Problem with Tigger

I truly hope the CM gets to continue working for Disney. It's time Disney stood behind their people. When it's clear to the majority of us what really happened, why hasn't this thing finished already.
The kid is a wuss and Dad has fed him everything to say.
I love the way he looks all dressed 80's-ish with the big belt,cut off tee, messed up hair, and love the gloves, then in the news piece, hair is combed and he's all clean cut and shirt is normal.
I saw on another thread, someone called them Moronaco instead of their last name of Monnaco.
Beyond morons in my opinion. How sad that people are that unhappy that they have to ruin someone's job.
I hope that the public can get this Tigger back out there in the parks doing what he likes, entertaining those of us who appreciate what those characters have to put up with.

In some of the posts it seems that these people had there name and address posted somewhere. I think that I also read that the incident report/police report was posted somewhere. Am I correct in this thinking? :confused3

In some of the posts it seems that these people had there name and address posted somewhere. I think that I also read that the incident report/police report was posted somewhere. Am I correct in this thinking? :confused3

It was page 4 of this thread. The incident report shows the business and home address as well as phone numbers etc.

The report can be viewed here
http://www.local6.com/download/2007/0108/10698289.pdf
Notice under injury it says NONE

I can only feel a little smile come across my face when I think of how many times this brat of a kid and probably his money grubbing father is going to be smacked up side the head for being so much of a jerk. I think the CM should bring charges against the kid for accosting him as it shows the brat doing something behind Tigger's back. He can claim he was hurt then, just like that wuss of a boy is doing. Like father...like son.

(copied from another post)

To put things in perspective: Waiter in a restaurant stumbles and, trying to regain balance, spills something on a patron. What next?

(Not going to hijack this thread and turn it into a poll question, yet.)

The first order of business is that the company has to apologize for the employee's actions (but not admitting fault prematurely) and make good if applicable. Any alleged wrongdoing on the part of the customer has to be molded around this.

Not ruled out is disciplinary action on the employee and also no monetary compensation to the customer.

(copied from another post)

To put things in perspective: Waiter in a restaurant stumbles and, trying to regain balance, spills something on a patron. What next?

(Not going to hijack this thread and turn it into a poll question, yet.)

The first order of business is that the company has to apologize for the employee's actions (but not admitting fault prematurely) and make good if applicable. Any alleged wrongdoing on the part of the customer has to be molded around this.

Not ruled out is disciplinary action on the employee and also no monetary compensation to the customer.

I agree.

We also have to take into consideration if the patron pinched the waiter's hiney causing said accident and if the patron is the Wicked Witch of the West and dissolved to nothing once the water hit him/her. ;)

:flower3:

I am sorry, but I have to ask. NHtikibeckie you said you live in the same town. Please tell me they are feeling some sort of backlash from this wether it be around town, or in the schools? I am sure this probably is a bad form question, but with what they are trying to pull I just had to ask if they are getting any type of bascklash to let them know how wrong this is? The poor guy is having to fight mean-ugly acting father and son over this, and it's clear the son was doing something, and the dad based on audio during the video was aware calling his kid and other remarks. The comments made on the youtube site with the video are well lets just say ummm there are some words I wouldnt even use made towards this family. Again sorry if this question was in bad form.

I am sorry, but I have to ask. NHtikibeckie you said you live in the same town. Please tell me they are feeling some sort of backlash from this wether it be around town, or in the schools? I am sure this probably is a bad form question, but with what they are trying to pull I just had to ask if they are getting any type of bascklash to let them know how wrong this is? The poor guy is having to fight mean-ugly acting father and son over this, and it's clear the son was doing something, and the dad based on audio during the video was aware calling his kid and other remarks. The comments made on the youtube site with the video are well lets just say ummm there are some words I wouldnt even use made towards this family. Again sorry if this question was in bad form.

Do you have the link to the you tube video?? I like to see it!!

Im really glad you asked this question...we got to see the footage on Uk tv and it was obvious this teenage boy was up to no good....The dad seems to be a little 'to irate' for what we have seen on the footage.
The costumes are restrictive and the poor guy inside had to turn around to fend the boy off, I DO HOPE this guy gets a fair hearing.
What town/state are the family from?
Elaine

I am with you on this one, I am ashamed that they are from NH too! Makes us sound and look really bad.

Im from England (UK) and in no way does this look bad on NH (which I assume is New Hampshire) you get selfish, ignorant people from all walks of life.
It angers me even thinking about this incident and how far it actually got....and I too want a SAVE TIGGER tee shirt:)
Elaine

Im from England (UK) and in no way does this look bad on NH (which I assume is New Hampshire) you get selfish, ignorant people from all walks of life.
It angers me even thinking about this incident and how far it actually got....and I too want a SAVE TIGGER tee shirt:)
Elaine

Thanks!

We love Tigger!!!! In the video - you can see shortly after the boy puts his arm behind Tigger, Tigger's free hand quickly goes up to his chin as if something is not right - maybe something was being pulled and he felt like it was choking him or maybe he thought the head part of his costume was going to come off. I don't think in any way he intentionally "punched" the boy in the face. Also, why did the dad immediately question his son (I think he said something like, "Jerry, what did you do?")? That to me said that even the dad thought his own son was up to no good.

You can definitely hear the dad say something to the effect of "Jerry! Jerry" like his son did something wrong. I don't know if you saw the interview with the dad or not but he addresses that. He says something to the effect of "Well at first I thought my son did something wrong and then I watched the video" and then at one point the interviewer asks the kid if he antagonized Tigger by pulling maybe pulling his tail and the kid says all innocently that he didn't. he just put his arm around him like a side hug and that's all.

MMMMMMM-HHHHHHMMMMMM....right....I doubt that!

Anything to make a buck these days I guess... I would definetely want a "Save Tigger" T-shirt for my trip in Feb.. that would rock :rotfl2:

As for the incident.. Tigger should have hit him harder.. heck he should have gone back and gotten Pooh, Piglet, Roo, Eeyore, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip AND Dale, and any other character who was in the back to come hit the kid too.. and given his dad one as well.. aleast then they might have some merit for the case.. Oh and it's so convenient that the video just happens to pan down the second Tigger hits the kid.. doesn't show the kid hitting Tigger back clearly :confused3

And the hospital.. please... If the kid had been hit hard enough that he had a neck injury and needed to go to the hospital there would be more than a "red mark" on the side of his face... and its not like Bruce Lee was in the Tigger suit.. how would the CM have gotten enough momentum behind the punch to do that kind of damage anyway? I mean have you ever tried to throw a punch across your body like that? It's hard to put momentum behind a swing, without wearing a giant padded orange suit... the whole thing is just dishonest BS. Sure hope that it doesn't effect future interactions with characters... and hopefully the poor CM doesn't lose their job over this.. thats the real tragedy here... Disney can afford to pay if they indeed chose to but that surely means the CM is out of a job.. That's just wrong for that family to make money by causing other's to lose out.. :furious:

Its really quite sad that those people went to all that trouble. I support Tigger and hope all goes well. I will be saddened if we lose character interaction. Tigger is the best, he is bouncy and playful and to jump around all day in that heavy costume then be accused of punching... its a padded paw. A padded paw. Really now. Why did the news stick to the fathers side not Tiggers in the first place? I watched the video they showed and what was happening was opposite what they said was going on. Also the Sid thing is not a coincidence... I'm sure Disney put a lot of effort in to there character design to type cast Sid. It was not an accident Sid looks as he does. Best of Luck to CM Tigger! I support you!:tigger:

I can't believe the magnitude this story has taken on. It is insane that these parents would continue this ridiculous accusation on Tigger...I have yet to see the mother speaking about it. (Assuming she was present). Also in his interview the father clearly states he originally thought his son did something wrong until reviewing the tape he saw that "Tigger attacked" haha.
Sad that this tigger employee will probably lose his job :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter