Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Bianca and Bernard Prayers to your DSIL and losing her DH. It is a hard journey and everyone's journey is different. It is kind of you to talk with her an give her the support she needs. People who have been through it says that it gets, not easier, but you integrate it into your life. I can't say that happens as I am a long way from that stage. She may want to talk with a therapist or a trusted friend. I have both and it helps alot. My thoughts are with her and her family.

Off to the house for another busy day. I have errands as well as a junk pickup. Then bring more bins to DS's house.

Have a good Saturday.

Good morning, all ❄️

Mona, we went the same route with the backed vinyl birthday tablecloth. (Ours is a darker blue with bright colorful letters.) It has paid for itself over the years in not buying disposable ones - plus I never have to plan ahead, just pull it out of the hutch.

Our water heater was acting up last night. For some reason the pilot light went out. DH was able to re-light it, and his shower was warm this morning, but we'll be keeping an eye on it.

Thank you for all the good wishes for DD. She can't get a break. And today, she was called into the principals office. The school district has an anonymous tip line and the principal received a tip about DD. It said that she had an outstanding CPS case against her. It also said that a mom had posted a picture of her mug shot on social media. It's just another instance of her ex finding ways to harass her. He's threatened in the past to take her job away and now he is actually trying. The CPS case was closed, he knows that and yet the message was sent. As far as a mug shot, someone had to do some digging into DD's past. When DD was 19, she went to a frat party which was raided. The police wanted to make an example and she was one of the kids that were hauled off to jail for an overnight stay. They booked each one, had them wear the orange jumpsuits and stay all night in a cell. That doesn't ever show up on a background check. It's a shame that her ex can't spend all his time doing something productive and focus on his current wife.

She must be livid, and rightfully so. I hope her boss can see the situation for what it is. What a wonderful example she is setting for her children, holding her head up high and treading the right path and leaving those who are not treading that same path to be a opposite example of their own making. It must be incredibly mentally exhausting for her.

Well good morning everyone. It is a bright, sunny & cold day here. I've got housecleaning to do once I enjoy my coffee and putz thru the news headlines & Dis for a few minutes. Have a good day -

Good morning everyone!
Its a balmy 9 degrees outside, but the sun is starting to come out, supposed to get to 33, so it will melt more snow. Hang on to your ice skates, all of you who live to the eastern side of MD. We are going to get rain tonite and into tomorrow, but you are supposed to get freezing rain :(

Plows were out all nite again here sanding, salting, spraying calcium chloride or whatever its called, so our road is totally dry and black top this morning. The outside cats all came to eat, but what little wet food was left in the dishes 5 min later when I went out to pick them up, was already almost frozen solid..that was fast!

No big plans for the day except football, again. I am glad the regular season and playoff games are almost done..then it's the SuperBowl and I don't have to watch football again till October, or whenever it starts up again.

Both of my Chewy orders are out for delivery, thankfully. Just checked Chewy and every single Friskies variety pack is out of stock, and a lot of the 24 can trays of it are also out of stock. Luckily the flavors our cats will eat are still available, so I ordered 4 more, 2 of 1 flavor, and 2 other different ones. So all of the cats has better not decide that they don't like them anymore, lol. It's either eat what I can get, or eat dry food, or wait till the next feeding time! We are going to be in a bind if they don't start getting more of it in stock :(

Have a nice day to all of my QUACKer family!

R (2).jpg

Last edited:
ts a balmy 9 degrees outside, but the sun is starting to come out, supposed to get to 33, so it will melt more snow. Hang on to your ice skates, all of you who live to the eastern side of MD. We are going to get rain tonite and into tomorrow, but you are supposed to get freezing rain :(

Ugh I saw that. I think I will hunker down all day tomorrow! I think my husband wants some wings for the football games tomorrow so I should put those on my grocery list...yeah, tomorrow will be a indoor day around here for sure!
Maybe I'll make some banana bread?

Good Morning 🐣 please stay warm and cozy in all the snow☃

🙏 to all this Saturday and always. As always, it truly warms my heart to check in each day and read new shares from all of you. Thank you, thank you, for being a Quacker :)

PollyannaMom, pretty picture, thanks for sharing but eek that looks so cold! Please keep warm! Where did you get your birthday tablecloth? I like that you had the same idea to get it. I just ordered this Birthday Tablecloth on Amazon. The one I got, btw, cost $20 which for me is a ton of money but it does make more sense than spending money every single year on a cheap and thin disposable. Plus, in a couple of years, God-willing it will be an extra special birthday for dad so an extra blessing to have made this investment now :)I got a larger size than we need because it was cheaper than a smaller size. I think it's bright, cheerful, and relatively simple too. What do all of you think? :)

Prayers to all extra house hunting especially right now during Covid!

Saturday cheer all-around.

I'll check back later.

Good morning everyone!
Its a balmy 9 degrees outside, but the sun is starting to come out, supposed to get to 33, so it will melt more snow. Hang on to your ice skates, all of you who live to the eastern side of MD. We are going to get rain tonite and into tomorrow, but you are supposed to get freezing rain :(

Plows were out all nite again here sanding, salting, spraying calcium chloride or whatever its called, so our road is totally dry and black top this morning. The outside cats all came to eat, but what little wet food was left in the dishes 5 min later when I went out to pick them up, was already almost frozen solid..that was fast!

No big plans for the day except football, again. I am glad the regular season and playoff games are almost done..then it's the SuperBowl and I don't have to watch football again till October, or whenever it starts up again.

Both of my Chewy orders are out for delivery, thankfully. Just checked Chewy and every single Friskies variety pack is out of stock, and a lot of the 24 can trays of it are also out of stock. Luckily the flavors our cats will eat are still available, so I ordered 4 more, 2 of 1 flavor, and 2 other different ones. So all of the cats has better not decide that they don't like them anymore, lol. It's either eat what I can get, or eat dry food, or wait till the next feeding time! We are going to be in a bind if they don't start getting more of it in stock :(

Have a nice day to all of my QUACKer family!

View attachment 636935

I'm hoping the rain will wash away some snow but not counting on it.
My Chewy order arrived sometime yesterday and meanwhile I ordered more cat cans from Chewy which are now scheduled for Tuesday.

This morning I fed the Blue Buffalo. My Norwegian Elkhound used to eat this brand before she passed and seemed to like it. But, DD's male and the Persian said no thanks. My other male is eating his Pro Plan UT food.

And outdoor KittyKitty ate every bit of what wet I gave him. He saved the dry and came out a little bit ago to eat some dry while I was handwashing some dishes.

A lady who works for a pet food company suggested Beyond so I ordered a dozen of those to try out. I was also able to get the usual ones they eat. She reminded me that pet food is marketed to humans not to pets. So if the proper nutrition is there and the pet will eat it, your good to go.

New DW is scheduled to arrive next Saturday and I can't wait to get it here and installed. I have some thoughts on this. It takes me about an hour a day to wash dishes 3-4 times for 2 people and 4 cats and 1 dog. I cut it down by using some paper plates which are not normally in my house. But I can't leave the stuff sitting around, and I miss being able to just put a few things in the machine where they are out of sight and run it after dinner, so I'm washing dishes all the time! My hands now need lotion.

I'm hoping the rain will wash away some snow but not counting on it.
My Chewy order arrived sometime yesterday and meanwhile I ordered more cat cans from Chewy which are now scheduled for Tuesday.

This morning I fed the Blue Buffalo. My Norwegian Elkhound used to eat this brand before she passed and seemed to like it. But, DD's male and the Persian said no thanks. My other male is eating his Pro Plan UT food.

And outdoor KittyKitty ate every bit of what wet I gave him. He saved the dry and came out a little bit ago to eat some dry while I was handwashing some dishes.

A lady who works for a pet food company suggested Beyond so I ordered a dozen of those to try out. I was also able to get the usual ones they eat. She reminded me that pet food is marketed to humans not to pets. So if the proper nutrition is there and the pet will eat it, your good to go.

New DW is scheduled to arrive next Saturday and I can't wait to get it here and installed. I have some thoughts on this. It takes me about an hour a day to wash dishes 3-4 times for 2 people and 4 cats and 1 dog. I cut it down by using some paper plates which are not normally in my house. But I can't leave the stuff sitting around, and I miss being able to just put a few things in the machine where they are out of sight and run it after dinner, so I'm washing dishes all the time! My hands now need lotion.

My Chewy orders still say they will be delivered today, but when I check the tracking, it says they arrived in Hagerstown at 1:16 am..but nothing furtherthan that. Doesn't say on truck for delivery. It said they would be delivered between 9 and noon, but that time period has come and gone. I guess they will have to deliver it tomorrow, if they don't show up this afternoon.,,but hopefully its not sitting on a truck all nite, if it's going down to 22. I just saw a Fed Ex truck go by, but he was going the opposite way down the street from our house. My cats will only eat a couple of Special Kitty flavors, 2 of the 9 lives canned flavors, and a bunch of Friskies. I just reorganized the big book case I have in the cellar with cat food on it, I have enough for awhile , but am going to keep checking Chewy every day, just in case/ Glad yours got there yesterday.

Where did you get your birthday tablecloth? I like that you had the same idea to get it. I just ordered this Birthday Tablecloth on Amazon.

Honestly, I don't remember where for sure, or exactly how much it was. I bought it in person several years ago - just saw it on sale and thought it was cool to find a reusable one, so kind of an impulse purchase. Maybe Bed, Bath & Beyond???

Anyway, I like the one you picked.

My Chewy orders still say they will be delivered today, but when I check the tracking, it says they arrived in Hagerstown at 1:16 am..but nothing furtherthan that. Doesn't say on truck for delivery. It said they would be delivered between 9 and noon, but that time period has come and gone. I guess they will have to deliver it tomorrow, if they don't show up this afternoon.,,but hopefully its not sitting on a truck all nite, if it's going down to 22. I just saw a Fed Ex truck go by, but he was going the opposite way down the street from our house. My cats will only eat a couple of Special Kitty flavors, 2 of the 9 lives canned flavors, and a bunch of Friskies. I just reorganized the big book case I have in the cellar with cat food on it, I have enough for awhile , but am going to keep checking Chewy every day, just in case/ Glad yours got there yesterday.

Mine usually get routed through Hagerstown also. I didn't watch it much this past week and was surprised it came yesterday.

I'm feeling chilled today, after being outside so much yesterday. Not sick, just like the cold is seeping through this old house. Went to the basement and started a load of laundry. I should find something to cook in the oven, but I've still got banana bread from Thursday.

I'll have to go back through to see what I've missed but I need to share another sad furbaby loss in our family. My dad had to put one of their dogs to sleep yesterday. Xena(like the warrior princess....lol) was an almost 16yo chihuahua....she was my mom's baby. After my mom passed all of a sudden Xena became an old lady...she's been having a hard time walking this past week and Thursday night she had my dad up almost all night whimpering. My dad took her into the vet and they said she had cancer...just like my mom. :sad1: Sorry to be a downer but we could use some good thoughts and prayers as we are all pretty sad about losing Xena but we know she's with my mom again so that's helping, a little.

Cute tablecloth Mona!

Judique, I hear you! We've had to replace our dishwasher four or five times and I always end up handwashing dishes for a couple of months before we get a new one. Handwashing dishes always seems to be worse on my hands in the winter.

Maybe Bed, Bath & Beyond???
I read an article the other day that they were closing some of their stores.

I finished a book this week that I enjoyed reading. There are so many World War I and II books out there that takes place in Europe. This one is about a group of children and their teachers at a missionary school that were placed in a Japanese internment camp in China during WWII.

DD's attorney is not happy about the anonymous tip that was sent to her school. They are going to try and trace it back him since the person who sent it has to leave a name and email address or phone number. Knowing his past history, he had someone else send it. The way he thinks is that the other person will get into trouble, not him.

My sister texted me today that her husband tested positive for Covid. She tested negative. Neither have been vaxed.

@AuntieMe3 So sorry about your families' beloved furbaby Xena. Furbabies also take a loss very hard just like people. You can be sure she is with your Mother now. Prayers for you and your family.

I envision Chris and Jasper together playing just like they used to before Jasper got sick. I am sure they are together and having fun. Our other furbabies are no doubt joining in on the fun.

Mona I like the tablecloth you picked. It will be useful for many years. Nice choice.

My younger DS and I had a very productive day at the house. Junk King came in and took out the big stuff and the price was reasonable. DS vacuumed up the floor and dusted the shelves a bit. We also threw out alot of stuff. The trash bin is again full and it doesn't go out until Thursday. Plus I have 2 more bags ready to go. I brought storage bins back to older DS's house and younger DS brought stuff he wants to save to his house. Bit by bit the house is getting there. Tomorrow back to the house for more cleaning, bringing back more bins, and I may chill out a bit in the quiet and watch TV. We got lunch at a local takeout place that we have been going to for years. They know us well there. One of the counter people knows that Chris passed and always asks me how I am doing and is kind and caring. Today one of the owners told me he just found out about Chris. He said if he can do anything just ask. This is why I want to stay in this area and keep going to the local places we used to go to. The kindness and friendliness is so nice.

My hairdresser Tina had an interesting thing happen. When Chris passed she did his hair and makeup for the wake and funeral. She did it out of the kindness of her heart. While at the funeral home she watched the slide show we had made up of pictures of Chris and the family. We had music. One of the songs was I Got You Babe. Whenever that song came on the radio Chris and the kids would stop what they were doing and dance in circles around the kitchen hugging and dancing. It had to be part of the slide show. I told Tina that. She laughed and cried as she thought it was so wonderful. She was watching Modern Family on Thurs night and a freshpet commercial came on playing I Got You Babe. She texted me at 10:30 at night to tell me she was laughing and crying. Last night she was watching a channel that Chris would watch and she also likes. It is not a real popular channel. She texted me, again at 10:30, to say the freshpet commercial was on that channel and I Got You Babe played again. She told me, Chris is here! He is watching this channel too! She said it was the first time she saw it on this channel. I told her it is a sign from Chris. He is saying Hi and thanking you for helping him when he needed it. I told her she was kind and caring and Chris was letting her know. That is what Chris would do. She knows it is a sign. I love these signs. They give me a bit of peace. I had to smile when she texted.

We had sun most of the afternoon and a lot of snow melted, but a lot didn't. I guess the rain tomorrow will take care of most of it.

My Amazon orders , which were supposed to come tomorrow, came today, and my Chewy orders, which were supposed to come today, apparently aren't as it's almost 5:00. Not sure if they will deliver them tomorrow or Monday.

Mr L is making some kind of concoction for his dinner..ham, chili beans, onions, garlic, and small shell macaroni. I am making myself an Italian drerssing marinated boneless chicken thigh and plain ramen. I don't know how big these chickens were that my sister in law got me 10 lbs of..but they are the largest chicken thighs I have ever seen..usually I eat 2 of them, but I don't think I will be able to finish this one, lol!

Have a nice nite all

I hope you did make and enjoyed your bread, Judique! Good idea to bake a treat to help you feel cozier.

:grouphug: dear AuntieMe3, big, big hug and prayers as well. I'm so sorry, my friend. Indeed Xena is with your mom and they are both restored and at peace.

:grouphug: and much prayer all-around to you as well, Kirby. Prayers indeed extra for your sister and her husband and always, always for a peaceful resolution to such heartbreaking custody battling. Extra hugs to you and from afar to your grandkids, especially.

God Bless Tina along with the kind counter person, Snowysmom! I am truly so thankful you have such caring extended family in those community friends! Hugs, indeed Jasper is having a blast romping happily with his other furry pals old and new and Chris is joining on the fun, too. Maybe so is my Champ.

A surprise earlier delivery is always nice, Lynn. I am sorry though your Chewy order is still delayed. I hope both you and Mr. L each enjoy your dinners :)

Thank you all on the tablecloth, it will brighten up many birthdays to come. I will take a picture of it on the table I set up for my dad next month :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter