• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question for CMs or anyone with knowledge, re: gift cards for DD

lovelyk68

Mouseketeer
I am hoping someone can help me. My father lives in Illinois and picked up three adult hoppers and the $50 gift cards for me. I took the gift cards to my local TDS (Laurel Park Place in Michigan) to purchase Disney Dollars. I did not tell the CM (who turned out to be the store manager) that these were part of a promotion and they look just like the cards which can be bought in the store. She stated that they did not allow the purchase of Disney Dollars or Park Hoppers with gift cards. I pointed out that there were no restrictions on the card and in fact, the envelope that it came in says "Works just like cash." She told me that she was the store manager and that it was not allowed. I am wondering if this is corporate policy and if there is an 800 number or something that I can call to inquire further. Thanks for any help.

The policy seems to be remarkably inconsistent from one Disney Store to the next. Some stores are allowing purchase of Disney Dollars and passes with gift cards, while others aren't. I think your point is an excellent one. The gift cards state only that they cannot be used to purchase gift cards. If they can't be used on Disney Dollars or passes, they should say so.

Sorry I don't know where to refer you on this.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I just got back from a local DS here in Milwaukee. Tuesday I bought a 4 day hopper in Chicago and got a 50.00 gift card. I played dumb and told the manager I got it as a gift, didn't know how much is for and really wanted Disney Dollars because I'm going to WDW next week (which I am :) ). He examined the card, read the back a few times and finally said he'd "try" to get it work. About 2 minutes later I walked out with 50.00 in Disney Dollars. :D :D This was a manager at the Mayfair Store. So their policy is not consistent at ALL.

Sorry to hear it's been a problem for some people.

Its official ,stated the CM(manager )at the DS in Orland Pk.Ill at noon today, after purchasing 6-4 day adult hoppers I got to use gift cards GC, for DISNEY DOLLARS, also could have used them to purchase other passes. Yippee......she said they finally got the WORD from Dis. call first, sometimes they run out of them....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter