PTR - Will Disney cheer me up in August 2010? FINAL UPDATE 9/2/10

Only 64 days until we head to Florida! Woo Hoo! I tweaked my ADRs just a little bit...thought we'd try Sci-Fi for a light lunch on the day we're in DHS. I'm thinking milkshake, onion rings, soup and a hot fudge sundae...feel those arteries hardening already! I didn't have any trouble getting an 11:30 ADR, even so close to the date.

I have also begun developing our park touring schedules...best laid plans as they say. I always like to have some kind of plan...I use a computer program (not sure if I can say which one) to develop a schedule...their August calendar data is available so I've started. Wait times sound pretty minimal on most days, even with the anticipated free dining crowds.

But first, I head to Washington, DC for a conference at the end of next week, then San Antonio (where my hubby lives) for a long, 4th of July weekend.

Okay, I just can't stop tweaking! I decided that since Joe has been so reasonable about the entire Disney trip, that we'll end our trip at DTD having dinner at Raglan Road (instead of CRT in MK)...it is one of our favorites...we love the music and the dancer!

My countdown clock says it's only 58 days until we leave...which means my baby is leaving for college in less than 2 months :sad2:...but we'll be at WDW in 62 days :thumbsup2

Well, off to Washington, DC on Friday for a conference...thousands of librarians in one place = more fun than you think! Followed by a trip to San Antonio over the 4th of July, pirate: boating with friends.

To the few who might be following along...Hello!

Back from a great conference in D.C. Picked up tons of swag and really enjoyed it. Even ran into a couple of people I had worked with in Vegas...small world!

The 4th of July in San Antonio was fab! We spent the long weekend on Lake Buchanan...boating, swimming, eating, etc. :woohoo:

Looks like I only have 40 days until we leave and 37 days until Disney...tickets are purchased, ADRs made, working on touring plans...it's going to be a long month!

Well, I am so disappointed!! I was looking forward to the return of one of my favorites, the Main Street Electrical Parade, but just found out that it will be gone mid-August, right before we go.:mad: I'm not much of a parade person...but this one is special. Is anyone else lucky enough to get to see it this summer?

I am super excited about Captain EO. :woohoo: We've never seen it, so it will be new to us!

Just found your pre-trip report and wanted to let you know that I am as disappointed as you are with the MSEP gone while we will be at WDW this summer.

We are arriving the day of the last performance but unfortunately our plane does not arrive until close to 7pm and with immigration and picking up a rental we won't make it to the MK in time! :sad2:

Enough wining!! Love the start to your pre-trippie! I am in!!n:goodvibes

Enough wining!! Love the start to your pre-trippie! I am in!!n:goodvibes

Thanks Karin! I'm popping over to read/catch-up on your pretrip report too!

Another thing I found out for our stay...Toy Story Mania is closed for refurb from the 16th-28th August! :mad: It's my DH's new favorite and I like it too. At least you'll be back in September, so you won't miss it.

Now I have to rework my DHS touring plan...:eek:

Well only 30 days until we leave for Florida...it's getting closer. Normally, I'd be bouncing off the walls, but not this time. I'm not even driving Joe crazy talking about Disney constantly...I need to snap out of it! :sick:

I did decide to go to DHS even though Toy Story Mania will be closed. I want to ride Star Tours one more time before they change it. And we like RNR and TOT.

This trip is turning into a food trip, not a park trip. That's okay because we're foodies. I have also decided to suggest to Joe, that when we tour World Showcase, we try different adult beverages as we circle through...I'd like to check out La Cava del Tequila in Mexico...the avocado margarita sounds very interesting :rolleyes:

DD has started packing and is making a "list" of what she needs for college. Her linens were delivered last week, so I got those all washed and ready to go this weekend. Her computer has been ordered and should ship this week. So, she needs things like a coffee pot and desk lamp...and clothes (so she tells me...) She has two roommates, so she's already texting them. One's bringing a fridge, the other a TV, and mine has a microwave...I think they're set.

TTFN

Thanks for sending me this link! I've just spent the last hour reading through all your posts!!! Your Christmas vacation looked great I'm sure those lines were long.
Unfortunately, this will be when we are there in 2010.!!! I guess we are crazy!
but it's the only time that works for us!
My husband will be turning 51 on New Years Day! The day we go on the Dream
and new years eve will be spent in Epcot!
I had 2 graduations this year!! DD graduated from her 5 year university program
( 2 1/2) hours away from home and has a bacheller of music and bacheller of
education and has got a job as a band teacher for this coming September.
Trust me... the time your daughter is away at college/university will just fly by!!
As well, our 17 yr old (youngest) son graduated this June from high school, so needless to say, we are "grad partied out"!!
Our oldest son is getting married in September, and we asked him to join us in disney but they want to do their own honeymoon thing.
And the middle son, (21) is in Africa climbing the real "Mt. Kilimonjaro" as I type this!!! We told him we'd be on a kilimonjaro safari ourselves but still couldn't sway him to travel with us. So it will be hubby, me, daughter and
youngest son for disney!
I will email you my itinerary of what I've come up with so far to let you peruse it with your "Disney Expertise"!! :banana:

Thanks again for sharing your trips!
Debbie

Thanks for sending me this link! I've just spent the last hour reading through all your posts!!! Your Christmas vacation looked great I'm sure those lines were long. Unfortunately, this will be when we are there in 2010.!!! I guess we are crazy! but it's the only time that works for us!

Hi Debbie...glad we reconnected! It's certainly crowded, but also a beautiful time of year to be there with all the holiday cheer! :santa:
I will email you my itinerary of what I've come up with so far to let you peruse it with your "Disney Expertise"!! :banana: Thanks again for sharing your trips!

I can't wait to see your itinerary! Send it along...glad you enjoyed the Christmas trip report. :surfweb:

And to my faithful followers...only 23 days until we leave for Florida. This upcoming weekend, DD & I will be traveling to Waukegan, Illinois, to visit my son and spend some fun family time before they both head to school. :dance3: Only bummer...Joe couldn't join us :sad2:

Back from a great conference in D.C. Picked up tons of swag and really enjoyed it.

Every PTR needs filler photos, right? Thought I'd share a couple from our trip to DC in June.

The Lincoln Memorial at dusk:
232323232%7Ffp53373%3Enu%3D56%3C4%3E372%3E238%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B%3A647%3A%3C3329nu0mrj

Me:
232323232%7Ffp5339%3B%3Enu%3D56%3C4%3E372%3E238%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B%3A659334329nu0mrj

The White House:
232323232%7Ffp53396%3Enu%3D56%3C4%3E372%3E238%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B%3A65933%3B329nu0mrj

I hadn't been to DC in years, so it was fun to see the monuments. Touring the "Monuments by Moonlight" was not great for pictures though!

Well, I am so disappointed!! I was looking forward to the return of one of my favorites, the Main Street Electrical Parade, but just found out that it will be gone mid-August, right before we go.:mad: I'm not much of a parade person...but this one is special.

WooHoo!! Happy news on the DisneyParks Blog :yay: At least for me, who loves the MSEP :mickeyjum

Hey there. I started reading Christmas threads, as I want to plan a trip then (or maybe not with the crowds) and I found yours. I think I am following your path of being a Disney addict. I am already planning my next trip and I just got back!

Hey there. I started reading Christmas threads, as I want to plan a trip then (or maybe not with the crowds) and I found yours. I think I am following your path of being a Disney addict. I am already planning my next trip and I just got back!

I cannot stress enough how HORRIBLE the crowds were the week before Christmas! I love Soarin' as much (if not more) than the next guy, but no ride is worth a 3 hour wait!! With that said, the holiday spirit around the resort was truly magical and I might consider going earlier in the month to appreciate the atmosphere.

Okay, we leave in 13 days...and I'm already planning my next trip! Am I crazy? :rotfl2:

DD's "Family Weekend" is Nov. 5-7...I'm thinking of spending a solo day at EPCOT (staying at POP with QSDP) on the 8th before I fly home on Tuesday morning...:cheer2:

BTW...haven't mentioned it to DH because he's not coming...I plan to have it all paid for before I go, so once I'm there, it will seem as if it's free :laughing:

So my friends...should I do it?

Okay, we leave in 13 days...and I'm already planning my next trip! Am I crazy? :rotfl2:

DD's "Family Weekend" is Nov. 5-7...I'm thinking of spending a solo day at EPCOT (staying at POP with QSDP) on the 8th before I fly home on Tuesday morning...:cheer2:

BTW...haven't mentioned it to DH because he's not coming...I plan to have it all paid for before I go, so once I'm there, it will seem as if it's free :laughing:

So my friends...should I do it?

Ha... Ya, go for it! Sounds fun!!!
Can't wait to hear about the upcoming trip though!

Debbie :thumbsup2

Ha, Ha....
Just playing around on the site and trying to make a countdown clock. just checking to see if it worked!

Debbie :rolleyes1

Hi Everyone! Well we leave in 11 days...at WDW in 13 :yay:

Wanted to share a couple of pics of my day with my kids at Six Flags Great America. Going to another company's theme park really makes me appreciate Disney. Even both the kids made comments about crowd/line control, lack of shade, theming, and limited food choices...:cutie:

With DS...
232323232%7Ffp53395%3Enu%3D56%3C4%3E372%3E238%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C79467%3C%3B329nu0mrj

With DD...
232323232%7Ffp53333%3Enu%3D56%3C4%3E372%3E238%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C795%3A237329nu0mrj

We had a great time, but the lines made me long for FastPass!!

My DH is full of surprises!!

So, I was telling him how excited I was about Victoria & Albert's...knowing it was expensive, but it is my birthday present, blah, blah, blah...and he says "No, it's not your birthday present and this trip is not your birthday trip." :scared1: Explain please, I say. "I'm taking you to Hawaii in January...that's your birthday trip. :yay: This Disney trip is to help you get through leaving DD at college."

What??!! Hawaii??!! Already booked??!! OMG! :woohoo:

So, I cancelled V&A for this trip. It's all good :lovestruc We'll eat offsite on that Wednesday night...

Hawaii!!

You're a lucky girl! What a wonderful DH and family you have. Congrats and enjoy your Hawaii trip, and definitely do the one-day Epcot thing for Family Weekend.

My DH is full of surprises!!

So, I was telling him how excited I was about Victoria & Albert's...knowing it was expensive, but it is my birthday present, blah, blah, blah...and he says "No, it's not your birthday present and this trip is not your birthday trip." :scared1: Explain please, I say. "I'm taking you to Hawaii in January...that's your birthday trip. :yay: This Disney trip is to help you get through leaving DD at college."

What??!! Hawaii??!! Already booked??!! OMG! :woohoo:

So, I cancelled V&A for this trip. It's all good :lovestruc We'll eat offsite on that Wednesday night...

Hawaii!!

Ha... NICE!!!!! What a nice surprise!!!

Debbie :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter