 545AM, finished around 640, and my first pic in AK of the Tree of Life was 9:49AM. I think we stopped for one character pic and a pic at every mile marker and then pics after. There would have been two of us who needed to shower and we probably didn't rush. We were staying at All Star Movies and I believe were in corral C. I know that's not the exact answer to your question, but I hope it helps a bit!

Also we officially fly out in 2 weeks too! I need to put away my laundry so I can make room for my packing!!

I have in my planning notes that for the 5K on marathon weekend 2018 I started around 545AM, finished around 640, and my first pic in AK of the Tree of Life was 9:49AM. I think we stopped for one character pic and a pic at every mile marker and then pics after. There would have been two of us who needed to shower and we probably didn't rush. We were staying at All Star Movies and I believe were in corral C. I know that's not the exact answer to your question, but I hope it helps a bit!

Also we officially fly out in 2 weeks too! I need to put away my laundry so I can make room for my packing!!
that does help. I figured getting to Epcot by 11am was reasonable and anything earlier would be a happy surprise. I want to be sure we can last until fireworks (only day in Epcot this trip) so want to leave nap time but not waste park time either.
Also hoping Skyliner will make transportation easier in that it should be constantly moving, whereas 9 times out of 10 we end up just missing a bus and get delayed 20 or so mins.

that does help. I figured getting to Epcot by 11am was reasonable and anything earlier would be a happy surprise. I want to be sure we can last until fireworks (only day in Epcot this trip) so want to leave nap time but not waste park time either.
Also hoping Skyliner will make transportation easier in that it should be constantly moving, whereas 9 times out of 10 we end up just missing a bus and get delayed 20 or so mins.
I was in Epcot by 11:25 on 10k day and HS by 12:10 on half marathon day according to the time stamps on my pictures so I would say if you're planning to be there by 11, you should be happily surprised. I hate missing the bus.. it's the worst!

As long as it is moving and there aren't any delays, the Skyliner is AMAZING for getting to Epcot and Hollywood Studios from Pop. And this is coming from a girl who swore she was never going to ride it/hated the whole concept of them building it. My last trip I was at All Stars and I can't count how many times we commented how much we wish we could just get on the Skyliner.

As long as it is moving and there aren't any delays, the Skyliner is AMAZING for getting to Epcot and Hollywood Studios from Pop. And this is coming from a girl who swore she was never going to ride it/hated the whole concept of them building it. My last trip I was at All Stars and I can't count how many times we commented how much we wish we could just get on the Skyliner.
I cannot wait to try it. My last trip in Sept it wasn't up and running yet. Thought of being able to leave Epcot from WS instead of that long trek to the Pop bus at close is going to be awesome! Last trip we actually walked to boardwalk got ice cream and ordered an uber from BC because it was the last night and we were just done in.

I cannot wait to try it. My last trip in Sept it wasn't up and running yet. Thought of being able to leave Epcot from WS instead of that long trek to the Pop bus at close is going to be awesome! Last trip we actually walked to boardwalk got ice cream and ordered an uber from BC because it was the last night and we were just done in.

We spend more of our Epcot time in WS anyways so it's perfect for us. And now that the front of Epcot is turning into nothing but construction walls everywhere, it's a perfect way to avoid all of it.

Add me to the list of people who love the Skyliner. It is a game-changer, with the important caveat that when it goes down, it totally messes up your timing and plans!

Disney REALLY needs to create a reliable status system in the MDE app so you can see when it's down or up. Last time I was at Epcot I walked over to that side of the park, and the cable cars were moving so i assumed it was working. So I exited and walked all the way to the Skyliner entrance only to be told nope, it's down right now. Then I had to reverse myself and hoof it all the way to the front of the park for a bus. It was not fun.

For those looking at weather it keeps fluctuating between lows in 50s highs in 70s and lows in the 60s highs in the 80s in Tampa for Sat/Sun race weekend

For those looking at weather it keeps fluctuating between lows in 50s highs in 70s and lows in the 60s highs in the 80s in Tampa for Sat/Sun race weekend

There is zero point in looking at weather at this point. You almost can't really go by the weather report the day before. It's Florida. It changes. A lot.

My birthday was wrong on my waiver...WAY off. It's usually off by a day or so, or maybe even 1 year, but this was so far off I wasn't sure if they'd think it was my waiver. I emailed runDisney on Friday when the waivers were up, and they already emailed me back this morning. I asked a couple of follow up questions and they responded right away to each of those. I know some people haven't been that lucky, but I have no complaints!

The Epcot part is different due to construction - last year's course came in by the entrance gate, past Spaceship Earth, out to the edge of World Showcase Lagoon, and then back past SE again. This year instead it goes around backstage to Imagination, then comes in there, goes out to World Showcase Lagoon and along to Mexico, then backstage again to the finish line.

Which makes me kinda sad because I always love running past SE, but apparently the center section by the fountain is closed.

Thanks for breaking that down! Course maps and I don’t get along. Except for one princess half map that someone found a few years ago from the American track and field organization in a section of courses that were certified by them. But I’ve never been able to find another map on that site.

Running around SE is always a highlight. Hopefully it'll be back next year, along with the choir before the finish line.

I’m kinda hoping the choir is still before the finish line anyway.

I know the race is set to start at 5:30, and guide says to be there by 4:30, but if you are in the last corral will they deny you if you end up coming late? arriving to Epcot at 4:30 but not quite to the staging area? My DH is the worst morning person and I like to plan for him delaying things LOL

for the half there’s quite a walk, so you still want to get there early.

What's it looking like this far out?
I’ve just been looking at Accuweather. You can see a month out at a time (on a desktop). Obviously it can change a lot, but just like the above poster mentioned, lows in the 50’s, high of 81 for both Saturday and Sunday. It wasn’t showing any chance of rain either. Considering when we got on the bus to head to the half last year around 3-4 in the morning and it was right at 70 degrees already, I’m praying that the 50 degrees stays accurate.

There is zero point in looking at weather at this point. You almost can't really go by the weather report the day before. It's Florida. It changes. A lot

I’m from Florida so well aware

My birthday was wrong on my waiver...WAY off. It's usually off by a day or so, or maybe even 1 year, but this was so far off I wasn't sure if they'd think it was my waiver. I emailed runDisney on Friday when the waivers were up, and they already emailed me back this morning. I asked a couple of follow up questions and they responded right away to each of those. I know some people haven't been that lucky, but I have no complaints!
Glad you got that taken care of my birthday was way off and I was freaking out and got the run around and finally was told to wait at runners relations at the expo where they just changed it in there computer so the back of my bib still had the wrong date but results were accurate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter