Putting paper ticket onto room card

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
We booked our next trip through AAA and we have paper park hopper tickets. I was wondering if when we check in and get our room key card if we could have them put the ticket onto our card so we don't risk losing the paper one and will be in and our of the parks a lot in the 5 days we are there. Thanks!

kjs

I don't think that they'll put tickets you don't buy at the resort on your room key.

Make a copy of your tickets before you leave and keep it in your luggage. If you do lose one, they'll be able to deactivate that ticket number and issue you a new one.

I asked this same question and was told the only tickets they put on the room card are the length of stay passes because park hoppers have leftover days sometimes and will be destroyed with the cards upon check out, therefore losing the days you had left.

They don't destroy the room keys when you leave. In fact, if you pay with a credit card, you don't even have to check out. We once had PH's put on our room keys, and they have extra days on them. I'm just holding onto the keys.

Kermit,

I dont know if this is REALLY new or not then because we were told we CANNOT and they will not add hoppers to the room keys. I asked specifically about this because it means we would be able to leave some things in the room. I called maybe 2 weeks ago. I will call again now and ask once again and see what they have to say and report back.

I called Guest Services once again and talked with William in case anyone wants to know who I talked to, and he once again verified that a Park Hopper Pass, whether a Plus or not generally will NOT be allowed to be added to the room key for the exact reason I stated before. The ticket that will only be added to the room key is an Ultimate Park Hopper which is for the amount of time you stay at the resort.

A park hopper, or park hopper plus is a paper ticket which you carry around with your room card. Like a previous poster said, make sure you write down the ticket numebrs in case it is destroyed by swimming, or rain, or if it is lost or stolen.

I didn't think they could put paper tickets on the room key card.

However, do you not think that our annual passes should be issued on something a little more substantial than paper? They have to last a year after all. Disney recommend keeping them in the pass information leaflet (which I do) but they can still get bent putting them in your wallet. I suggest they make them plastic like a credit card. What do you guys think?

John :wave:

I don't know if things have changed but we went xmas 2000 and had previously boughten 7 day park hoppers thru ticketmania. Upon check-in I asked if they could put on room key and cm said sure. Only problem was she refunded the amount spent on those tickets (must be coded) and then we purchased new tickets from cm which she put on the room key. Of course I didn't realize but I was now spending the full price for tickets instead of the little discount I got thru ticketmania so I guess I kind of blew it on that one but it was nice only having one sturdy card to worry about. We have one day left and 3 pluses and can use them next time we go.

See..this is the problem. If I purchase them from WDW I can get them on a card....HOWEVER, if I want a discount via AAA, Ticketmania, Floridatickets, the CM said I CANNOT put them on a card. Therefore, for the original poster, no, your tickets in your hand cannot go on your room key. I think this is the dumbest thing, but oh well...At least we can buy our tickets at a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter