Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning everyone. When I went out to feed the cats and birds, it was dry (except for the snow still on the ground from the other day). There wasn't one drop of rain , freezing rain or anything else. Winter weather advisory till noon. When I went out 10 min later to put a birthday card in the mail slot across the street, it hadn't started sprinkling. Temp is 27 so it could be either rain or freezing rain, but I don't think it's going to amount to anything

I never got my Chewy orders yesterday, never got an 'exception or delayed' email, and customer service still insisted that both would be delivered 'by end of day'..well it was 9 pm when I talked to them, and I was 100% sure that they didn't have their drivers out on a Saturday night that late, and in the dark. They wouldn't be able to find anyone's house, lol. Still no email this morning,,I clicked on the tracking links, and now both say 'delayed, delivery pending' but no delivery date. I have to just assume it will be tomorrow if there are clear roads.

@tazdev3225-- :grouphug: for all you are going through. I totally understand some of your frustration, being in the same position with my husband who has all those health issues. I am glad that you went, and I thank you for your report and the pictures. I am sure it's hard for your husband too, which may be why he no longer wants to go. As long as you have someone at home to keep watch over him, I hope you do take some more solo trips. They will probably do you a lot of good. We all need to 'escape' sometimes!

@Kirby said "There were a couple of posts I wanted to like and sad face at the same time " I feel the same way. Parts of some posts make me smile, some make me cry, so I never know which one to put up!

Welcome to our Quacker family, @gja360--I hope you enjoy this thread! We are always glad to see new people posting on it~~I hope your son has a great Star Wars party, post a pic or 2 if you can!

Have a nice day all,,be careful if you have freezing rain, we don't need any more injuries or accidents to happen to any of us!

View attachment 637225

And, my 2nd Chewy order that was due to come Tuesday the 11th showed up this morning. I'm sorry yours didn't come.

And, my 2nd Chewy order that was due to come Tuesday the 11th showed up this morning. I'm sorry yours didn't come.

My sister in laws was delivered this morning..left on her back deck..it was soaking wet and frozen to the ground as they had quite a bit more of freezing rain than we had. We had just a touch, then it turned to rain, and then stopped. Everything started to melt outside, so I cleared more of the driveway and ground outside the back door. So if it decides to rain harder tonite, the water will all run down the drive instead of pooling up by our back steps. I am figuring mine is either still in Baltimore,,or sitting in the local office waiting to be delivered,,hopefully tomorrow..Glad that yours got there!

Thanks all, for your thoughts & well wishes.
Family situation remains unsolved, but we have high hopes for later this week. We'll see how that resolves itself-
As for the other situation, a decision has been made. The hard, heartbreaking one. We'll survive, it's just caught us off guard. We don't have a time frame, although sooner rather than later presumably. Very worried for our other pup. He will also survive, but he's very sensitive so in the short term it will be hard for him. And us.

Thanks everyone -

Hi! We have been away, NYE at WDW then a birthday cruise on DCL with our good friends who were our neighbors when we lived in Ohio.

We came home to ice and snow, but Tom has done a great job of clearing what was left. He has taken Christmas outside decorations down. I have put my crèche collection away, but there is still lots to do.

A friend has sent me this picture of a cardinal and another bird in the snow. You can see the seed in its beak! I wanted to share!

Hi everyone.

I hit post too soon above.

Watched the Ravens lose in overtime. At least that opens up Sundays for us.

Tree is down and everything put away. It’s nice to have the house back but always a little sad to see it go.

DD and family came over for a while this afternoon just to get out of the house. I made beef stew for dinner, so that was nice.

Tomorrow I am helping DH paint at his office.

Decided to lay hooky and watch church instead of going.

@gja360, :welcome: Please stop back.

Another day of househunting.
That was a lot of houses to visit. Good luck.
@COASTIEandMATE, :welcome:

@easyas123, sorry you are having a rough day. And :grouphug:for making the hardest decision.

I am jealous that you can attend the church of your choice
I go to in person church in Delaware or watch online from home (in nearby Maryland.). @flyingdumbo127 watches our service from her home in CA. She is now in our extended community.

A friend has sent me this picture of a cardinal and another bird in the snow.
Both pictures that you posted were very nice.

My sister in law, who lives in WV just sent me this (see attached pic)--it's not a dig if any of you live in WV,,she just thought it was funny and oh so true, lol!
It was a cute poem! My mother grew up on a farm in West Virginia near Elkins. She had some stories to tell. One was that she and her friend used to hang out on her friends front porch and watch the older girls sashay around town. They (my mom and friend) would yell things like "Look at the legs on that table" and "Look at the swing on that porch" annoying them to no end.

Dinner tonight was steak, baked potatoes and ranch style beans. I baked a spaghetti squash just to see what it was like. It's okay, don't know if I will do it again.

Just finished up a work stretch. Crazy busy, with lots of Covid and ”Covid exposure” rooms. Difficult to “don and doff” every time you have to go into and out of a room. Face sore and excoriated from tight masks on and off. Everywhere is short staffed. Was mentally prepared to stay extra to help out, but luckily it didn’t come to that and I got to go home to my bed. 🤕 Looking forward to when things get back to normal, but the feeling is, it may be a while. Staff are really stressed. It worries me. We can’t afford to lose more experienced people.

On a good note, this made me smile Friday!

76E45033-DC55-4071-ABF6-F144E374B32E.jpeg

Originally I had seen this bag and suggested it as a bday gift for DS to give to his gf, as she is a cook of sorts. But it was too big for her tastes. So then I started thinking about it for myself and decided to bite the bullet. I love the black background with the bright colors, it’s different than many of the bags I’ve seen. I looked it up and we had been to food and wine in 2013 and 2015, so close enough! (And honestly I never even noticed these bags at the festivals before a year or two ago.) My DH is a trained chef and has the hat and all, so it reminds me of him, also. Still waiting for wallet to come, but I will get this set up tomorrow! :goodvibes Simple pleasures!

Thanks for sharing your purse stories, I enjoyed hearing them! Funny how some of you don’t use them! I agree that my habits changed when I had twins, too! Needed hands free! At that time I started using a combination purse/wallet that was small. But since they’re grown now, I like having a bigger bag that I can keep my essentials in, and room for my iPad Pro (which is sized more like a laptop) if I want to take it with me (like the other day at the hospital).

I had to look up the term loungefly @ B&B I wasn’t sure what that was. But turns out I have one of those bags, too :rotfl2:I actually bought the DCL one at Disney Springs on our June trip because I needed something smaller and more substantial for WDW as my Vera Disney crossbody wasn’t working anymore for all the things I needed to carry (like a battery charger since my phone’s battery isn’t what it once was, and wipes and sanitizer, etc). So I’ve been using that at home since then, but it is a little small for me so that’s why I‘ve been thinking I wanted something bigger. I’ll still use that for trips, though, as it is a really nice bag, and a tote is too big to take into parks. Lol to the carpetbag, Lynn.

I was also taking pics the other day with the snow. It was so pretty! A few you might enjoy.

5CFE0F6B-91CC-471B-8A73-497DE1FD5F8A.jpeg

9B591982-3FCB-449D-9BEB-9A876A6F1720.jpeg

3F141B33-2D6E-4AF3-BF56-0488A784E403.jpeg

Have more responses, but All Creatures Great and Small is about to start, so will post more later.

Also wanted to share the French Onion Chicken recipe with you guys as we’ve really been enjoying it. Originally saw it on Instagram. I don’t have exacts, but here’s how you do it. You slice up an onion lengthwise and put it in a pan. Then add a can of Campbell’s French Onion soup and a can of beef broth. Add dry long grain rice, and dot with butter. Then put raw chicken on top (can use tenders or thighs), and sprinkle with Lipton’s dry onion soup mix. Add shredded cheese on top (we used what we had on hand) and cover with foil. Bake for one hour and 15 mins. Take foil off and add dried fried onions (the kind you use on green bean casserole) and cook, uncovered, for 13 more minutes. It is so good! (But salty, just a forewarning.) I also thought if I made it again I might add some carrots (and skip the fried onions on top) too. (DD and DH say no to the carrots, but to each his own!) :p

🐥

Quick update. Colds all around our house starting with DH who caught it from a co worker. Of course he had to share with all of us. He is doing much better now.

I am sorry that many of you seem to be waiting for your chewy orders for cat food. Makes me glad that I can usually get either our primary brand which is multi cat or our secondary brand which is paws and claws (both dry) at our my tractor supply store location and if not the other store in the area has it in stock so we just do a quick switch of stores and go the opposite direction to do a pick up. They bring it out and load the 40 or 35 lbs bag in either the trunk of the car of the bed of the truck and we are on our way.

I have found out that Tractor Supply will ship if there is not a store within I believe 25 miles of you and they do carry the friskies moist cat food. If you have not been in one the best I can describe it is an old fashioned general store that sells just about everything from farm equipment supplies, to stuff for both livestock and pets along with clothing and decorations, some toys for the kids and on of the best collections of gardens seeds around short of going to an actual nursery.

Weatherwise we are finally out of the major sub zero actual tempatures and the negartive 30 to 40 wind chills during the day. We have been warming up into the low 40s during the day which means we get just enough of an ice melt that at night when it freezes again we have to deal with lovely ice. I need to have DH get the walk salt and sand mixture out so we have some at the top of the stairs and can use that the scatter across the walk so we don't have to use another of our large sea salt shakers.

Just finished up a work stretch. Crazy busy, with lots of Covid and ”Covid exposure” rooms. Difficult to “don and doff” every time you have to go into and out of a room. Face sore and excoriated from tight masks on and off. Everywhere is short staffed. Was mentally prepared to stay extra to help out, but luckily it didn’t come to that and I got to go home to my bed. 🤕 Looking forward to when things get back to normal, but the feeling is, it may be a while. Staff are really stressed. It worries me. We can’t afford to lose more experienced people.

On a good note, this made me smile Friday!

View attachment 637389

Originally I had seen this bag and suggested it as a bday gift for DS to give to his gf, as she is a cook of sorts. But it was too big for her tastes. So then I started thinking about it for myself and decided to bite the bullet. I love the black background with the bright colors, it’s different than many of the bags I’ve seen. I looked it up and we had been to food and wine in 2013 and 2015, so close enough! (And honestly I never even noticed these bags at the festivals before a year or two ago.) My DH is a trained chef and has the hat and all, so it reminds me of him, also. Still waiting for wallet to come, but I will get this set up tomorrow! :goodvibes Simple pleasures!

Thanks for sharing your purse stories, I enjoyed hearing them! Funny how some of you don’t use them! I agree that my habits changed when I had twins, too! Needed hands free! At that time I started using a combination purse/wallet that was small. But since they’re grown now, I like having a bigger bag that I can keep my essentials in, and room for my iPad Pro (which is sized more like a laptop) if I want to take it with me (like the other day at the hospital).

I had to look up the term loungefly @ B&B I wasn’t sure what that was. But turns out I have one of those bags, too :rotfl2:I actually bought the DCL one at Disney Springs on our June trip because I needed something smaller and more substantial for WDW as my Vera Disney crossbody wasn’t working anymore for all the things I needed to carry (like a battery charger since my phone’s battery isn’t what it once was, and wipes and sanitizer, etc). So I’ve been using that at home since then, but it is a little small for me so that’s why I‘ve been thinking I wanted something bigger. I’ll still use that for trips, though, as it is a really nice bag, and a tote is too big to take into parks. Lol to the carpetbag, Lynn.

I was also taking pics the other day with the snow. It was so pretty! A few you might enjoy.

View attachment 637405

View attachment 637406

View attachment 637407

Have more responses, but All Creatures Great and Small is about to start, so will post more later.

Also wanted to share the French Onion Chicken recipe with you guys as we’ve really been enjoying it. Originally saw it on Instagram. I don’t have exacts, but here’s how you do it. You slice up an onion lengthwise and put it in a pan. Then add a can of Campbell’s French Onion soup and a can of beef broth. Add dry long grain rice, and dot with butter. Then put raw chicken on top (can use tenders or thighs), and sprinkle with Lipton’s dry onion soup mix. Add shredded cheese on top (we used what we had on hand) and cover with foil. Bake for one hour and 15 mins. Take foil off and add dried fried onions (the kind you use on green bean casserole) and cook, uncovered, for 13 more minutes. It is so good! (But salty, just a forewarning.) I also thought if I made it again I might add some carrots (and skip the fried onions on top) too. (DD and DH say no to the carrots, but to each his own!) :p

🐥
thank you for the recipe I am going to try it in my new crockpot!! Love your sweetpea puppy!! We have 2 Doxies... so full of love!! Aloha, Karen

Quick stop in to wish all of you a cozy good night.

Great to see you, Bobbiwoz! Wow love the pictures, thank you. The cardinal and rainbow are so beautiful.

Pea, your pictures are great, too! Love the one of the light filtering in the trees. They are all lovely!

Thanks so much, Carol for having me be an extended church member. I need to finish the rest of today's service tomorrow. As always I enjoyed so much what I did see.

Prayers of health for all in your home, Sweetpeama.

I had a real nice conversation with a friend earlier, great to catch up.

I shall catch up with my Quacker family in the morning :) Sweet dreams, everyone and thank you so much again to all who have replied to my puzzle request.

Good morning everyone. Its 27 outside, but feels a lot colder than yesterday morning, which was only 3 degrees warmer. Wind seems to be blowing quite a bit, which must be making the difference.

@Pea-n-Me I tried that chicken/onion recipe..but I am not an onion lover and it was just too much onion flavor for me. Sorry that you are having to deal with so many covid issues again, must be really hard. Sending you extra love and extra prayers.

No plans for the day so far. Thankfully football is done till next weekend, as I am footballed out. 6 games next weekend then we get a break till Superbowl, and since both of my teams, and Mr L's are all in the playoffs, we have to watch the playoff's.

Dinner tonite will be leftovers, already told Mr L I am not cooking tonite. He has the concoction he made the other nite with ham, beans and macaroni, and I have leftover Italian marinated chicken thigh pieces. Just have to make a salad or something to go with it.

The furniture place where we got his power lift chair last Feb is supposed to call today. The chair is making a weird sound when it goes into the lifting mode, and one side of the back of the chair is noticably tilted to one side. It's under warranty, so she is sending someone out this week to look at it, and order parts if necessary. We paid too much for that chair to have it be doing either in less than a year, (limited lifetime warranty on entire chair), so I am glad that they are honoring the warranty!

Have a great day everyone

89e9190808b31ed7c3293b9778eb0844.jpg

Good morning.

Still laying in bed being lazy, watching the news and surfing the net. Need to get moving to help DH paint front room if his office. Now wish he hadn’t started as office is again, and hopefully for the last time, under contract.

Dinner tonite will be leftovers,
In our house we called that Smorgasbord in Carol’s Cafe. I’d say we have one serving of this, a little of that, and everyone picked what they wanted. DMIL used to always ask us where we were eating dinner because she and DFIL ate out a lot. DH would say Carol’s Cafe.

Have a good day everyone.

AFTER I POSTED, I CHECKED AND SAW TWO FISH THAT WERE OK. I DO NOT THINK THERE WILL BE A PROBLEM!

Best wishes that they fix that power lift chair!

33° here on Cape May. When we were gone the electricity to pond failed, and we hope the fish have survived the time the pond surface was covered with ice. It’s just too cold and dark to see the bottom of the pond to see if they are alive.

Last edited:
Happy Monday! :surfweb:

Kinda of dragging this morning, luckily I'm working from home. Worked 3rd shift all weekend and wasn't sure how to adjust my sleep yesterday so I just kept dozing off throughout the day. Ended of going to bed at 8:30 but I was up a couple of times throughout the night. Finally got up at 5:30 this morning.

I'm kinda late to the game for the QOTD. I like purses, always switched mine out depending on the seasons. While Ds1 was in the Army, I carried a purse that had Army Mom on it. I loved that purse and got a lot of compliments on it. I packed it away once he was done. Ds3 game me my first Michael Koors purse a few Xmas's ago. I use that all the time now, no more switching out. I think the Loungefly bags are cute but I would never pay that price for one.

Haven't cooked for a few days so I think I'm just going to make either BBQ chicken tonight or I might look for something I can throw in the crockpot.

Hope everyone has a good day today. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter