• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good afternoon all. Time to bump this up, as we were almost down to the bottom of page 1! We go from sprinkles to sun, back to sprinkles. Its 73 out, and they say it will be our last day of bearable temps before it goes back to the 90's--calling fo 95 tomorrow. I am over this heat already and it's only the beginning of August! I hope that you have a lovely time at the beach @Breezy_Carol ! My sister in law and family are headed home from theirs, and theirs was slightly interrupted by the hurricane. I hope you have great weather!
Did grocery shopping this morning. Odd that Aldi's was out of a lot of things. I saw more empty spaces on shelves in there today, than I have seen since the beginning of the pandemic. Bread wasn't full, there were no crackers. Very little in the way of paper products. No storage bags, no trash bags, very odd. Walmart was it's usual busy self, I was #307 in the store at 10:00. Their paper products were low too, but everything else was full (except cleaning stuff of course. ) I did manage to snag another bottle of Clorox Clean Up w/bleach, and my sister in law was there Wed nite when they put out a whole shelf of Clorox Wipes (she grabbed one for them , and one for me). I am tired and feeling lazy after putting everything away. Think I will just do a long beauty treatment, then either find a movie to watch or take a nap, or maybe both. We have plenty of beautiful tomatoes from the garden now, am attaching a pic of my favorite new variety, Mushroom Basket. They are big and very sweet. We are going to stuff them with homemade shrimp salad for dinner and add fresh corn I picked up this morning.
Have a great Saturday everyone!

Attachments

• Tomato-Mushroom-Basket-TM164-web.jpg
    Tomato-Mushroom-Basket-TM164-web.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 4
I went on a quest today to try to find Lysol wipes or generic equivalent hitting up Home Depot, BJs and Sams Club right as they opened. My son moves into his dorm room next weekend and I thought he might at least make an attempt to clean the bath if he had some wipes. No luck for me but my husband said he was successful. He actually bought a multipack of Lysol disinfectant spray and said he could clean the bathroom with that. Men!

Nice tomato 🍅 photo!

chores done, errands run- now what to do with oneself?!? I could go check the mail but that means getting in car or ranger and riding down the road- for what? Another Brecks 75% off circular and a Viking Cruise catalog tempting me on a trip I really can’t go on yet? Uh, I’ll be lazy and leave it till Monday...
Dinner tonight will be a frenched rack of lamb, roasted potatoes and steamed vegetables.

Happy Saturday everyone! Today is a good day, have gotten quite a bit accomplished so it's time to take a break.

Got up at 6:00 this morning so DH and I could go out to breakfast at IHOP. I think that all the breakfast talk gave me hankering for a Denver omelette. 😀 It's the first time we have been out to eat at a restaurant in three months. Felt so good. IHOP was clean and the employees were doing a good job at social distancing everyone and not putting customers immediately in a just vacated booth. Of course, it was early so there weren't that many people there.
Then we went grocery shopping. DH hasn't been to the grocery store in ages. We used to go all the time together but our lives changed and it was easier for me to go alone. Now that I'm keeping the grandkids I go in the evenings or early Saturday/Sunday morning. I don't like to get them out in the stores if I don't have to. It was so nice to be with DH alone even if it was breakfast and grocery shopping.
Floors are vacuumed and bathroom cleaned. Now I'm doing laundry but that's easy. Was hoping to get a Fletcher's Corny Dog but the crowds are huge and I don't want to sit in a mile long line of cars (no joke) and then stand in line in the heat for about an hour. It's just a couple of miles away from me but too far to walk especially in this heat and humidity. Oh well.....with the State Fair canceled no Fletcher's Corny Dog for me. For those that don't know, Fletcher's Corny Dogs are a tradition to eat at the State Fair of Texas. They've started selling them at at food truck that is booked each day at different locations in the DFW area. Brings people out for corny dogs and helps the small businesses in the area. I heard that there were people standing in line for three hours somewhere in Dallas just to buy a corny dog earlier this week.

Dinner tonight is Mexican Salad (don't know why it's call that). We call it Taco Salad but it's not really that either. It's an easy meal to make and low cleanup.

Catching out thread before it further skips down the page!

Kirby, hug, you are making precious memories for your grand-kids and also giving their parents peace of mind knowing they are safe and loved in your care. Do they like stickers? Let me know and I'd be happy to send you some for them. I enjoy using stickers to personalize cards and notes and of course in non plague times with kids at church.
They love stickers!

Good afternoon all. Time to bump this up, as we were almost down to the bottom of page 1! We go from sprinkles to sun, back to sprinkles. Its 73 out, and they say it will be our last day of bearable temps before it goes back to the 90's--calling fo 95 tomorrow. I am over this heat already and it's only the beginning of August! I hope that you have a lovely time at the beach @Breezy_Carol ! My sister in law and family are headed home from theirs, and theirs was slightly interrupted by the hurricane. I hope you have great weather!
Did grocery shopping this morning. Odd that Aldi's was out of a lot of things. I saw more empty spaces on shelves in there today, than I have seen since the beginning of the pandemic. Bread wasn't full, there were no crackers. Very little in the way of paper products. No storage bags, no trash bags, very odd. Walmart was it's usual busy self, I was #307 in the store at 10:00. Their paper products were low too, but everything else was full (except cleaning stuff of course. ) I did manage to snag another bottle of Clorox Clean Up w/bleach, and my sister in law was there Wed nite when they put out a whole shelf of Clorox Wipes (she grabbed one for them , and one for me). I am tired and feeling lazy after putting everything away. Think I will just do a long beauty treatment, then either find a movie to watch or take a nap, or maybe both. We have plenty of beautiful tomatoes from the garden now, am attaching a pic of my favorite new variety, Mushroom Basket. They are big and very sweet. We are going to stuff them with homemade shrimp salad for dinner and add fresh corn I picked up this morning.
Have a great Saturday everyone!
Beautiful tomato! My tomato plants dried up a month ago.

Happy Saturday everyone! Today is a good day, have gotten quite a bit accomplished so it's time to take a break.

Got up at 6:00 this morning so DH and I could go out to breakfast at IHOP. I think that all the breakfast talk gave me hankering for a Denver omelette. 😀 It's the first time we have been out to eat at a restaurant in three months. Felt so good. IHOP was clean and the employees were doing a good job at social distancing everyone and not putting customers immediately in a just vacated booth. Of course, it was early so there weren't that many people there.
Then we went grocery shopping. DH hasn't been to the grocery store in ages. We used to go all the time together but our lives changed and it was easier for me to go alone. Now that I'm keeping the grandkids I go in the evenings or early Saturday/Sunday morning. I don't like to get them out in the stores if I don't have to. It was so nice to be with DH alone even if it was breakfast and grocery shopping.
Floors are vacuumed and bathroom cleaned. Now I'm doing laundry but that's easy. Was hoping to get a Fletcher's Corny Dog but the crowds are huge and I don't want to sit in a mile long line of cars (no joke) and then stand in line in the heat for about an hour. It's just a couple of miles away from me but too far to walk especially in this heat and humidity. Oh well.....with the State Fair canceled no Fletcher's Corny Dog for me. For those that don't know, Fletcher's Corny Dogs are a tradition to eat at the State Fair of Texas. They've started selling them at at food truck that is booked each day at different locations in the DFW area. Brings people out for corny dogs and helps the small businesses in the area. I heard that there were people standing in line for three hours somewhere in Dallas just to buy a corny dog earlier this week.

Dinner tonight is Mexican Salad (don't know why it's call that). We call it Taco Salad but it's not really that either. It's an easy meal to make and low cleanup.

They love stickers!

Beautiful tomato! My tomato plants dried up a month ago.

Ours took forever to start ripening. And of course, just about all of the 3 dozen plants decided they would start ripening at the same time, lol. Some of the plants are starting to look dried out here too. The weather has been crazy. Hardly any rain, and days and days of 90+ heat have taken a big toll on the garden. We are eating them at just about every meal these days, but at the $4.99 a lb for home grown tomatoes that I saw at the farmers today, I'll take all I can get from our garden while we can! I had one the other day that weighed 2 1/2 lbs!! That would be a $12 tomato if I had to buy it, lol!

PRAISE THE LORD AND ANY AND ALL OTHER DEITIES! It's been 99 hours...4 days, 3 hours...and our power is finally back on! I just spent the last half hour washing my (now-empty) freezer...didn't notice the strange chartreuse-colored slime all over the shelves/drawers until I had light :scared: :eek: :crazy2: :sick:

I will catch up with QOTD/PMs soon! I don't want to see how many emails I have in my Yahoo! account...

So glad you and your husband had a tasty IHOP breakfast, Kirby!

If you feel comfortable, PM me your address and I will send out some stickers this week ahead :)

I can too if you’d like, @Kirby.

Almost at the bottom of the page!

Saturday extra gratitude:

That my Dad also had a relaxing day at home.
A phone call with a good friend and text from another.
The old TV show Sale of the Century (it's on BUZZR) has been fun to watch during this time.

I’ve recently been putting Buzzer on as well - kind of a comfort channel. I think it’s a combination of enjoying the light (as opposed to the news) content and reminders of a simpler time (at least for me, because I was kid when many of the shows originally aired!)

We have Game a Show Network as well, which shows new ones, and DH and I have been watching America Says and Common Knowledge the last couple of days. I also really like Master Minds, but I’ve watched all those.

I agree, PollyannaMom! Except I never watched Sale of the Century when it was originally on. I do really enjoy it now, indeed a much simpler time! On Game Show Network, on Saturday and Sunday mornings for an hour a show called Chain Reaction (Word Game) is on. I had never before heard of this. It's enjoyable but not as fun or restful as Sale! Weekdays I do DVR Price is Right. Not Bob Barker but can be fun anyway :)

Question for all of you. I recently purchased on Wal-Mart.com several pink pajama sets (top and bottom pants). I only wanted the pants so I was thankful to give the tops to friends and donate a couple others. I no longer have the tops or tags that came with them. This was just within the last few weeks. I realized a few minutes ago one of the pairs of pajama pants that I am wearing right now has a hole in them! More like a tear from the seam because there is no loose thread. Now the hole is not in a noticeable place but should not be there and is a good size :( Do you think I would be able to contact Wal-Mart.com tomorrow to tell them? They would be able to look up the order easily, I do have proof of that. I don't have any tags or the top. For me, these pajamas (especially since I did buy several sets) cost a lot of money :( Thank you! :)

Good Morning and Happy Sunday to all!

@flyingdumbo127 The answer to your ? is YES. A phone call or online chat if they have that. I don't think you have to wait till tomorrow, I believe that there is someone there 7 days a week. They can look up the order and tell you if they will do anything for you. If not, can you just patch the hole? Good luck!

Thanks, Lynxstch! I felt "iffy" about it because I don't have the tops. I have shared on here before how during this time I have daytime and night time pajamas :D I needed both so that's why I purchased several of these. The "daytime" pants I just leave in a tiny bit of a front tag to tell the difference lol! The hole ones are actual bed time pajamas.

My Dad was able to bring a few of the tops to two in town friends we both used to see all the time (a Ralph's and laundry mat) worker. He did donate some others one time along with some other clothes/books we had to pass on.

I will check if Wal-Mart.com has an online chat, good idea :)

Last edited:
Happy Sunday everyone....

As of last week, I am back to working my regular hours and by Friday night, I was exhausted...:laughing: My boss and I were talking about how this is the healthiest the kids have been in like forever....no boogie noses parents always blame on allergies....:confused3:rolleyes1:laughing: Of course, we've been super low, hence why I haven't been working much, if at all. Now we're back full again, with mostly school age kids since they aren't going to school in person and parents still have to work. Hoping and praying everyone stays healthy, as they have the last few months.

Hubby came home for the weekend but leaving again today. Next week he's staying through the weekend so I'll probably drive up Friday after work to spend the weekend and come home Monday.

Hubby and I went to breakfast with our really good friends yesterday morning at a new restaurant, it was outdoor dining and it was pretty nice. Then we celebrated DD's birthday with hubby last night, my dad made her favorite meal of his, Salisbury steak and we had cheesecake. It was sooo good.

Oh also yesterday morning, I was a stop on our local Relay for Life survivor "Care"-avan....I’ve been apart of the American Cancer Society Relay for Life for about 10 years now. This year of course everything has gone virtual except these "care"-avans. The committee drives to about 4 or 5 cancer survivors homes with their cars all decorated and drop off some good bags. I had a hysterectomy in 2008 because of endometrial cancer. I was super lucky in that the hysterectomy took care of all the cancer and I didn't need anymore treatment than that so I don't usually classify myself as a survivor because I really didn't have the struggles a lot of other people have had. My friend is in charge of the whole event and committee and always adds me to the survivor list though, which is sweet of her. There were about 10 cars and they all came honking down our street, parked to hand me my goodies, took a couple pictures, everyone had masks on, and then they moved on to the next house, so that was a nice little experience. :lovestruc

Hope you all have a nice Sunday....seems like the temps are going to be nice today, hubby even turned off the AC for a little bit.

@apirateslifeforme I'm so happy your power is back on.

God Bless You, AuntieMe3! Wishing you truly much health and joy :) thank you for participating in the care a van. I am so glad you and other Cancer survivors got to be recognized as you should be! When I was growing up I volunteered for several years at a Discovery Shop of the ACS. Stay safe with the kiddos!

ETA: Just saw your great QOTD. Not a musical person but in non plague times I do work at musical theater camp at church with the kids and teens performing in a show :)

To all, and especially Lynxstch, Wal-Mart problem has already been solved! I was able to do a live chat on the computer. I clearly explained about the pants and that I did not have the matching top. The representative said she would start a replacement order. When the new set arrives to go ahead and send that top back with the defective bottoms. I never would have thought of that myself since to me it is dishonest in a way (not the exact top I got with the pants) but since it is identical to that one I am okay with doing that. These PJ's truly are wonderfully soft and I would definitely recommend. Just hang onto the tops for a few washes anyway! Should any of you be interested in the exact PJ's let me know :)

QOTD: Do you like musicals? Any favorites??

I love them! The first one I ever saw was Carousel,,then How To Succeed In Business, and I fell in love with them from then on. I love Phantom, Cats, Moulin Rouge, School of Rock, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Wicked! I could just go on naming them, but you get the idea? LOL!
Love all those and more too...the only musical movie I haven't cared for is Mamma Mia....lol I can't get over Pierce Brosnan's(?) terrible voice. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter