• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priority Seating for Cowfish and Toothsome Chocolate

We've had great meals at Toothsome 4 times now. I guess we'll keep pushing our luck!

We went back again. At 5:30pm we had no wait.

I much preferred where we sat the first time, which was upstairs sort of near the bar, tucked away next to a witch or wizard's office. This time, we were upstairs right next to the railing to downstairs- noisier and hard to hear the music.

The nachos were good but lukewarm. The croque monsieur was tasty, the superfoods salad could have been colder and better presented, taste was ok. The waffle with cream and berries was delicious, and the teriyaki burger was good.

Generally uneven food overall. Will go back again if we go back to UO and request a table where we sat the first time; I still love the experience.

We also went once to cowfish. I had to eat outside because of some strange offensive smell inside. The food was just ok. Sushi so-so, burgers very good. Don't feel a need to return.

Finally, we went to Pat O'Brien's, too. The inside smelled strongly of alcohol, but the courtyard in the back was really lovely and all the food was very good. Yummy shrimp and grits, not bad muffuletta, and good steak; great fries. I really liked it here and we will go back and sit in the courtyard if we return to UO.

We stayed at RPR and used “priority seating” at Toothsome but it only knocked about 5 minutes off the wait. The hostess told us 25 mins at first and said with priority it would be 20 but she also said they had a short staffed kitchen that day so they were trying not to seat people only to make them wait for food. It seemed like a 20 min wait (I didn’t time it).

We liked Toothsome. DH and I liked the chocolate bread but only 1 of 3 children did.

I really wanted to try Toothsome but all the bad reviews have me underwhelmed. Was looking at it for a fun Thanksgiving alternative next yet but I think we might just do Mythos in the park as I've never eaten there.

We ate at Toothsome twice on our recent 10 Day Universal stay.

We enjoyed it both times. Food was good, desert was good and service was excellent.

We had a good experience at Toothsome. We got there around 5:00 and had about a 15 minute wait. My husband and daughter both really enjoyed the food they ordered. I liked mine, but it was something I wouldn’t order again. The milkshakes were really good, but I made the mistake of eating the large brownie that was on my shake first. I wasn’t able to finish the shake.

This is the problem, every time we see a good review and think we’ll try it again, I see at least another 4 that didn’t like it........

Sounds like you definitely didn’t have a good experience! Things shouldn’t just be “fine”

Such a shame as it should be spectacular with the setting it’s in, which is lovely but food seems to disappoint so many......we hated the chocolate bread.......far too sweet and sickly for us, but I’m not a chocolate fan so may be a little biased......my husband had one full slice and was done........

I don’t think we will go back actually.

We went in December and had only a ten minute wait. Every person liked or loved their entree.
I had the quiche with French onion soup and it was excellent, the side salad was meh.
Others had the fettuccine and raved about it, the burger was a hit and so was the kids meals. My milkshake (the Rice Krispie one) was underwhelming.

I say give it another try!!

Anyone have a post-COVID update? These are the exact restaurants we would like to eat at next weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter