Question about water(at campsites)

brad813

DIS Veteran
Is the water available at the campsites ok to use for drinking water or does it need purified first? If it needs purified, what would you suggest using to purify it with? I am mainly needing it for filling my water bottle in the morning before I head to the parks, not so much for cooking. I will be tent camping.

Never drink out of the green hoses that they use to wash the sites with. But yes there is a water hookup that would be safe to drink, desirable to drink maybe not.

As Cousin Ed C states, the water is horrible, but it is safe to drink (as PaHunter points out, not from the Green hose though). I have an in-line filter that helps, but it doesn't filter out the sulfur taste.

I use it for cooking, but not so much for consuming. (Drinks, lemonade, etc...)

Thanks for the posts everyone. I have been thinking about this myself. I have a inline Camco water filter. I usually only drink bottled water when im camping and only use the tap if I run out of water.

Is the water available at the campsites ok to use for drinking water or does it need purified first? If it needs purified, what would you suggest using to purify it with? I am mainly needing it for filling my water bottle in the morning before I head to the parks, not so much for cooking. I will be tent camping.

You can always get the free ice water at CS places in the parks when you want it, or if you want your bottle with you, just bring it empty and fill it when you get to the parks. The water is filtered there and tastes fine. That's all we have ever used and don't have to keep bottles with us.

For the campsite, we bring our water for drinking/coffee from home. We have great tasting well water, otherwise we would just buy large bottles for the campsite.

Lol. The water is no better anywhere on Disney property. Florida water is terrible.

As Cousin Ed C states, the water is horrible, but it is safe to drink (as PaHunter points out, not from the Green hose though). I have an in-line filter that helps, but it doesn't filter out the sulfur taste.

I use it for cooking, but not so much for consuming. (Drinks, lemonade, etc...)
Lol. Just a little safer than Mexico (country). Montezuma s revenge. Lol.

There is a drinking fountain in the Laundry Room at the Comfort Station. It's still "florida water" but it's not too bad and it's cold. I use it daily when I tent camp. Enjoy your stay.

You can always get the free ice water at CS places in the parks when you want it, or if you want your bottle with you, just bring it empty and fill it when you get to the parks. The water is filtered there and tastes fine. That's all we have ever used and don't have to keep bottles with us.

For the campsite, we bring our water for drinking/coffee from home. We have great tasting well water, otherwise we would just buy large bottles for the campsite.

I am flying down, but basically wanted to make some cold brew tea overnight for each morning, particularly since I can't drink coffee(medical reasons)

There is a drinking fountain in the Laundry Room at the Comfort Station. It's still "florida water" but it's not too bad and it's cold. I use it daily when I tent camp. Enjoy your stay.

May be a good idea, and I will probably be using a filter in my bottle. Mainly need it to brew tea with overnight.

Lol. Just pretend your visiting Mexico. All over Central Florida,the water taste terrible. Ok to visit but I wouldn't want to live in Florida. We bring bottled water with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter