Problem with Tigger

It looks like Tigger indeed lost his balance a bit and was just trying to regain his footing. He didn't "punch" the kid at all. I think the kid may have thrown him off balance a bit and it looked like the kid just got in his way as he was trying to get is balance back.

I think it's defintely one of those cases where this family is sue happy and is looking to make some money out of the deal or is looking for free trip to WDW. I mean no offense, but they seem like white trash.

If there is a petiton of support somewhere for Tigger, please post it - he's got my vote!

I wanna know why the kid is wearing gloves... the eighties called and they want their look back.

ROFL!!:lmao:
[/QUOTE]I am sure there are other people who saw this in addition to the handler. The whole story will come out probably very soon.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I find it hard to believe there were no other guests waiting in line to see Tigger?? Geez, when we go, the characters are mobbed!!

I saw the interview on the Morning Show. In my personal opinion, it looked like Tigger was playing with the kid. The punch didnt seem that powerful to me. They showed the punch over and over, and it really looked playful to me. It happened days ago and the family already has a lawyer, they clearly want money. Its sad, this could possibily ruin the characters interacting at all with the guests.

I saw it over and over and OVER again. I agree it looks like a playful incounter to me. If you look at the kids face he was smiling the WHOLE time. After the "smack" you can see Tigger rubbing the boys head like a playful thing. The Dad "convieniently" moved the camera down before the encounter and directly after so you can't see the looks and after gestures. I am discusted with these people. just like that lady accusing Tigger of "molestation" Come on Give me a break. go find money somewhere else. It infuriates me to no end that people feel the need to get something for nothing :furious: and by using Children's idolistic characters for goodness sake! :headache:

OK, I just watched the video a few times, It appears to me that the kid is tugging on something behind Tigger's back. (Wonder what he was doing?-uuuggghhh ZIPPER maybe??)
I don't think there is any wrong doing here. This family is out to make a buck!
I can imagine the CM went to stop him and lost his balance. I would think that it's hard to get used to costume hands that big. He just taped him in the face by accident. I would be interested to know WHEN this family became outraged. Right when it happened or a few hours later when they thought about what they could gain from it.

My DH and I think Dad told him to do something. If you watch the boy's face it's got that "watch this Dad" look on it and Dad hold's the camera steady. If it were MY kid and I saw what I thought might be something I would have dropped the camera at the arm lock.

This story makes me so angry - these people are obviously out to make some money.

The dad said he took the kid to the hospital the next morning because of neck pain. You have got to be kidding me - as many people have stated if it was a "punch" this kid would have fallen down and lost his glasses. It was a tap at best. Hospital?? Give me a break!

I think the kid started it, and Tigger was trying not to fall over (those low fences are probably just the right height to trip over in a top-heavy costume). If you get autographs you know they cannot see anything not directly in front of their eyes, as they often rest on a kids head so they can see.
Personally I thinkcharacter CMs have a horrible job dealing with endless overtired and overheated kids while mum and dad want one more photo, now one on their own, now with eldest sister etc etc etc.

Perhaps Disney should vet its customers in future!;)

They are pretty average for the area, but their attitudes are scummy...the dad owns a construction business I think? The kids are always causing trouble in class and with other kids. I am ashamed that they are from NH! I hope they think twice when trying to scam Disney after all the mail and calls they will get...people in town think it's insane!

I am with you on this one, I am ashamed that they are from NH too! Makes us sound and look really bad.

I love the idea of wearing SAVE TIGGER shirts at WDW! How great is that!

I just returned from WDW last night and heard NOTHING about this incident the whole time we were there. When I returned to school this morning, my students were asking me if I got hit by Tigger... huh? :confused3

So of course I jumped on DIS as soon as lunch rolled around because I knew I'd find out about it on here. How sad... and disturbing ... it speaks volumes of our society...

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HEAR OF A PETITION OR WEB SITE. I want to support TIGGER!

For those of you heading to the World soon. Don't forget to send a tigger postcard to the kid at his home address.:tigger:

Oh by the way I do think tigger should apologize

"So sorry my need for oxygen caused you such inconvience. So sorry you have irresponsible parents that are trying to make a fast buck."

Denise in MI

Well I just sat down and wrote a letter to this father directly. I will mail it to the address on the incident report.

I didnt attack him but suggested that maybe his son accidentaly did something that caused Tigger to accidenatlly hit him. I also suggested that no matter what it was an accident and that he already got the apology he wanted from Tigger when Tigger shook his sons hand afterwards. Since Tigger is not allowed to talk...this was his way of saying sorry.
I told him he should be ashamed of himself, Tigger did not mean his son any harm but he is maliciously trying to disgrace Disney and the man in the costume. Perhaps putting is job in jeopardy.
I also said I hoped he enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame and that I also hope Disney bars him and his family from their property EVER again. And that people like him ruin it for the rest of us.

I invite all of you to write him as well!!

SAVE TIGGER! :tigger:

I personally RESENT what this family has done! :mad: It's soooooo obvious what is going on here...WHAT is this teaching the rest of the kids? :sad2: This family and the MEDIA are both trying to take away the MAGIC from the children who still believe in these characters....Heck...I even believe in the characters! What about the kids who are watching TV...seeing this "untruth" splattered all over...???? Why can't the MEDIA show and tell about the TRUE side of all of this? Isn't that nice????...Kids watching this can hear the media say over and over..."TIGGER HITTING a BOY".... What about the young man who wore the Tigger costume? He got suspended...pending the outcome of the "facts"....Guilty until proven innocent? Can you imagine the effect this is going to have on the rest of the CM's???? WHO will even WANT to wear a TIGGER costume? Shoot...After a while...if you want to have your picture taken with a character..you'll have to sign a RELEASE and CONSENT form... While I am quite aware that "bad things" do happen anywhere...including Disney...this is certainly not one of them...How utterly awful....:furious:

This story makes me so angry - these people are obviously out to make some money.

The dad said he took the kid to the hospital the next morning because of neck pain. You have got to be kidding me - as many people have stated if it was a "punch" this kid would have fallen down and lost his glasses. It was a tap at best. Hospital?? Give me a break!

A trip to the hospital? What, after a day of riding thrill rides at the park or a night on a potentially unconfortable bed? Hmm, I'd take that with a grain of salt!

I finally saw the video clip and a news report to go along with it. SHAME ON THE MEDIA for pumping this up to be something worse than it is. The newscaster said, "We'll let you judge for yourself"... then proceeded to narrate the clip with phrases like "Watch has Tigger slugs the teen with a powerful left hook".... thanks for letting me judge for myself. I just can't believe that ANYONE can't see the accidental hit for what it is.. an accident.

HOW FRUSTRATING!:headache:

I was TOTALLY at MGM that day, too. Wish I could've seen it happen so I could tell the kid to get the heck over it and stop bein' a wuss!!:sad2:

When I was working as a character greeter at the Castle back in 2002 (I think it was) I had a young man who tried to push Goofy over the railing. I actually asked the guy what he was doing, he admitted he was trying to do that and walked away.

That kid was doing something to Tigger. Period. Tigger was acting in his defense as he should have. This family wants money and a free trip. I think it's disgusting. Just disgusting. :mad:

All that I keep thinking about is what a waste of 15 min. of fame that is... Wouldn't you want to be remembered for something more..................well.......just more?

"Hey you're the Wuss that got clocked by Tigger!!! HA!!!"

O.k I got the addresses and they will be getting at least 2 tigger post cards from us while we are there in 2 weeks.

You know, as quick as the reaction is from Tigger, I'm almost wondering if maybe the kid was poking him with a straight pin or something. That is something that could easily be dropped and never seen. I'm another that agrees the whole incident looks premeditated and hope the family involved get so much harassment that they realize it's not worth it. The kid never stops grinning...if one of my kids had been punched in the face serious enough to require a trip to the hospital, they'd be crying their eyes out (and probably have a bruise of some kind).

But, the reality of the situation is that WDW will give the family some kind of settlement to make this go away...no matter how unfair. It's seems to me like they've already ramped up the number of YOAMD commericals over the last couple of days. The whole mess is such a shame!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter