Princess Weekend 2021

Well bummer! This was my first RunDisney event and I was really looking forward to it. So I am a little confused about the Merch. I wanted the spirit jersey. Will they still give us the merch or are they just refunding us or giving us a gift certificate?

Merc has been refunded on cancellations like this. Likely hasn't been made yet.

I like how there is now tier pricing for the Princess Virtual races. I probably won’t do them but if I did, I’d just want to pay for the medal and not the shirt.

Hmmm. Is it going to be like other virtual events where you complete it at your own pace or are they still going to say that to get the medal, you need to complete it in the time before balloon ladies get you?

I have been wanting to do this event since 2013 and just devistating things keep happening so I couldn't. With it being virtual, I might finally be able to :)

Hmmm. Is it going to be like other virtual events where you complete it at your own pace or are they still going to say that to get the medal, you need to complete it in the time before balloon ladies get you?

I have been wanting to do this event since 2013 and just devistating things keep happening so I couldn't. With it being virtual, I might finally be able to :)
Nope you just do it however and whenever you want and get the medal. No submitting times.

Yes. To do the virtual you have to start the rundisney app. As part of the app, there are virtual balloon ladies that chase you through the course. Only if you can avoid them and complete the race in time do you get your medal. Ever used the "zombies run app" (great app BTW)? It is like that but replace zombines with balloon ladies. Periodically through your race you'll get told "Balloon ladies approaching.. speed up"... Speed up or lose your medal... mahahahahahahah

(obviously kidding other then zombies run being a great app).

Yes. To do the virtual you have to start the rundisney app. As part of the app, there are virtual balloon ladies that chase you through the course. Only if you can avoid them and complete the race in time do you get your medal. Ever used the "zombies run app" (great app BTW)? It is like that but replace zombines with balloon ladies. Periodically through your race you'll get told "Balloon ladies approaching.. speed up"... Speed up or lose your medal... mahahahahahahah

(obviously kidding other then zombies run being a great app).
Haha I couldn't tell if you were kidding or not at first because I could totally see Disney doing that lol.

Oh wow, thank you!

Hmmm. Think merch will still be available, like a princess marathon Dooney?
I wish they would merch pass race stuff but considering they are refunding preorders at least with wine & dine I doubt there will be anything but the race shirts (I’m DIYing a magnet for wine and dine for my sister)

OK. Can someone refresh my memory on how disney issued the refunds for Wine and Dine? My SIL and I are trying to figure out what our plan is (take the refund, still do the trip; switch/upgrade to virtual challenge, still do the trip; cancel everything) and if I'm going to get "stuck" with $200+ worth of gift cards that will influence my decision.

Pre-ordered merch was refunded/cancelled (original form of payment?)
Race registration was refunded via Disney e-GC?

OK. Can someone refresh my memory on how disney issued the refunds for Wine and Dine? My SIL and I are trying to figure out what our plan is (take the refund, still do the trip; switch/upgrade to virtual challenge, still do the trip; cancel everything) and if I'm going to get "stuck" with $200+ worth of gift cards that will influence my decision.

Pre-ordered merch was refunded/cancelled (original form of payment?)
Race registration was refunded via Disney e-GC?
I believe race registration was refunded to method of payment but if you did the virtual you got a gift card for the “difference” between the virtual price & live price

I am not surprised but so very disappointed. I just want to run in Disney World again. :sad:

But the good news: the race being virtual keeps me from having major FOMO due to that Tiana medal! My sister and I contemplated signing up for the challenge but did the half. The race weekend being in-person would have made me majorly jealous seeing people with that Tiana medal!

The extra bad news: Tiana finally gets a medal and it’s for a virtual race. :(

Ooh boy. I'm signed up for the Princess Half (just the half). I just got the email to choose whether to go virtual. I clicked "make selection here" and of course it is as clear as mud. LOL

There are 4 options on the selection page: "Refund," "Magic Option," "More Magic Option," and then a third "More Magic Fairy Tale Challenge Bundle Option" which is not the wording used on ANY of the emails, and also ... I'm not actually signed up for the Fairy Tale Challenge so what happens if I choose this option?

SO confusing!

(I'm not going to click on it and find out, but my guess is you aren't supposed to select that option if you're not eligible, however there is nothing that makes it clear on the page that you can't select it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter