Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

We had snow here near Worchester and now it is raining. Snow plows are out here but not alot of snow. Probably slushy now. It looks like a little snow and mostly rain at my house closer to the coast, but still inland. The wind is blowing. I have to work today so I hope the power stays on.

Chris has sent signs which does soothe my soul a bit. He probably knows how much I hurt and need the messages from him.

Have a nice day.

We don't have to leave the house and I will feed the birds from my deck. Can clean the mess later. Sweep it away when it melts. It's just one corner and the bird feeder hangs over the side but it still gets scattered with seed shells.

Quoting myself. It felt so warm at 34 degrees this morning and most of the snow melted down to a slushy crust, that I walked down to the birdfeeder and hung 2 new full feeders for them. They are happy!

KittyKitty came in instantly as soon as I opened the window. Ate everything and went out just as quickly. But, he stopped and took a good look around as he was eating. He did this a couple of times, I guess surveying for danger. Meanwhile I had fixed my starter breakfast, a coffee and biscotti at 5:30am. Later I will either have lunch at 11ish or breakfast food at 9 or 10, depending on hunger. This is my pattern unless I'm out of my house for something.

Today is my birthday. One of the times it falls on a holiday. My daughter from another mother was the first to wish me a happy day. She misses her own mother who passed back about 5 years ago. I'm now sort of a substitution, I guess, and I certainly don't mind. She's been a fixture since she was 10 years old and lives closer to me than my 2 older kids who are her good friends. She will be 43 next month and I have to remember to get her a small something. It's the thought that counts sometimes.

Hope it has also warmed up a bit for all the rest who were frozen to the core the last few days.

Good morning everyone!

@Judique--- party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

We had about 6" of snow, but apparently had some ice on top of it, as the snow is not light and fluffy like it was last nite, it's hard and crunchy and you have to shovel it off in chunks. I did a path to the sheds, around our car and up to the back steps, a path around the house (for the cats), the front steps, a path down to the bank, down those steps, and did the end of the driveway where the plow left about 8" of snowy crap. I wanted that clear so if it melts at all today (its 30 now, but the winds are starting), and refreezes tonite, I would never get it up. Its clear up about 6' up the driveway. If I feel like it later I will go make 2 paths down the driveway so we can at least get the car up and down if we need to. Tomorrow I will clear more of the area by the sheds. Only had 1 outside cat on the front porch this morning,and only 1 came to the back door. But I see several sets of pawprints going into and out of the shed, and over to the other shed, where they are probably burrowed under there somewhere staying warm. I put more food and water in the wood shed,,and they are smart enough to go look there, lol

Mr L is still asleep,,I am going to make a cup of cocoa and play solitaire on here for awhile.

Hope none of you got too much ice, and that if you did,,that it melts quickly!

Have a nice day!

418be73998932d6706657ebbba3987ca.gif

Today is my birthday.

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!
We had about 6" of snow, but apparently had some ice on top of it
We had a fair dusting before it turned to sleet, then rain overnight. But the wind! Man it was blowing - at one point during the late football game my husband came up from the basement (I was already in bed) because of the racket thinking the silo had come down! Not that we could get that lucky....
It was cold and breezy and rainy this morning still, and as I drove to the office I could see people's stuff & trash blown all over to hell and back, that should be fun to pick up. I felt bad that I had to put the dog out this morning - but we have someone coming to the house to do some work there this AM and he's got to get used to going out again. He's got his own shed - a proper shed! - under the porch and tucked away with 4 dog beds on the floor plus a old blanket or two. I know he'll be fine....but he's going to have to go outside when we are out of town and our niece is babysitting him since she is still going to school M-F and won't be able to come and let him out at lunch. It's not that he's unfamiliar with this routine, he just hasn't had to do it since early December and he's used to having company, and now he's a only dog out there.

I think dinner this evening will be leftovers. I am considering taking the turkey I have in the freezer out to thaw so I can roast it this weekend. No great big dinner plans, rather just to get it out of the freezer since it's been in there since before Thanksgiving. I'll make up soup & we'll have turkey sandwiches and I'll put some of the meat in the freezer for future turkey salad or turkey whatever.

I ought to get my day started -

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!

We had a fair dusting before it turned to sleet, then rain overnight. But the wind! Man it was blowing - at one point during the late football game my husband came up from the basement (I was already in bed) because of the racket thinking the silo had come down! Not that we could get that lucky....
It was cold and breezy and rainy this morning still, and as I drove to the office I could see people's stuff & trash blown all over to hell and back, that should be fun to pick up. I felt bad that I had to put the dog out this morning - but we have someone coming to the house to do some work there this AM and he's got to get used to going out again. He's got his own shed - a proper shed! - under the porch and tucked away with 4 dog beds on the floor plus a old blanket or two. I know he'll be fine....but he's going to have to go outside when we are out of town and our niece is babysitting him since she is still going to school M-F and won't be able to come and let him out at lunch. It's not that he's unfamiliar with this routine, he just hasn't had to do it since early December and he's used to having company, and now he's a only dog out there.

I think dinner this evening will be leftovers. I am considering taking the turkey I have in the freezer out to thaw so I can roast it this weekend. No great big dinner plans, rather just to get it out of the freezer since it's been in there since before Thanksgiving. I'll make up soup & we'll have turkey sandwiches and I'll put some of the meat in the freezer for future turkey salad or turkey whatever.

I ought to get my day started -

We didn't get a lot of wind but it was forecast for quite a while, to include thunderstorms. We were just west of it by a bit I guess from looking at the path. I was wondering if it was going to get to you or Carol because it seemed to be coming up the Bay before and after following the coast.

Good yucky morning.

We got about an inch of snow last night, then sleet, and then rain overnight. The rain washed away all the snow. Flurries this morning but 34 so too warm to stick. Luckily DD had the kids outside in the snow last night so that they didn't miss it.

We didn't get a lot of wind but it was forecast for quite a while, to include thunderstorms.
I saw a thunderstorm warning but if we got it, I was asleep.

I was hungry when I woke up so felt motivated to make French toast. It was good and a change from my usual yogurt and fruit.

Went through all the old school supplies, and packed 3 boxes for DH to take up to the youth center
When I come across shcool supplies, I offer them to DSIL who will often take them to his middle school.

Today is my birthday. One of the times it falls on a holiday.
:bday: @judique:bday:

This year my and DGD's birthdays fall on Presidents Day, DD's on Memorial Day, and DS's on Columbus Day. DH has to make his own holiday. My mother's sometimes hit Mother's Day and my nephew was born on Father's Day.

I did a path to the sheds
Be careful and don't overdo the shoveling.

I am contributing to GRREAT today to participate in the Betty White Challenge. That is where we got our goldens.

Back to emptying the file cabinet. My goal is one drawer a day.

We are up to 31, the sun comes out now and then,,and the wind blows some gusts every now and then, but considering what it could have been, it's not too bad out. I cleared the rest of the driveway with the help of the guy next door..not the pita one,,the one on the other side, lol. His 2 kids were out playing in the snow, they told me they were making a cave to hide it. He saw me shoveling, and after he finished his, he came and helped me finish the driveway. I was taking my time at doing it anyhow. Now everything is clear except the car. The cover has snow on it, so I am waiting till it all melts off before taking the cover off and putting it away. Hoping the sun melts most of what's left on the driveway on its own. They are saying that we will be in the low 20's Thurs and Friday with overnite temps of 3 and 8? Brrrr...

Still haven't seen the other cats out, but the food dish is almost empty so I know at least they are eating. I asked them next door if they had seen the missing outside cat, and she said they haven't seen her for a few days..I guess she's missing and probably won't be back :(

Good Rainy morning here,

It was pouring when I woke up. All sounds quiet now. We definitely need the rain. I'm glad it's stopped though for now.

:grouphug:Lynn.

:bday:to you Judique!

Prayers Kirby that your family all test negative and truly feel better very soon!

A no mail day always feels a bit off to me, not sure why but it does. Maybe dad and I will play a game later, it's a good day to do that.

Wishing all of you a dry and happy Monday.

Well, today has been dragging on with the length of 5 Mondays, or so it seems! It's only 1:30 and I'm sure I've been sitting here for 48 hours.

Made some additional travel reservations for two meetings I have in St. Petes/Clearwater in March. I'll only be there 1 night, so quick down & home on that one. Sent some kids off to Vegas for World of Concrete (yeah..that's a convention!) and their flights got delayed a bit out of BWI but they are on their way now, so no harm/no foul.

According to our local news, things are slightly improving trend in terms of Covid numbers, so that is good to hear. We are still on fence about our trip to Austria & Hungary at the end of March. I don't mind wearing the mask, I don't mind not getting to wander thru the towns as much as we would like (although I don't love it), I'm not afraid of catching IT, I just don't want to have to test everyday. So - still tossing it back and forth.

I think I'll go make a cup of tea - I could use it.

Happy Monday all....we ended up having a busy weekend with our second family. The adults, DH, myself and our really good friends, went out to dinner Friday to our areas only 5 star fine dining restaurant to celebrate our friends birthday. It was so extravagant and yummy...she had king crab legs, I had filet mignon, and the guys both had roasted duck. We also had appetizers, drinks and dessert...so yummy. It was a nice long, relaxing meal in a very empty restaurant...including us, there were only 5 tables occupied while we were there. Saturday, again with our friends celebrating this time with their kids(our DD stayed home)...our friend made his wife lasagna, for the first time from scratch. It was so good, with salad, garlic bread and of course, cake for her birthday. Then we all played a fun card game. Yesterday we just did stuff around the house, I did a ton of laundry, I guess I've been neglecting....lol The sad thing about that is I only do my own laundry...:rolleyes1 DH and DD wanted to order Dennys for dinner so they got breakfast and I got a patty melt and it was so good. I don't like thick patties but this was a perfect proportion of meat and caramelized onions...yum.

@Kirby I hope you test negative but also I hope everyone that isn't feeling well feels better soon. Also I would love to read the book if no one else has claimed it. I'll send you a PM.

:bday: @Judique I hope you have a good day.

@lynxstch so sorry to hear about the kitty.

Sent some kids off to Vegas for World of Concrete (yeah..that's a convention!)
When you mentioned sending people to Vegas for a convention, I was wondering if it was for World of Concrete. :laughing: Thats the reason our friend(from KY)was going to be there and we were going just to see and hang out with him in the evening.
Canceled last week and good thing we did because DH got scheduled to travel up to the Bay Area for work this week into next.

I'm finally able to join him on a work trip again, seems like it's been so long. Our really good friends are also going, while the guys work, us girls will just hang out together at the hotel or explore the area around a little, like we like to do.

Doing more laundry today(towels and sheets today...lol) and them grocery shopping for some stuff for DD and snacks for us to take for the drive and keep in our hotel room.

Sorry if I didn't respond to everyone but know that I'm thinking about you all always...:grouphug:

When you mentioned sending people to Vegas for a convention, I was wondering if it was for World of Concrete. :laughing: Thats the reason our friend(from KY)was going to be there and we were going just to see and hang out with him in the evening.

My People 😂
We were actually out there two years ago for the big heavy equipment conference and flew home the afternoon before the Big Lockdown - airport was unreal.
I'm headed there next month - and I'm not really a Las Vegas person. I don't gamble (nothing against it, I've just got terrible luck) , I do drink but I'm not a party hard type, and I have a hard time staying up late there, even though it's got a weird time-less vibe going on! Although we did go to some ice cave bar at one of the resorts, that was pretty fun. We enjoyed that! It was entirely made of ice, seats and all.

Waving Good afternoon,

I agree Easyas that today feels longer! I'm so glad you have travel to look forward. Prayers you have some fun :) I don't gamble either.

I am truly glad you had such a fun get together, AuntieMe3, you needed some extra joy, my friend.

I'm always extra grateful to God this day because I remember 1-17-94 was the Northridge earthquake. By God's Grace, my dad, Champ, and I were fine. Our apartment at the time ended up being condemned (the entire building was). Extra blessing to be safe, warm, and healthy this day so many years and another lifetime later!

Good evening.

I ended up going to DD's house. The entire family was home. I had something I wanted to see and something to take to them so I went. I played Raccoon Rumpus, a boxed game, and "keep the balloon off the floor." DH was in the middle of a project so stayed home.

I came home and made grilled chicken, baked potato, and roasted zucchini for dinner. Am making good progress on my file cabinet project. DH is also going through his parents' stuff and we have produced more trash than will fit in the can. It's all paper so will just save until the next trash pickup.

Going to knit a little and watch NCIS, then bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter