Pros/Cons of off season - quick trip report

merlinsgang

Earning My Ears
Just some observations from our tip just last week week after Labor Day). Pros - Crowds were generally pretty light. We got fast passes, but only used them about half the time as our longest wait was about 20 minutes. Shows were easy to get into. Even the street shows we could see just by walking up to them. It was easy to get good views of the parades. Still got there about 30-45 minutes early, but we got a spot on the curb. We coupld probably even have goteen there a little later and still got good seats.

Cons - During the week FPs were only available on a few rides. Not a big deal since we didn't really need them, but good to plan around. The BPB parade at DCA did not stop on Tuesday. We waited about 30 minutes to see the 3 floats roll past in about 10 minutes. On Saturday they did stop and it was much better. The Columbia sailing ship was not operating until Saturday. There were a lot fewer shows/acts until the weekend. The big shows like Aladdin were only Friday and Saturday and the same for the fireworks and Fantasmic.

All in all it was a great trip and we got to see and do pretty much everything during our 5 days.

Good for you, im happy you got to do everything you wanted to do. Which fast passes arnt available during the week??? I am going soon and I dont want to waste my time there as this is my first time ever to DL :cool1: . So knowing would be a good thing. Thanks! :)

mystic_path said:
Good for you, im happy you got to do everything you wanted to do. Which fast passes arnt available during the week??? I am going soon and I dont want to waste my time there as this is my first time ever to DL :cool1: . So knowing would be a good thing. Thanks! :)
I have never seen a good list anywhere that is kept up-to-date. When you arrive at the park and get yours "Times Guide", it will list the rides with FP in use that week. FWIW, RideMax puts a lot of effort into maintaining this kind of info and if it is important to you it might be worth the $15 just for this data.

For this past week FP were available for Space Mtn., Splash Mtn. and Buzz Lightyear on the weekdays. On Friday/Saturday Big Thunder RR and Roger Rabbit were added. Autopia has the stations, but weren't open. In DCA Grizzly Run, Soarin', and California Screamin wer up during th week and Tower of Terror added on the weekend. The best bet is to get the show schedule when you enter. It will list at the bottom what FPs are active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter