Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning all. @easyas123, add me to this list of QUACKers saying sorry to hear that you both got Covid. I hope you are fully recovered by Christmas

Its frosty outside at 28, light snow on the top of the car. Going to be 43 so it won't last long. Just fed all the cats, filled the bird feeders, put warm water in the birdbath and in the cats water bowl.

Today is glaze my cookies, get Mr L off his butt to help with the sugar ones, gather trash and make grocery list.

Have a nice morning all,,feel better to those of you needing it, and Blessings to everyone!

807e5160a4592d099a41a67f66b3b78a.jpg

Happy Tuesday morning! :dog:

Headed to the grocery store after work today, need to get my regular groceries for the next 2 weeks in addition to what I'm making on Xmas Eve. Worked all weekend (night shift) so my sleep was all messed up Sunday. Slept for 4 hours in the morning and for some reason I couldn't sleep when I went to bed at night. I was up until 1:30 am! :oops: Thankfully I work from home on Mondays because I could not stay awake. I got up at 7:00 to clock in and I fell back to sleep from 7:30-9:30. I was praying nobody emailed me about something that needed an answer, luckily they didn't.

Made a pizza casserole with meatballs in the crockpot last night. Huge fail! :sad2: That recipe will be deleted off my Pinterest board :stir:. Not much is happening with me today. Guess I'll get back to work. Hope everyone has a good day today. Stay warm!!! :cold:

Happy Tuesday morning 🐥

Prayers this day finds each of you happier and healthier (if need be), too!

I'm so grateful to God that dad finally realized last night that it would not be a safe or smart idea to travel almost two hours each way tomorrow to visit with some family he is closer to (I'm not) who are briefly coming in from out of state. He's going to find out (thinks they will be anyway) if he can briefly say hi near to us instead.

Have any of you watched House Hunters Ho Ho Home? It's over the top that's for sure! I only saw one episode and felt like the family missed out on decorating their own tree with their own memories. Definitely a different show! Prefer Hallmark movies which I will watch some of one today :)

Love to all!

Good morning everyone. We had our December 4-H meeting last night along with our Christmas Party. For a group of mainly young kids who know little to nothing about parlimentary procedure and have to be prompted on how to make a motion and how to do a 2nd it went well. They are already wanting to start planning for either an expansion to our coat and belongings (cakes, glasswear earned at a couple of the games along with the occasional goldfish earned at a game) check or start a 2nd booth. I had to reel that one in a bit since there won't be this event until November of 2022 and we can do more planning in September. Lots of discussion on some fundrasing ideas that would be just for our club and not required county ones. The two that are showing up now as the favorites are a board games competition and a cupcake war with a favorite photos contest running close behind.
We ended the evening with a Christmas party that included some light snacks of a meat and cheese tray, some vegetables and dip, and some apple cider. The kids rolled and cut out sugar cookies and then decorated them along with doing a gift exchange that was mainly gift cards as most of the families have young children and that was the easiest thing for them to pick up for an age range that ranged from 5-16 plus we had an extra gift so the 2 year old sibling of one family was able to have something as well. The other family with children not old enough to be either a member of the regular program or the junior program had them stay home with the parent who did not come and the one famlies 2 or 3 month old baby really wasn't going to care. We did use a store bought sugar cookie dough in the interest of time but the kids just wanted to cut out and decorate their cookies.

Christmas sure is a lot of work, isn't it? I'm so tired! It's partly my fault, I guess, I fuss too much. That us what my family tells me, anyhow.
It has always been such a magical time for me and I want it to be that way for those around me.

Shopping is done ( except produce), wrapping is done, decorating done. Tomorrow I am going to bake a few batches of cookies. Thursday will be cleaning, last minute run to store, etc. Friday the celebrating begins :stitch:

I hope you all are enjoying the holiday preparations

@easyas123 I'm sorry to hear you're sick. If you might remember, the 3 of us in our house were sick at this time last year and it really put a damper on the lead up to Christmas. Ugh....makes me so upset we are still having to deal with this and some people's attitudes regarding everything. :sad2:

It has always been such a magical time for me and I want it to be that way for those around me.
I feel the same way...Christmas wasn't much growing up so I try to make the most of it for my family now. I'm sure they couldn't care less but I want them to enjoy it.

I never got around to making my sugar cookies last night. LOL We went to Best Buy after DD was finished with work and then picked up Red Robin which was disappointing and now reminds me I need to do my survey on the receipt. DD got chicken tenders and fries(called clucks and fries on the regular menu). She got 4 small tenders and about, no joke, 10 fries...looked like a kids meal, which is definitely not what we ordered. It's not close to the house so I didn't want to go back and I was too annoyed last night to call and complain. Actually went to bed before 10p, which is rare for me but I was still annoyed and tired....lol

Got up this morning when DD got up for work, I got ready and was out ofthe house by 9a. Had some returns to make and got a couple more gifts, Walmart, did a Target pick up and stopped by Petsmart for some more food I found that Bingo seems to be enjoying. He hasn't been wanting to each much, just once a day when he's used to twice but he this new food this morning so wanted to grab some more to get is through the weekend at least. We are spending a fortune right now on dog food but I know it's not for much longer and I'm thankful we can afford it.

I still need to go to the grocery store but will do that late tonight...it was ready too busy when I got over there this afternoon. I just got home at 2:30p so I'm zonked....lol After I sit a minute(as I like to tell my daughter....:laughing:) I'm going to start wrapping.

Oh I even stopped by a restaurant to make an order for pickup on Christmas Eve....its a new taquito shop in town, my sister and I have been really wanting to try it. We'll have those taquitos plus all the fixings, my sister is going to make some fideo(which is like a Mexican pasta dish I guess...lol), I'm making beans and I'm going to buy some tamales too. I've decided to skip Costco and just get what I need at the regular store. I've seen posts on our local FB group about the lines at Costco and I just don't want to deal with that.

So tonight I'll grocery shop, tomorrow I'll clean, Thursday I have a nail appt in the morning and then it will be a baking day. Friday my sister and niece will be here. So nuts Christmas is already almost here and will be over before we know it.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Older DD (42) got admitted to hospital this afternoon. She is being treated for a UTI of all things!

She first saw the doc last Friday and got an antibiotic. By Sunday she wasn't better so she was changed to something else. Today she went back and they admitted her. She's had fever, chills and has been generally miserable.

This time they are keeping her overnight to do IV meds.

Considering the times, I was skeptical that it was a UTI. But, she has been tested several times and is negative, plus she is vaccinated. And I'm not a doctor.

So we will see what tomorrow brings.

Can't say I'm much in the Christmas spirit right this minute.

:grouphug:Judique and big prayers for your DD and for you, as well! I truly hope tomorrow will find her feeling a ton better and that you both are able to rest some tonight.

The pink robe came this afternoon. I would recommend it to any of you looking for a long and warm robe and who (unlike me) don't have an issue with collars. The only possible concern is that the material might cause pilling after a wash not sure but it's definitely very warm! I decided to order the night shirt in one size bigger so that the sleeves will be long enough for me. I was able to get it in the purple I had originally wanted plus at a much cheaper price than the original blue one. Dad will return to our UPS store both the blue night shirt and pink robe--one trip!

Dad got me a very kind and personalized Christmas gift that will come in the new year but that's okay. He had been wanting to get me a Christmas mug for when we share hot chocolate. I have a bigger mug and needed just a lighter, smaller one. We decided to once and for all try Zazzle because a kind representative gave me free shipping plus there was a 10% code on mugs. My Christmas mug It's special to me because dad chose it! I had begun earlier to look at mugs and mentioned a cute snowman choice as a possibility. He looked at a ton of choices and came to this one on his own. It'll say "Merry Christmas, Mona" on one side and "Mona's Hot Chocolate" other in red. Now, we will each have special mugs (I got him a birthday mug this last year) from one another which is sort of like what I am hoping to do with future ornaments and more so pictures of the two of us one great day post plague. I cherish all moments, of course, with him. We are so blessed.

We are getting closer to Christmas! I look so forward to worship services online on Christmas Eve--thank you, as always, Carol. Extra prayer and reading from Luke. It will be fun to give dad his wrapped stocking ornament surprise, too.

Hugs and sweet dream wishes to all of dear you!

Glad you are doing better Easy!

Have any of you watched House Hunters Ho Ho Home?
I watched most of one the other night. I definitely did not care for the show.

Older DD (42) got admitted to hospital this afternoon. She is being treated for a UTI of all things!
Prayers for your daughter.

Worked some in the office today. Made sure I got payroll done since it's a short week for the guys.

Met a friend for lunch at a local diner. I just love their coffee and drank way too much that I had heartburn from it this afternoon.

Santa came to visit the GK's this evening. He was so good with them, stayed a whole 30 minutes just sitting and talking to them. And his beard was real, which was nice. DD got a great deal, only $40.

Safely in DC checked into hotel. This is the first time we’ve been spontaneous like this.

Walked over to the White House and Ellipse and saw the National Christmas Tree and the state trees. It was cold and drizzly so we walked back and got dinner in the hotel restaurant. Now settled in our room for the night.

Older DD (42) got admitted to hospital this afternoon.
Sorry to hear that. Hope she feels better soon.

Last edited:
Good morning all. Mild outside at 40, but very very windy. Almost had the door pull out of my hands when I went out to feed the cats and take the trash down.

Will be braving the grocery stores early this morning,,trying to beat the crowds and get what we need.

@Judique, hope your daughter is better soon. My niece had the same thing. They kept telling her the UTI test was negative, but turned out she had a very bad one. They gave her antibiotics for almost a month before she finally got rid of it. Hopefully they will only keep your daughter a day or so, and that she will be home for Christmas..

@Breezy_Carol glad you took the spontaneous trip, beautiful picture of the tree you posted. Enjoy your stay

Have a nice Wednesday all..Christmas is only a few days away!

R.jpg

Happy Wednesday! :earboy2:

I had to come in to the office today but I'm wondering if anyone else is coming in. Normally I get in around 7:00 but today I decided to go in a little later since I knew my boss wouldn't be in. Got here at 8:30 and I plan on leaving by 2:30. All my work is done through email so there isn't any reason for me to come into the office. My boss told me yesterday that him and his wife tested positive for COVID so he's at home all this week and on vacation next week. Maybe after this he'll let us work from home most of the week for now on. We aren't allowed to eat together, only one person per table, we have to wear out masks at our desks, and the shuttle buses have seats blocked so people are spread out. After all this, the hospital still isn't making people who could work from home do that, it's up to our managers.

Went to the grocery store yesterday after work. I was so happy that when I went 2 weeks ago, I only spent $65 for the two of us. I decided that I shouldn't need to spend more than $100 for us. Well, that didn't work out for yesterday, $240 later my cart was full. I chalked that up to having to buy extra things for Xmas dinner, a work party and for some reason, I forgot to add the cat food to my Chewy order last month so I don't think I have enough until the next order.

Watched a new show that was on NBC last night, American Auto. The show doesn't officially start until January but they showed the first episode last night. It was pretty funny, I'll watch it when it starts again.

That's about it for me. Someone else actually strolled into the office, guess I have to look busy. :surfweb: Have a great day!

@footballmouse We watched American Auto as well. It was pretty funny; a little crass, but that doesn't bother us. (For those who are a bit more selective, there is a comment in the show regarding a slang word for a female body part, and the actual body part is referred to as well.)

Did a pickup order at Target, went to the post office for the last two ebay packages I was expecting, and hit Starbucks and Fresh Market. Then I Went to Publix for a few last minute things... Zero eggnog, zero Pillsbury ornage rolls. 😢 That's three Publix in the last 3 days that have been out of both those items. I'm doing a pickup order at Walmart for them this afternoon; they had some BinaxNow tests in, so I ordered 2 sets, hoping they make it to the order!

My last two mugs for this set came in this morning. DD#2 had started getting them for me, but missed the 'general' Mt Fuji (in the middle) and the autumn Mt Fuji; so I bought them on Ebay.

I also ordered these on Ebay, since I won't get down to get them in person. Got the ornament size, though.

Dh is working from home today and tomorrow; today because I needed to get things done before he goes to get DD from the airport this evening; and tomorrow because no one is in the office, and he can get work done here. (also, so DD or I can have the car if needed...) I can't wait until they get here.

Today for lunch is pecan crusted chicken breasts and some veggies. Tonight, we're having those premade salads (idk, Poppyseed, Southwest, and one other one) and crab cakes/salmon cakes/shrimp cakes.

I have to go cook lunch, get laundry going (our bedding and the sheets/pillowcases/blankets for DD), vacuum, and sweep and mop all the floors. So exicted to see the grandson!!! (he pointed out to me that he is NOT A BABY ANYMORE MIMI; and that I need to call him grandboy. 😄

Wednesday Hug and cheer to all!

I love the pictures posted this morning, thank you friends :)

Continued safe travels, Carol, what a beautiful Christmas tree!

Hug, Lynn, wonderful daily picture and blessing of a reminder!

Such cute mugs and creative display of them, B&B.

Extra :grouphug: Snowysmom, Easyas, and prayers for your daughter, Judique, too!

Dad and I are ready to change our kitchen wall decorations. We have our bigger picture that will say "Welcome Winter, Warm Wishes." Now we need a cute small picture (like 4X6 in a 5X7 frame or simply 5X7 in a 5X7 frame). Not finding anything cheerful. Most of the Happy or Welcome Winter pictures are snowed out gray in the background or a very dark blue. I'd appreciate some Quacker suggestions and the same with a Happy New Year picture. Of course, I'll take pictures of our table both in the kitchen and our Christmas card table to share.

I'll check back later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter