• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

PTR, Countdown to a Maybe Engagement *Oct 2010*

dsnygrl21

Mouseketeer
I have run out of people to tell about my vacation plans and instead of bothering complete strangers at the grocery store(which I almost started doing), I figured to try finding an outlet for myself to vent where other people would be interested in hearing about the topic.

Low and behold I found a new home in DIS. I am not a shy girl, in the least, so even though I am new to the site, I am going to jump right in and start a thread. If I happen to state something wrong or post something in the wrong place, go off topic, etc., please inform me!

A little background check:

My name is Kelly and I have been dating my current boyfriend for 2 years on September 9. He chose that day for us to become "official" mainly because it was easy for him to remember. 9/9. We had our first anniversary on 9/9/9, which was kind of sweet.

We met at a party that a mutual friend was throwing. I was supposed to be set up on a date with another guy my friend had invited and though the guy seemed nice, when I saw Devin, something clicked. We talked at the party for hours and then he took me back to my car, that was still in a parking lot from dinner hours earlier. We ended up sitting in his car talking until around 6:30am! The next day he calls me up to come to a party he was going to for his friend. Of course I went even though it wasn't the usual protocol of wait 3 days. I was having a blast and we moved the party to his place when the party was quickly winding down. A couple who we had just met at that party thought that we had been dating for years. We both stuttered in saying that we had actually just met the night before.

That night he asked if I would go with him to The Metropolitan Museum of Art since it was Labor Day weekend. We shared our first kiss that night. I said yes to going with him. We were inseparable the entire weekend that we met and it continued to grow from there, dating, becoming closer and then in January 09, he moved in. We have had our ups and downs but we never go to bed mad at each other and the love and respect for one another is boundless.

The Booking:

We finally started thinking about taking a trip to Disney for the fall in April. We booked it officially in the end of May after a drunken episode(me crying saying:"When are we getting engaged?!") and Devin just receiving a promotion with FedEx. The dates were set for October 9, 2010 - October 17, 2010. We would be staying at AKL and CL at Jambo. I was so excited that we were upgrading to Conceirge Level that it started me thinking.

As the phone call progressed, they offered us the vacation package with meal plan and MYW PH WPF&M. I looked at Devin with curious eyes and he said, "Let's do the works." We booked them all! Even the Deluxe Dining Plan with Wine Add-on.

This got me thinking even more. I used to work for Disney as a CP(College Program) in Fall 03 and Spring 04 as a Park Greeter for MK and a Conductor on the train that goes around the MK. Both jobs were thrilling and the experience was so memorable and important to me. Devin knows how important Disney is to me and how much I love it as my second home. I was made to believe that I would be getting engaged in DISNEY!!!

I don't want to get my hopes up, but the more I think about it, the more and more I believe that my dream will come true!

The Planning:

When we booked, it was just about 180 days before our trip, so we were able to start booking our ADR's. We decided to hold off until I could figure out what we wanted to do when. I love playing travel agent and planning every little detail out. I would say that most of our vacation was planned and booked by the end of June. (I will give a more detailed outline of what we are doing and when in another post.)

Will update with more of what is going on. Let me know if you think this is suitable as a first time post. Thanks for reading!

This is the Disney Gang:

DisneyPals.jpg

This is my best friend in the world and I:

muppets.jpg

This is me getting hit by the water fountain from behind:

hitbywater.jpg

My best friend and I, as well as the DIsney Pals, were all together working for Disney as CP's. Stands for the College Program for those unfamiliar.

We have taken a few trips since working there in 2003, but we have never had as many people attending as we have now. We are doing a CP Reunion trip for the first weekend of our trip!

Some of these people I haven't seen SINCE THE PROGRAM!! We live all over the US and young college kids that we used to be are now married and/or with children. It's unbelievable how quickly time seems to fly and I'm interested in seeing who has changed the most!

We have dinner reservations for 20 at Ohana's for dinner Sunday, October 10, 2010 and Chef Mickey reservations for 20 on Monday morning, October 11, 2010.

I am so super pumped for this trip! 47 days to go... :thumbsup2

You can't hide too long I found ya.. :rotfl: Your doing great on a ptr... I can't believe there are 20 of you meeting that is awsome!! :rotfl: We will have to squeeze in a meet while we are there.. I'll see your plans as you go and we will set something up if you want.. can't wait to read more..

You can't hide too long I found ya.. :rotfl: Your doing great on a ptr... I can't believe there are 20 of you meeting that is awsome!! :rotfl: We will have to squeeze in a meet while we are there.. I'll see your plans as you go and we will set something up if you want.. can't wait to read more..

YAY! T, you are awesome! Yeah, it's very exciting that we are going to have so many people attending this trip. :dance3:

So, my scheduling I had done about 180 days before the vacation.

Unfortunately, I was unable to post as I did this because I didn't know this site existed at the time! lol...

A itinerary Listing with ADR's, tours, special tickets and other activities:

Saturday, October 9, 2010:

We get in on Southwest Airline from ISP into MCO around 3pm.

We will be taking the DME to our AKL resort.

I have little chocolates to give to the two itinerary planners that helped me out prior to arriving and some other goodies for after the trip to give to any that helped me from the front desk to conceirge.

There should also be a welcome surprise for the BF of "He Be a Pirate" from Disney Florists.

I figure once we get there we will check in and check out the room, if ready, before going out around the resort and checking the place out. With the AKL, I am sure there will be lots to take in and a lot to see. I look forward to running the trail that they have.

I don't know what parks, if any, we will be going to that night and have no ADR scheduled.

We will be going to Jelly Rolls after dinner to meet up with the CP's for the first time and it will actually be my first time checking that place out so I am super psyched to see the dueling pianos and try to stump them! How good are they really at requests?? It is said on the website that it is very difficult!! :confused3

Sunday, October 10, 2010:

Wake up early to get shuttle to rental car place. Since we heard that the AKL is as far away as it is to the rest of the parks and resorts and that the bus shuttles are sometimes long and packed, we decided to rent a car for the week instead of just a day. We are get a CONVERTIBLE!! :woohoo:

After getting the vehicle, we're going to Universal Studios to check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! We are big fans and cannot wait to check out the place for ourselves. We have heard nothing but good things about the place. Butterbeer here I come!! :laughing: (We also need to get a ton of souvenirs for my sister who has already written out a wish list for herself:rolleyes:)

We will have a quick bite to eat for lunch there and then leave to go back to the resort and change before heading to dinner.

Our CPR(Not what you think: College Program Reunion) Gathering have ADR at Ohana's. We tried to add a few more people to the reservation, but they are completely booked up already. I am glad that I made these so far in advance!

After dinner we plan to take the monorail to MK and watch Wishes at 10. At that time, my BF will renew the vows of one of the CP's and her husband. A very basic narration but still very touching. I'm a little jealous...

The park has EMH that night so we are planning to stick around and enjoy the rides that are available to us until the early morning. Hop the monorail back to the Poly and take our car back to the resort to sleep.

I am hoping for a ring this day. I really think it would be cool to get engaged on 10/10/10 since our current aniversary is 9/9... :rolleyes1

Monday, October 11, 2010:

Wake up early again and take the car to an ADR at Chef Mickey's for 20 people with the CPR Gathering. I love Chef Mickey's and can't wait for that breakfast! This is where will mostly part ways from the CP's because most of them are only planning to stay for the weekend or have stayed the prior week. We are pretty much the only ones staying the rest of the week.

After breakfast we are planning to head right over to Typhoon Lagoon. Stay there most of the day and grab QS lunch.

Heading back to our resort to change before going to dinner at AKL. We have an ADR for Jiko's that night and I suspect that it will be a very romantic evening(or at least I hope).

After dinner we may head over to Studios for EMH or just relax at the hotel.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010:

Wake up at leisure. Have a late breakfast before leaving for Studios on the shuttle.

ADR for Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater for lunch and then we plan on watching Fantasmic that night.

We have to hurry over at Fantasmic for our ADR at the Hoop De Doo Revue! I go here almost every time I come to DW and it's one of my faves!! :woohoo:

We will then take the shuttle home. We left the car back at AKL because of the all-you-can-drink Sangria's at HDDR. :thumbsup2

Wednesday, October 13, 2010:

Wake up early enough to make the opening of Epcot. Have a quick breakfast at the CL lounge. LEAVING THE CAR BEHIND TODAY!!! :woohoo:

We have an ADR for Coral Reef Restaurant for lunch. We will try and get most of the front of the park done that morning.

After 11, all hell will break loose as Devin(my BF) will try and drink himself around the world. I, on the other hand, will be photographing everything as proof and trying to hold him together, lol.

We have another ADR at Tutto Italia for dinner and then we will try and get a good spot for Illuminations:RoE.

Epcot will have EMH that night but I don't know if Devin will be able to handle that. He does love his beer, pirate: We may have to go home at that point and forego EMH.

Thursday, October 14, 2010:

Wake up when the rooster crows for the AKL CL only Sunrise Safari that everyone seems to talk about. 7:30 is a little early for me to be ready on a vacation since I am not a morning person to begin with, so we will see how this works out...

We are planning to stay in AK for the remainder of the day there. We have an ADR for Yak and Yeti for lunch.

After the park closes we may take the bus back to our resort to fetch the car and then head to our other ADR at Poly, Spirit of Aloha Show.

The entertainment will not stop there as we head over to MNSSHP by monorail or boat. Enjoy relaxing walks around a spooky MK and enjoying the special Fireworks and parade should be just what we need for the middle of our busy trip.

We head back onto the monorail and back to our vehicle to go to AKL for sleepy time.

Friday, October 14, 2010:

Devin will be up early for Disney's, The Palm's Golf Course. He thinks that I got a free upgrade but really I paid for it. Not going to tell him that until he goes. He is SOOO excited to be playing on an official PGA Golf Course.

I, on the other hand, get to sleep in a little bit and then go to GF for a spa treatment. Swedish Massage and a custom facial are in my future, lol. princess:

We are both going to meet up at GF and maybe get something to eat there for lunch.

After lunch, we will be bringing the car back to the rental place and taking a shuttle back to our hotel. We'll change and then head to DTD for shopping and Disney Quest.

An ADR at Raglan Road sounds great, as I have already been there and love their food, and then maybe a little more shopping... :rolleyes1

We will end our night with Cirque Du Soleil, La Nouba with pretty good tickets that I spent a little bit of money on. I know it will be worth it.

Head back to the shuttle and sleep.

Saturday, October 16, 2010:

Relaxing day at the resort and pool. Eat wherever for breakfast and lunch.

Enjoy the pool and the sun today.

Head over to Epcot in the afternoon for more F&WF(without Devin making this a competition) and take in the sights.

ADR at Flying Fish in the BWI for dinner.

Head back to the park or the resort after dinner.

Sunday, October 17, 2010 (Our Last Day! :sad1:):

Pack everything mostly the night before and last odds and ends in the morning. Bring down to bell service. Leave a nice gift and money for Mousekeeping and thank the people that helped us.

Make our way to MK for an ADR at Crystal Palace to eat breakfast. Spend most of the rest of our day at MK.

Eat a QS lunch somewhere in MK and we want to definitely catch the Share a Dream Come True Parade.

Head back, for the last time, to AKL for DME to the airport. MCO to ISP at 7pm.

:guilty: It's sad even to write it....

Anyways, a quick review of just the ADR's and times(we have the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan) are:

Saturday, Oct. 9: none
Sunday, Oct. 10: 7:05pm @ Ohana's in Poly for CPR Party of 20
Monday, Oct. 11: 9:25am @Chef Mickey's of CR for CPR Party of 20
5:45pm @ Jiko... A Cooking Place in AKL for 2
Tuesday, Oct. 12: 2:00pm @ Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at Studios for 2
9:30pm @ Hoop Dee Doo Revue in WL for 2
Wednesday, Oct. 13: 12:35pm @Coral Reef Restaurant at EPCOT for 2
6:05pm @ Tutto Italia at EPCOT for 2
Thursday, Oct. 14: 7:00am for Sunrise Safari @ AK + Breakfast for 2
1:00pm @ Yak & Yeti at AK for 2
5:15pm @ Spirit of Aloha Show in Poly for 2
MNSSHP starting at 7:00pm
Friday, Oct. 15: 7:25am @ The Palm's Golf Course for 1 (just the BF)
10:00am @ GF SPA for Spa treatment (Swedish & facial) for 1
6:00pm @ Raglan Road of DTD - PI for 2
9:00pm @ Cirque Du Soleil, La Nouba Show
Saturday, Oct. 16: 7:00pm @ Flying Fish in BWI for 2
Sunday, Oct. 17: 9:00am @ Crystal Palace in MK for 2

I've been known for over-planning just a tad... :rolleyes1

We have to plan to meet on the 10th.. We are doing EMH that night. I''m doing BBB and PL for my kids.. Plus you guys are coming back to our hotel for the car.. :banana: You are gonna have to let me know how you like those restaurants.. I'm going back on memorial weekend with my dh and kids so looking for new places to eat!!

What's BBB and PL??

I must know the lingo, lol. I must be losing my touch because I can usually figure these out...:confused3

How exciting that you are going in October and then again in May! I wish we had another trip already lined up but there are some whispers about having a family trip with everyone maybe in late August of 2011...

It is still just whispers though. Keeping my fingers crossed! Devin says, "Let's focus on this trip first before we start planning another. We still have over a month honey."

I don't like that response very much but usually I sigh and just stop talking to him about Disney. He doesn't understand it because he has never been. I will make a believer out of him yet!
:worship:

Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and Pirates league..

You dont' have kids thats why you don't know the lingo... :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

You are right! Aw, they will love that.

So, you are in MK for EMH on Sunday?? We will definitely have to meet up maybe after or before wishes. We usually watch Wishes from the crosswalk at Casey's and the Ice cream Plaza there.

We will have to work something out and make sure that we bring our lgm's with us! ;)

:rotfl2:

You are right! Aw, they will love that.

So, you are in MK for EMH on Sunday?? We will definitely have to meet up maybe after or before wishes. We usually watch Wishes from the crosswalk at Casey's and the Ice cream Plaza there.

We will have to work something out and make sure that we bring our lgm's with us! ;)

Most definately!!!

So, I just traded in my first car, a 2001 Honda Civic, for a newer model. A 2010 Honda Civic that is polished metallic. My first car was a 2 door, this car is 4. Both have sun/moon roof, both are very reliable cars only instead of owning my new car I am leasing. :)

Also, and this is going to sound SO cliqued but, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico! I was paying one amount through All State without even having Collision on my 2001 worth 1200 at trade in value and very low payouts. Now, with Geico, I not only have Collision but also higher Liability and uninsured for still cheaper than I am paying on my clunker!

My insurance with All State was going to go up $600.00 more!! :scared1:

I switched right away, the Geico person telling me that I was "preferred". I felt so special! We also had a long conversation with the guy I spoke with because he used to work for Disney! The whole experience was magical and left me really happy. Even the All State people were very nice and cancelled me without a problem. Geico is a really great company and so excited about that whole ordeal being over with.

My BF and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary on the 9th. I was so nervous that I thought I might be proposed to. He hadn't taken me to a nice restaurant in a long time and we were all dressed up but, nothing happened! :confused3

I was pretty relieved that I didn't have to worry anymore and let out a sigh. He asked me why I was acting so weird for the beginning of dinner. I told him, "I thought you were going to propose to me so I clammed up and got really nervous"

He said, "You know I wouldn't propose on a holiday. That's not my style. Who put that idea into your head?" Well, it was the girls at work, but he figured that out pretty easily as those were the only people I really gossiped with. I was sitting back, relaxed and looked into the mirror that I was prepping myself in just hours earlier.

"I kept thinking, you're going to propose to me when my hair is greasy though straight, the outfit is snug cause all my clothes are in the wash and I have a chin hair that I can't pluck because I left the tweezers at home!" He just laughed, making a joke that he was going to do it when I first wake up in the morning. I told him that would be the easiest way for me to say no. He laughed again, saying, "You couldn't say no to me, ever."

So I told him, "No, no no, no no! So there."

He then went on to say, "You know I know what you like and you wouldn't be sincerely happy with that type of engagement right now. Just wait, it will happen when the time is right."

Well, I hope so!! I have been dropping hints with Disney IPO name and number, leaving internet sites uploaded with pictures and suggestions and he is starting to get the hints and is getting mad at me for dropping so many. I can't help it! He says, "It's got to be my idea, not yours. You will have the whole wedding to plan without me really putting in too much say so let me have the engagement, alright?"

Fine. So, I am keeping quiet... Somewhat.. I can't wait until October 9th. 22 more days to go and counting!! :rolleyes:

Sounds like you are with a very smart guy! Good Luck and here's some pixiedust: that all your dreams come true!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter