Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I'm also having a grilled cheese for dinner, Easyas. I hope you enjoyed yours 🥪 I attached a picture of the Christmas tree for you (and everyone else to see). Dad and I will try to find some mini (and lightweight) ornaments on Amazon to get for it. I'd appreciate any ideas :)

So glad you enjoyed your baked beans, Judique. I hope you also like your new robe when it comes tomorrow.

Sweet dreams, friends.

Attachments

• Our Indoor Christmas Tree 2021.jpg
    Our Indoor Christmas Tree 2021.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 11
Cute little tree, Mona!

You could make some small salt dough ornaments, or these cornstarch ones from Pinterest:
629258 link to recipe.

(I've also seen a baked instead of stovetop version:
1/2 cup cornstarch, 1 cup baking soda, 3/4 cup water - Bake at 175 for about an hour.)

Hanging candies with bright shiny wrappers is fun with small trees too, as is using Mardi Gras type beads - from the dollar store or Novelty catalogs, as miniature garland.

Cute tree. And good ideas @PollyannaMom.

Maybe little bows. My mother had a tiny artificial tree that sat on a shelf. It had small ornaments on it, probably from Dollar Tree.

Looks like we will be celebrating Christmas on the 24th here with both kids, spouses, and grandkids. I will prepare a lunch, maybe meatball sandwiches. That is what works for their schedules. Then church. Christmas morning to DD's house to see the kids Not sure what Christmas day will be.

What a fun idea PollyannaMom! You are so creative, my friend all-around. I'll look into that and at a Dollar Tree if dad goes back to one, too 99 cent only didn't have much today when dad was there. You all know I do not like to ask for things for myself but it would be very special to me to sometime, not necessarily this year of course, have a mini ornament made by one of dear you.

Carol, bows are a great idea, too, thanks. That sounds like a nice Christmas Eve plan, my friend.

I'll definitely share a picture of our tree decorated in some way. I'll also have to take a December picture of Evergreen for all of you to see.

Time for me to go shower before it gets colder and get cozy for the night.

Love to all of you and sweet dreams!

I like the Christmas tree Mona. It is very festive. I like the salt ornaments idea.

I ordered a new fleece for me because my DS's house is so cold. He has high ceilings so the heat seems to just disappear. I also bought an orange sweater and actually like it. It was Chris' favorite color so I feel comfort in it. I just felt like splurging a bit.

It is still cold here but supposed to warm up. Back to the house tomorrow. I think I may take today off and just do my work and then walk. We'll see.

Have a nice day.

Good morning everyone. Back into the 50's today, 60's tomorrow but high wind warnings, eeks,,up to 60 mph. Hope they are wrong! Still no answer from the floor guy, it's now been down for a week, and he still hasn't come back to finish the small things. We will NOT be having him put the new doors in for sure. Mr L says he will call him today if no reply to our texts,,but I have sent 3 with no reply :(

I was going to start cleaning in the cellar today, but I just don't feel like cleaning, so may take the day off.

I got a recorded message at 10 last nite, reminding me of my PCP appt on Monday,,what kind of time is that to call? And then my sister in law sent me a text at 5 (she uses Tracfone), and it came through at 2:15 am waking me up..what the heck?

@snowsymom, I am glad you treated yourself to a new sweater, and if it makes it feel like Chris is even closer, then so be it! You have done enough work lately, please do take the day off and do something that makes you happy!

Have a nice morning all

Edited to add-I texted the floor guy around 7. Asked him to be kind enough to reply. I was just picking up the phone to call him, when he replied to the text. Saying that his truck is still broken down, he can't get the hub off..that he will get to 'our stuff' when he can. I still find it rude that he didn't reply to texts from the last 2 days, or pick up the phone and tell us why he wasn't coming back yet to finish?

Oh and I bought a new robe on Amazon before I went in the hospital..its definitely bigger (as in way too big for me now) and long enough. Here is the link to it if anyone wants to check it out (as in Mona and @Judique)---https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KLRZ7PS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What the heck..I paid $24.99 for it a month ago..and now the price is $46.99?? I know prices went up..but thats almost double!!

b37bb4d9f65bf07888ac6476316cfb09--daily-quotes-nice-quotes.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning.

We decided to go to Longwood this morning to see it in the daylight. We do have evening tickets for next Friday, which is good, because the evenings are all sold out. Early morning are no problem to get.

@easyas123, this is for you. I see things on Facebook and I know you don't have it so thought I'd share. Wish I had known before we were down there last weekend. Not sure we will drive down again. Saunders Christmas Light display

I just felt like splurging a bit.
As you should. You need to take time for you.

@easyas123, this is for you. I see things on Facebook and I know you don't have it so thought I'd share. Wish I had known before we were down there last weekend. Not sure we will drive down again

Thanks for the heads up! That's right down the road from us...we were supposed to go to St. Michaels for the boat parade (eldest is in it) but due to weather tomorrow night they changed it to tonight, but we can't make it tonight.

Edited to add-I texted the floor guy around 7. Asked him to be kind enough to reply. I was just picking up the phone to call him, when he replied to the text. Saying that his truck is still broken down, he can't get the hub off..that he will get to 'our stuff' when he can. I still find it rude that he didn't reply to texts from the last 2 days, or pick up the phone and tell us why he wasn't coming back yet to finish?

Your husband should volunteer to come pick him up to finish the work :lmao: Seriously though - how frustrating. I hope he gets it done soon, hopefully so long as you still owe him $$$ he's come back to finish it to get paid!

We've got a fair bit of running around to do Saturday after husband climbs out of his tree stand, I expect we'll be gone most of the day. Sunday we have nothing to do but maybe get around to putting up the tree. I took a roaster out of the freezer yesterday, I think Sunday I will either roast it or stew it in tomatoes & peppers and serve over rice. Then we'll have leftovers for lunch next week. Or I might have lamb chops Sunday and use the chicken for meals at the beginning of the week? Decisions, decisions... We have to make a dent in our Christmas movie viewing as well. So far we've only got Christmas Vacation and Krampus under our belts, we are - as usual- way behind! We always have on White Christmas while decorating the tree and Christmas Story on Christmas Day, so those are already on the schedule.

Off to go figure out what's for lunch -

Happy Friday! 🐥

My new robe is out for delivery through the mail as I type. Truly hoping I like it! Thank you, Lynn for the link. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, my friend :( It looks warm indeed, too. For me, the collar on it wouldn't work because it's too thick and high up. I was hoping for no collar at all--as in a regular T shirt type of neckline. The robe I'm getting appears flat in the front with possibly a smaller bump up in the back, we shall see. ‎Amazon item #: B077FVL87T After hours (it felt like anyway) of searching, both dad and I agreed this robe seemed the best choice. We shall see. Hopefully I'll have a happy and cozy update to share this afternoon.

:grouphug:Snowysmom and :banana:that you treated yourself to the fleece! As Lynn said, if it brings you extra peace, comfort, and closeness to Chris' presence with you, than all the more a blessing it is! My late elderly church friend Dean's favorite color was orange. His wife Sue and I were talking about that last year. I should give her a call :) I remember we had orange table cloths at Dean's memorial service on the food tables at church after the service.

:scared1: Yikes, Lynn that really is price gouging! Also, you are so right, who, especially a doctor's office--yes I know it was an automated message but still--calls at 10pm like that? I'm so sorry the floor guy drama keeps up, what a rotten situation. Prayers for resolution at long last maybe by early next week? I sure hope! Big hugs, my friend.

Enjoy your visit to Longwood, Carol and hooray for lazy Fridays, PollyannaMom :)

I hope you do get to see the Christmas lights and/or a parade, Easyas! I like your movie plan :)

Have a great day, everyone and please stay warm and well!

By Not Allowed I mean that because my now 16 year old doesn't like my decorations for the tree or my other decorations she says they are tacky looking all of a sudden DH has decided that my decorating is clutter so I get no help on getting things into the front room from the storage to put them up. I don't get any help if I should be able to get them up and get the furniture rearranged to be able to put up a tree. When I have confronted him and asked him why he loves 16 year old more than me I get a keep telling yourself that. I know that I would loose the house which is on family land that my great grandfather homesteaded so until I would have some money I just put up with it in hopes that when 16 year old moves out things will change. That or someone outside the house that knows 16 year old will see enough and straighten her out. Best friend does a fairly good job of it for only being a little over a year older but lately has been working so between both of their jobs they have not had much time that their schedules coinside. I am hoping to be able to get in some visits with our former pastor's wife (he passed away a number of years ago not even a year after they retired from the ministry and less than 6 months after they moved back to land his family owned in a neighboring state. She lived there and took care of his mom until she passed away and then after a while bought a place here to be closer to all her sisters moving here shortly before all the pandemic officially started but during the time that there is now some research saying it was already here).
The original tree that we got passed down to us in 2009 which was the one my parents bought when I was in early high school so in the late 80s had gotten so smashed down over the years and half the needles on the tree were missing some of it thanks to a small gray cat that really hated people but was still a house cat hiding in the tree for years growing up. We would play spot the cat who was named officially Leuteninted Rocky Junior Fuzz but who we called RJ for short. She was a fluffy cat hence her last name Fuzz and looked in coloring just like another cat we had called Rocky but that one was a short haired and really sleek so she got junior. She would go and hide in the middle of the tree so even year later there was still gray fur in the tree. How that cat never broke an ornament is beyond any of us that knew her and saw her do this all the time. Most of the time we would only spot her when we would see the tree move ever so slightly and then she would come out and go get something to eat or a drink or use the litter box and find a spot to hide until she decided we were not looking and back in tree. Once in a while we would catch her or see her glowing green eyes staring at us. Between age and the cat let's just say that tree was in better shape.
My parents did upgrade their tree once again after Christmas 2016 because the prelighted one started having over half the lights not working. We got that one to start using in 2017 so I thought we would only have a year without a tree just as we had done for 2008 when we were still in the house we were renting. We did not decorate that year because originally we were supposed to be moving sometime between mid December and Christmas. Which we would have done as our house which is a modular was set on the foundation on December 1 so we would have had the work all completed around December 15. However the single person company that was installing the heating system had a number of customers who were already living in their homes who had lost their heat. We had not given notice on the place that we were renting that we would be moving after seeing what DH's brother's family went through when they moved from the place they were renting next door owned by the same couple. (When you move from a rental you are supposed to give 30 day notice and make the place available the last 14 days of that time to for viewings with 24 hour notice though you can tell them times that do not work for you such as this time won't work because of kids getting off the school bus but this time will work. They got a notice one day when the landlady knocked on the door and told them they had 10 minutes to be out because someone was coming to see the place in 15 minutes. He was at work and his wife was getting ready to go to work (they had a sitter who came over during the 30-40 minutes that neither of them were home) and their kids were 12, 10, and 8 at the time. She ended up packing everything up and going over to parents in law's house a couple miles away to finish getting ready. I could just see the landlady showing up when I had my kids down for naps (we moved in right before 16 year old's 4th birthday and 14 year old was 15 months when we moved so was still taking a nap) so I told DH that we can afford to pay both for a month if needed because my sanity was worth it.
2010 We got the tree my parents had that was purchased when I was in early high school so late 80s and that tree went up for a few years until it had more metal showing than needles. My mom happened to find a prelighted one at a good deal on black friday that year or I am not sure possibly during the shopping actually on Thanksgiving day. All I know is the day after Thanksgiving that year I get a call from my mom saying we got a new tree do you want our old one. DH was not too amused at the cost of getting a real tree each year but we had done that in previous years because it was cheaper than putting money into an artifical tree. (I kept trying to talk him into let's borrow your dad's truck and go cut down one for the cost of a permit which is up to $15 dollars I believe. I loved doing that as a kid until we went with an artifical one due to my sister's allergies. It would be a whole day outing with this guy my dad is good friends with and his family. His kids were a girl between me and my sister in age, another girl just younger than my brother, and a boy that was a few years younger. The really interesting thing is the oldest girl her 2nd daughter is a week younger than 16 year old and her youngest daughter is a week older than 14 year old. Anyways we would go up with a portable stove in the back along with some pans to heat up some soup, some sandwiches and chips, along with several thermoses of hot cocoa and hot apple cider to have for lunch and a number of sleds. Us kids would honestly spend most of our time sledding down amoung the trees giving our mothers heart attacks that we were going to run into the trees while our dad's would hunt for the perfect tree and then hollar for our mom's to come give their approvals before using the hand saw to cut one down for each family. Often there would end up with a few other families going as well. The portable stove would be set on the tailgate of a truck and the soup would be heated up which we would eat out of cups along with our sandwiches. DH said that it was too expensive with the gas. Here is a run down of the tree situation for every Christmas since we got married in 2004
04 Real Tree
05 Real Tree
06 Real Tree
07 Real Tree
08 Mini Tree Only
09 Real Tree
10 Artifical Tree bought in late 80s passed down from parents
11-15 Artifical Tree (see above)
16 No tree as the one we had finally died showing more metal than green needles got given my parents prelight tree after Christmas that year when they replaced it as most of the lights no longer worked.
17 No tree as now 16 year old was nervous about her kittens with a tree and since I was nervous about my decorations I was fine with it for the year with hopes that since they would be about 18 months by the following Christmas they would be settled down a bit more. Did set up the mini tree
18-20 Still no tree when I asked about it I get your decorations are ugly, there is no space for it, ect. (I have a couple of ideas on spacing that would work but need help getting things cleaned so I can move things around. Either the rabbit cage that we turned into a temporary cat kennel when one of them needed stitches and we were told she can't be jumping or go outside. No jumping orders also met no putting her in a bedroom or in the bathroom because trust me she pulled out a number of stitches when she was spayed by jumping on the bed.
We have not put out presents till after the girls have gone to bed for years. This started out as we did not get presents wrapped often until after DH would get off work on Christmas Eve. Then we went through years of everytime we would wrap a gift if we didn't keep an eye on it and on now 14 year old she would proceed to unwrap the gift. We literally had to plan on either DH wrapping gifts for others right before we would leave or plan on having enough paper to rewrap the gift at least once sometimes twice. So not being able to put presents under the tree until late because of having to worry about a cat unwrapping them would not be a big deal.
21 When I asked if I was going to be allowed to put up a tree and decorate this year I got depends. Which means technically I am not being forbidden from doing so but it is up to me to get everything done with no help and since my body won't let me do that I might as well be told your not allowed to. It is not my family telling me I am not allowed to but my body that is telling me forget it if you think you are doing that you are going to pay. Since I have to be able to go and pick up 16 year old from work 4 nights a week I know I can't get to the point where I can barely move to the bathroom.

Good (checks the time) afternoon everyone.

DH is out of town for a required work conference this week. He had to go to Dallas, but decided to drive instead of fly; he thought that might be safer for him. So the company paid for a car and gas = to the cost of the plane ticket; the hotel and food while he's there; we are paying OOP for whatever gas doesn't fit the budget, the hotels he used for the drive there and back (1 night each way), and food during the drive. [DS was going to go, but DH's company said no, due to Covid, so DS stayed home.] When I dropped him at work Monday, we went to breakfast; I had lemon ricotta multigrain pancakes with a lemon curd and strawberries, and they were SOOOO good! I have to figure out how to make them. I have to go pick DH up at his office tomorrow night when he gets in (he's dropping the car there, as they have a contract with the rental company to have 2 rentals cars all the time).

DH got word of his bonus so I went ahead and ordered a fake tree online from Amazon (arrived), and I had to pick up some new tree lights, because all of ours are 20-30 years old and I'm worried about them shorting out. So I hit Target and picked them up, along with some boxes of chocolates that the big red guy always brings for the family and some other little things...$250 later and only 3 bags!!!! o_O The price of lights has gone up since the last time we bought them, lol.

We donated $200 roughly online to Toys for Tots (picked out the toys to gift and paid for them); plus I just dropped another $200 in toys and games off at Starbucks, for the local toy drive. Target had B2G1F on a bunch of different toys and games, so I hit that sale.

I could have done more, if I bought smaller things, like packs of Hot Wheels or games like Candyland, but the charities always say they get way too many of those. Tomorrow, when I go grocery shopping, I'm getting $200 in groceries and dropping it in the food bins at the front. DH's bonus is very very very good this year, so we can do this and not feel pinched.

I ordered new dishes! I got these, in 8 colors: Fiesta Bistro Set. We don't need the mugs (we use some fancy schmancy ones, haha) so went with these. Got $30 in KC, so I used it to buy 2 ties for DH for his birthday (Star Wars), and only paid $4.25 OOP for them. After Christmas (or before, if I find a really good sale), I am getting a new vacuum; the one I have is only 4 years old, but when MiL lived with us, she broke the hose, and it's been duct taped together since; plus it is heavy as heck. Any recommendations? I'm also trying to talk DH into a Ninja coffee bar; we'll see how that goes next weekend once the bonus hits the bank, haha.

We're moving at the end of January. Not sure where yet, lol, but we are definitely going on the other side of the river (i.e. back to Jax). We have a specific area we are looking at, but can't make any moves until Jan 1st. Hopefully a townhome or house will fall into our laps at a decent price, lol.

Whew, I 'talked' y'all ears off. It's been a crazy week, and I have 12 days of peace and quiet before DGS#2 gets here...then it will be total chaos until January 20th (when they leave).

Good morning everyone. Back into the 50's today, 60's tomorrow but high wind warnings, eeks,,up to 60 mph. Hope they are wrong! Still no answer from the floor guy, it's now been down for a week, and he still hasn't come back to finish the small things. We will NOT be having him put the new doors in for sure. Mr L says he will call him today if no reply to our texts,,but I have sent 3 with no reply :(

I was going to start cleaning in the cellar today, but I just don't feel like cleaning, so may take the day off.

I got a recorded message at 10 last nite, reminding me of my PCP appt on Monday,,what kind of time is that to call? And then my sister in law sent me a text at 5 (she uses Tracfone), and it came through at 2:15 am waking me up..what the heck?

@snowsymom, I am glad you treated yourself to a new sweater, and if it makes it feel like Chris is even closer, then so be it! You have done enough work lately, please do take the day off and do something that makes you happy!

Have a nice morning all

Oh and I bought a new robe on Amazon before I went in the hospital..its definitely bigger (as in way too big for me now) and long enough. Here is the link to it if anyone wants to check it out (as in Mona and @Judique)---https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KLRZ7PS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What the heck..I paid $24.99 for it a month ago..and now the price is $46.99?? I know prices went up..but thats almost double!!

View attachment 629345

I ordered one from Costco and final price is 11.99. It's similar:

(had to remove link as it led to my info - will try to figure out how to post it without my info popping up)

It starts out at 16.99 and you get $5 off with 5 items that qualify, so I made sure I ordered 5 items.

I ordered the xl but I can fit L or even medium. Just want lots of robe for curling up.

I always order groups of 5 items for the discount. You can return whatever doesn't work so sometimes, I'll order 2 sizes of the same item to try for fit and then take back what doesn't work.

Last edited:
By Not Allowed I mean that because my now 16 year old doesn't like my decorations for the tree or my other decorations she says they are tacky looking all of a sudden DH has decided that my decorating is clutter so I get no help on getting things into the front room from the storage to put them up. I don't get any help if I should be able to get them up and get the furniture rearranged to be able to put up a tree. When I have confronted him and asked him why he loves 16 year old more than me I get a keep telling yourself that. I know that I would loose the house which is on family land that my great grandfather homesteaded so until I would have some money I just put up with it in hopes that when 16 year old moves out things will change. That or someone outside the house that knows 16 year old will see enough and straighten her out.

21 When I asked if I was going to be allowed to put up a tree and decorate this year I got depends. Which means technically I am not being forbidden from doing so but it is up to me to get everything done with no help and since my body won't let me do that I might as well be told your not allowed to. It is not my family telling me I am not allowed to but my body that is telling me forget it if you think you are doing that you are going to pay. Since I have to be able to go and pick up 16 year old from work 4 nights a week I know I can't get to the point where I can barely move to the bathroom.

Wow. I'm only going to comment on this...No one needs to straighten the 16 year old out but the parents. It's mom and dad's job, not the neighbors or friends or pastors job. If the 16 year old wants to be rude and a pain in the behind, then the 16 year old can get herself back and forth to work. At 16, they are not completely helpless, and they should be adult enough to realize that other people have feelings and things to do as well, and should be mindful of that, and grateful for things done for them.

DH and I had a time, where the kids seemed to be getting between us (as a couple). We had to sit down and work some issues out. Love for kids is not the same as the love for a significant other, and neither should be a competition; and if someone is feeling that way, then it's time to sit down with the other and have some serious talks. If that doesn't work, then therapy should be the next step.

If no one else wants to help put up decorations, then you can do it however you like, and if they don't like it, that's their problem. Do what you can, do what you want, and the rest of them can go suck a lemon.

By Not Allowed I mean that because my now 16 year old doesn't like my decorations for the tree or my other decorations she says they are tacky looking all of a sudden DH has decided that my decorating is clutter so I get no help on getting things into the front room from the storage to put them up. I don't get any help if I should be able to get them up and get the furniture rearranged to be able to put up a tree. When I have confronted him and asked him why he loves 16 year old more than me I get a keep telling yourself that. I know that I would loose the house which is on family land that my great grandfather homesteaded so until I would have some money I just put up with it in hopes that when 16 year old moves out things will change. That or someone outside the house that knows 16 year old will see enough and straighten her out. Best friend does a fairly good job of it for only being a little over a year older but lately has been working so between both of their jobs they have not had much time that their schedules coinside. I am hoping to be able to get in some visits with our former pastor's wife (he passed away a number of years ago not even a year after they retired from the ministry and less than 6 months after they moved back to land his family owned in a neighboring state. She lived there and took care of his mom until she passed away and then after a while bought a place here to be closer to all her sisters moving here shortly before all the pandemic officially started but during the time that there is now some research saying it was already here).
The original tree that we got passed down to us in 2009 which was the one my parents bought when I was in early high school so in the late 80s had gotten so smashed down over the years and half the needles on the tree were missing some of it thanks to a small gray cat that really hated people but was still a house cat hiding in the tree for years growing up. We would play spot the cat who was named officially Leuteninted Rocky Junior Fuzz but who we called RJ for short. She was a fluffy cat hence her last name Fuzz and looked in coloring just like another cat we had called Rocky but that one was a short haired and really sleek so she got junior. She would go and hide in the middle of the tree so even year later there was still gray fur in the tree. How that cat never broke an ornament is beyond any of us that knew her and saw her do this all the time. Most of the time we would only spot her when we would see the tree move ever so slightly and then she would come out and go get something to eat or a drink or use the litter box and find a spot to hide until she decided we were not looking and back in tree. Once in a while we would catch her or see her glowing green eyes staring at us. Between age and the cat let's just say that tree was in better shape.
My parents did upgrade their tree once again after Christmas 2016 because the prelighted one started having over half the lights not working. We got that one to start using in 2017 so I thought we would only have a year without a tree just as we had done for 2008 when we were still in the house we were renting. We did not decorate that year because originally we were supposed to be moving sometime between mid December and Christmas. Which we would have done as our house which is a modular was set on the foundation on December 1 so we would have had the work all completed around December 15. However the single person company that was installing the heating system had a number of customers who were already living in their homes who had lost their heat. We had not given notice on the place that we were renting that we would be moving after seeing what DH's brother's family went through when they moved from the place they were renting next door owned by the same couple. (When you move from a rental you are supposed to give 30 day notice and make the place available the last 14 days of that time to for viewings with 24 hour notice though you can tell them times that do not work for you such as this time won't work because of kids getting off the school bus but this time will work. They got a notice one day when the landlady knocked on the door and told them they had 10 minutes to be out because someone was coming to see the place in 15 minutes. He was at work and his wife was getting ready to go to work (they had a sitter who came over during the 30-40 minutes that neither of them were home) and their kids were 12, 10, and 8 at the time. She ended up packing everything up and going over to parents in law's house a couple miles away to finish getting ready. I could just see the landlady showing up when I had my kids down for naps (we moved in right before 16 year old's 4th birthday and 14 year old was 15 months when we moved so was still taking a nap) so I told DH that we can afford to pay both for a month if needed because my sanity was worth it.
2010 We got the tree my parents had that was purchased when I was in early high school so late 80s and that tree went up for a few years until it had more metal showing than needles. My mom happened to find a prelighted one at a good deal on black friday that year or I am not sure possibly during the shopping actually on Thanksgiving day. All I know is the day after Thanksgiving that year I get a call from my mom saying we got a new tree do you want our old one. DH was not too amused at the cost of getting a real tree each year but we had done that in previous years because it was cheaper than putting money into an artifical tree. (I kept trying to talk him into let's borrow your dad's truck and go cut down one for the cost of a permit which is up to $15 dollars I believe. I loved doing that as a kid until we went with an artifical one due to my sister's allergies. It would be a whole day outing with this guy my dad is good friends with and his family. His kids were a girl between me and my sister in age, another girl just younger than my brother, and a boy that was a few years younger. The really interesting thing is the oldest girl her 2nd daughter is a week younger than 16 year old and her youngest daughter is a week older than 14 year old. Anyways we would go up with a portable stove in the back along with some pans to heat up some soup, some sandwiches and chips, along with several thermoses of hot cocoa and hot apple cider to have for lunch and a number of sleds. Us kids would honestly spend most of our time sledding down amoung the trees giving our mothers heart attacks that we were going to run into the trees while our dad's would hunt for the perfect tree and then hollar for our mom's to come give their approvals before using the hand saw to cut one down for each family. Often there would end up with a few other families going as well. The portable stove would be set on the tailgate of a truck and the soup would be heated up which we would eat out of cups along with our sandwiches. DH said that it was too expensive with the gas. Here is a run down of the tree situation for every Christmas since we got married in 2004
04 Real Tree
05 Real Tree
06 Real Tree
07 Real Tree
08 Mini Tree Only
09 Real Tree
10 Artifical Tree bought in late 80s passed down from parents
11-15 Artifical Tree (see above)
16 No tree as the one we had finally died showing more metal than green needles got given my parents prelight tree after Christmas that year when they replaced it as most of the lights no longer worked.
17 No tree as now 16 year old was nervous about her kittens with a tree and since I was nervous about my decorations I was fine with it for the year with hopes that since they would be about 18 months by the following Christmas they would be settled down a bit more. Did set up the mini tree
18-20 Still no tree when I asked about it I get your decorations are ugly, there is no space for it, ect. (I have a couple of ideas on spacing that would work but need help getting things cleaned so I can move things around. Either the rabbit cage that we turned into a temporary cat kennel when one of them needed stitches and we were told she can't be jumping or go outside. No jumping orders also met no putting her in a bedroom or in the bathroom because trust me she pulled out a number of stitches when she was spayed by jumping on the bed.
We have not put out presents till after the girls have gone to bed for years. This started out as we did not get presents wrapped often until after DH would get off work on Christmas Eve. Then we went through years of everytime we would wrap a gift if we didn't keep an eye on it and on now 14 year old she would proceed to unwrap the gift. We literally had to plan on either DH wrapping gifts for others right before we would leave or plan on having enough paper to rewrap the gift at least once sometimes twice. So not being able to put presents under the tree until late because of having to worry about a cat unwrapping them would not be a big deal.

I'm really trying to consider how I respond to your reply, because almost anything might come off as being judgmental and it would be extremely easy to go there, even with the best of intentions.

So, I'm going to take a page from @flyingdumbo127 's book and wish you well and to take care of yourself and enjoy what you can during the holiday season.

And since getting a tree is still up in the air for you - I really hope you get one and get some decorating done as a family - I'm searching the internet for one for you:

I like this one! It is colorful and seems to have lots of needles, along with something sweet just for you! Hope your Christmas turns out lovely!

Back from Longwood. It was a nice trip. Different looking at things in the daylight. Then we went to lunch at Purebread Deli which was very good. Now I think I will make some cookie dough and bake some cookies to freeze for Christmas.

@Biance and Bernard, your credit card got a work out. How generous of you to donate all those toys and food. I also have Fiesta Ware dishes in 8 different colors. DH got them for me as a Christmas gift 10-15 years ago. And I have a Shark vacuum cleaner after many years of Kenmores, and like it.

And @sweetpeama, just wow.

I'm really trying to consider how I respond to your reply, because almost anything might come off as being judgmental and it would be extremely easy to go there, even with the best of intentions.

Well said.

I've found myself at the end of my work day with more work day left, if that makes sense:tilt:, that is to say I've caught up on my paperwork and even cleaned my office, a miracle itself in that I can see my desktop again! But we've got a solid hour left here so I thought I'd pop on the DIS for a bit. I found Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas on Amazon Prime, so that was a win. My BIL put Disney + on our TV but we couldn't find it on there. If you are a fan of the old school Muppets and haven't seen it, I highly recommend it ESPECIALLY the outtakes at the end.

The sun has come out here, and it's shining bright although there are clouds in the distance. Tomorrow is supposed to be 70 & rain in the afternoon while Sunday is supposed to be 48 and cold. Maryland always has such fun weather as it transitions from season to season.

I ordered (almost all) the seafood we needed for the holiday from my seafood gal, she'll deliver it next week. The rest I'll pick up as needed. As it stands right now, youngest & girlfriend will be home for the weekend prior to Christmas. BIL & SIL & niece will pop over early Christmas Eve afternoon for a bit after brunch with SIL's folks. They'll stay a hour or two, and then my husband and I will have a quiet Christmas Eve to ourselves. Christmas Day eldest and girlfriend will come over late morning or mid day to spend the afternoon and have dinner. The 27th & 28th youngest will be back home for his traditional Christmas meal of roast duck, as he asked me to make crab bisque the weekend he brings his girlfriend over. I'm going to try my best not to make to much food, I usually do and I want to get better at making the right amount, not way to much. I need to draw up some menus & lists and get myself in order for a proper grocery shop soon I suppose. We have zero plans for the New Years Eve, which is the same plan I make every year! We don't go out or stay up or anything. By that time I'm done entertaining haha!

I think dinner will be the last of the stuffed peppers from the freezer for my husband, and I'm not sure what for me. We usually eat the same thing but I'm not a fan of stuffed peppers. Tomorrow we will still be out so I think we will indulge in a late lunch.

I think I'll go down to the kitchen area and take out the trash. Have a nice afternoon everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter