private jet adventure??

All the ABD pins I have include text of the "theme of the day." Interestingly, the pins on the Private Jet trip don't have text. They seem nicer than the typical ABD pin set and have a cleaner look without the text.

Just a few thoughts as we leave India for Egypt.

1. This trip isn't for everyone. It is very fast paced and you don't do a deep dive anywhere. However, you do get a lot of access and special experiences that make the trip truly special. It is very much more than the some of the parts and there is a lot that isn't included on the official itinerary.

2. The cast are amazing. Not only the ones on the trip, including the Dr, but also that advance team that are there coordinating before our arrival and settling things after we leave. We are given postcards in each destination and they mail them for us after we depart.

3. It is very much a melding of Nat Geo and ABD with the Nat Geo team handling things like luggage and logistics and the ABD handling the Disney elements. Each group doesn't have much experience with the other. But you can already see the lines starting to blur a bit.

4. I was on the fence about actually going but I am so glad I did. Having such a great time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

All the ABD pins I have include text of the "theme of the day." Interestingly, the pins on the Private Jet trip don't have text. They seem nicer than the typical ABD pin set and have a cleaner look without the text.
I haven't seen any mention anywhere that they even *have* a "theme of the day", so that could be why the pins don't feature one.

1. This trip isn't for everyone. It is very fast paced and you don't do a deep dive anywhere. However, you do get a lot of access and special experiences that make the trip truly special. It is very much more than the some of the parts and there is a lot that isn't included on the official itinerary.

2. The cast are amazing. Not only the ones on the trip, including the Dr, but also that advance team that are there coordinating before our arrival and settling things after we leave. We are given postcards in each destination and they mail them for us after we depart.

3. It is very much a melding of Nat Geo and ABD with the Nat Geo team handling things like luggage and logistics and the ABD handling the Disney elements. Each group doesn't have much experience with the other. But you can already see the lines starting to blur a bit.

4. I was on the fence about actually going but I am so glad I did. Having such a great time.

I'm so glad you're having a good time! I'd love to hear about what your experience of the Taj Mahal was like!

Sayhello

I haven't seen any mention anywhere that they even *have* a "theme of the day", so that could be why the pins don't feature one.

I'm so glad you're having a good time! I'd love to hear about what your experience of the Taj Mahal was like!

Sayhello
The Taj was beautiful. You could see it from our room but we took a 5 minute pargo ride to the entrance at sunrise to beat the heat and the crowds. Our guide was an expert and also took some very nice pictures for us. Pictures don't do it justice. It is quite the work of out.

After breakfast we took the Agra Fort option which I would also recommend. It is a great way to flesh out the history of the Taj.

Hi - thanks so much for posting about your trip and offering to help with questions. I’m sure many of us have been curious about this one, so it is fun to follow along. I have a few when you have time in your busy days, and The Laughing Place (LP) guys have been posting to their blog almost daily, so a couple of my questions are from things I’ve read there.

LP mentioned Disney getting the China visas - did Disney get all of the necessary visas for everyone?

The AbD tour info mentions laundry is included, how has that worked and what’s the timing?

What did you think of the visit to Skywalker Ranch? It has been dropped from next year’s trips, and from their post it doesn’t seem like it was that interesting, but could be more of a rest day which the LP guys used it for.

Suitcase space - between clothes, AbD gifts, and what folks are purchasing, how is that working for you? I am envisioning suitcases may already be full and it’s only about half way. (I know how much fuller my suitcase was after Tokyo Disney and Japan!). The LP guys said Skywalker Ranch offered to ship, are folks wishing they’d shipped more before they left California? Ie with their Disneyland, WD Studios, Lucas, and Disney Family Museum purchases.

In your stops with the Disney parks, what’s the approx split between folks selecting extra park time vs those taking one of the city tour options in Tokyo, Shanghai, and Hong Kong? And what were your choices, if you don’t mind sharing?

Are there assigned seats on the plane, or are folks mixing it up during the different flight segments?

LP mentioned China airport security being rather diligent when leaving; some folks had power banks in their carryon confiscated and some of the checked luggage searched (one of the Disney guides was present for the checked luggage process). Any insights on what triggered the checked luggage searches, were any other items reported as confiscated, and was it all power banks or only certain types? And how did this compare with their airport security during your,China AbD?

The LP guides have mentioned room upgrades a couple of times. Was that an option offered by AbD? Or did it just magically happen on arrival? Any added costs if offered by AbD?

Thanks so much, enjoy the rest of the trip!

I know mathmagicland also asked this, but have you been electing to have more park time or do some of the other offered tours?

The talks and tours by people who have worked in different areas developing the theme parks seem really interesting, I feel like I'm such a "behind-the-scenes" enthusiast that I'd really like that aspect of it. I also have really enjoyed seeing the special gifts that guests have been receiving at the different stops that are representative of the local culture that have been included in the Laughing Place posts. That's a really cool touch that makes things seem a lot more personal.

Hi - thanks so much for posting about your trip and offering to help with questions. I’m sure many of us have been curious about this one, so it is fun to follow along. I have a few when you have time in your busy days, and The Laughing Place (LP) guys have been posting to their blog almost daily, so a couple of my questions are from things I’ve read there.

LP mentioned Disney getting the China visas - did Disney get all of the necessary visas for everyone?

The AbD tour info mentions laundry is included, how has that worked and what’s the timing?

What did you think of the visit to Skywalker Ranch? It has been dropped from next year’s trips, and from their post it doesn’t seem like it was that interesting, but could be more of a rest day which the LP guys used it for.

Suitcase space - between clothes, AbD gifts, and what folks are purchasing, how is that working for you? I am envisioning suitcases may already be full and it’s only about half way. (I know how much fuller my suitcase was after Tokyo Disney and Japan!). The LP guys said Skywalker Ranch offered to ship, are folks wishing they’d shipped more before they left California? Ie with their Disneyland, WD Studios, Lucas, and Disney Family Museum purchases.

In your stops with the Disney parks, what’s the approx split between folks selecting extra park time vs those taking one of the city tour options in Tokyo, Shanghai, and Hong Kong? And what were your choices, if you don’t mind sharing?

Are there assigned seats on the plane, or are folks mixing it up during the different flight segments?

LP mentioned China airport security being rather diligent when leaving; some folks had power banks in their carryon confiscated and some of the checked luggage searched (one of the Disney guides was present for the checked luggage process). Any insights on what triggered the checked luggage searches, were any other items reported as confiscated, and was it all power banks or only certain types? And how did this compare with their airport security during your,China AbD?

The LP guides have mentioned room upgrades a couple of times. Was that an option offered by AbD? Or did it just magically happen on arrival? Any added costs if offered by AbD?

Great questions!

I am wondering how many kids are on this adventure?

Regarding Visas we had to get India in advance. China and Egypt were done for us without any paperwork.
Basically it is the same as if you had laundry done in the hotel. You fill up the laundry bag and form and call bell services and they return it later in the day. Only difference is that there is no charge.
It was amazing and many peoples highlight. They mentioned they want to maintain the relationship but that this was a bit of a test as they never had a group visit before. Perhaps it will return once they had a chance to review everything. ABD even decided to cover spa treatments as a surprise. I wouldn't expect that if it returns, but it was a nice touch
You could ship stuff from any stop except Shanghai. You would just call the bellmen and he would bring a box with a form. You do have to pay the shipping cost however.
It is hard to tell as I didn't really ask. We did extra park time in ever place except Paris due to having been to the other destinations frequently. We decided to do other stuff in Paris since we were just at Disneyland Paris in April
There are assigned seats but they switch midway through the trip. The cabin crew also moved stuff for us from the overhead during the swap. We are allowed to keep whatever we want up there so it is a way to free up space if you won't need something in a particular destination (ie jacket)
It was the same during my China ABD. I couldn't figure out any rhyme or reason. It's just China.
When booking they gave a suite upgrade form with associated costs. You could request upgrades and get them filled subject to availability. All of ours were fulfilled.

It is very hot and humid in most of these destinations in the summer. Just thinking a different time of year would be more comfortable, especially if the trip has mostly adults who don’t have to travel during summer break.
I would imagine they'd stick to summer or late spring/early fall only because of the risk of extreme weather impacting flights during some of the other seasons.

The youngest "kid" is 14. There may be 2 or 3 people who are under 18
@figgy999 would love to hear your overall thoughts on the private jet adventure. I followed the trip report on Laughing Place which was fun to read but did not contain any opinions of the trip (pros, cons, good, bad, etc.)

I would like to hear what if anything you would change, how exhausting it may or may not have been, and your overall impressions.

Thanks for any feedback you can give.

@figgy999 would love to hear your overall thoughts on the private jet adventure. I followed the trip report on Laughing Place which was fun to read but did not contain any opinions of the trip (pros, cons, good, bad, etc.)

I would like to hear what if anything you would change, how exhausting it may or may not have been, and your overall impressions.

Thanks for any feedback you can give.
Overall I had a wonderful time. I am very glad I did it. It also made me want to do the standard Nat Geo Around the World trip which according to the staff is much less exhausting.

As one guest put it.... "it's not a vacation, it's an adventure" and it was quite exhausting. Despite not wanting to miss out, I would encourage pacing yourself and not doing everything if your body says you need a break.

It is hard for me to second guess the itinerary, because it is clear that there are logistical issues that come into play on a trip like this. My only major feedback were communication issues both before the trip and during. But the staff was so personable, you were forgiving when there were challenges.

It is clear, that this is a Nat Geo trip with a Disney overlay. In fact, the Nat Geo team has taken many of the leadership positions at ABD.

I am honestly still processing the experience, but while far from perfect. I had an amazing time and it exceeded my expectations.

Overall I had a wonderful time. I am very glad I did it. It also made me want to do the standard Nat Geo Around the World trip which according to the staff is much less exhausting.

As one guest put it.... "it's not a vacation, it's an adventure" and it was quite exhausting. Despite not wanting to miss out, I would encourage pacing yourself and not doing everything if your body says you need a break.

It is hard for me to second guess the itinerary, because it is clear that there are logistical issues that come into play on a trip like this. My only major feedback were communication issues both before the trip and during. But the staff was so personable, you were forgiving when there were challenges.

It is clear, that this is a Nat Geo trip with a Disney overlay. In fact, the Nat Geo team has taken many of the leadership positions at ABD.

I am honestly still processing the experience, but while far from perfect. I had an amazing time and it exceeded my expectations.
How was the food? It seems like it was included for almost every meal on the trip, including some on the plane.

I'm kind of surprised that there were any kids on this trip. (The life those kids must have.... )

I'm kind of surprised that there were any kids on this trip. (The life those kids must have.... )
Right? One trip is almost most of college tuition for 4 years here in Texas. It's one thing to think about doing it for myself, but then to do it in multiples? Wow.

I looked at the Nat Geo private jet trips. I was surprised to see so many of them, covering different regions of the world. That might actually be preferable to me, than doing the whole freaking globe. (Like I'm actually considering any of it! :) )

Your idea for a private jet adventure exploring all Disney sites sounds like an incredible experience! While Disney organizing such an adventure in less than 24 days might be ambitious, there's no harm in dreaming big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter