Question list for the first Kidani guests, now with answers!

....the walking path was so much easier than taking the bus to Jambo House (in fact we never did it this weekend because the walk was so easy). It was a 10 minute walk (not at a leisurely stroll, but not racewalking either) to Jambo....probably the same from an outlying longhouse at Poly to the GCH? Or one end of the Poly to another? Either way, it was not bad AT ALL. And way easier (IMO) than loading a bus just to go next door.

...plus factoring in the time it takes to actually WAIT for that bus....;)

...plus factoring in the time it takes to actually WAIT for that bus....;)

EXACTLY - and that is why we never even attempted the bus just to go to Jambo (we did have to stop at Jambo on our way to the MK, but we never took the bus there specifically to get off at Jambo).

We are planning a huge family dinner. The pictures of the dining room table shows seating for 6. Where can we all fit? Would we be able to request a table from guest services to accomodate us all 12 of us?

Sorry, we were in a studio so I can't tell you anything about the washer/dryer or about the grand villas.

Can anybody tell me what size drink containers you can fit in the frigs in the studio rooms?:confused3 I'm looking to place either a gallon or 1/2 gallon milk container.

I have goosebumps! Thanks for checking in for those of us that have to live vicariously through those of you fortunate enough to be there on opening day....

....me too....:hyper:....[...STILL waiting fer some PIX though....:rolleyes: ]

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but are there Grand Villas at Kidani?

Yes, Kidani has grand villas. They are 2 story villas on the top 2 floors.

And Constant is soooo right....the walking path was so much easier than taking the bus to Jambo House (in fact we never did it this weekend because the walk was so easy). It was a 10 minute walk (not at a leisurely stroll, but not racewalking either) to Jambo....probably the same from an outlying longhouse at Poly to the GCH? Or one end of the Poly to another? Either way, it was not bad AT ALL. And way easier (IMO) than loading a bus just to go next door.

Awesome! I would rather a short walk than to wait 20 minutes for the bus.

Hi all,

I also have a close up picture of the thermostat. One thing I noticed on the therm. was that it wouldn't let me go below 68 degrees and at times it felt a little warm (of course I was burnt, so I was running a little hot). I'll post the thermostat picture later.

yup, there were times I was lying in bed sweating away, but then again I like it cool. My wife was perfectly happy with it being warm.

Is there a report for a grand villa? We arrive 07/08/09!! And CANT wait. Just curious. Saw the pictures, but would like a written point of view.

Is there a report for a grand villa? We arrive 07/08/09!! And CANT wait. Just curious. Saw the pictures, but would like a written point of view.

Are you doing a grand villa? I'm thinking of trying for one when my seven month window opens, although I know the chances will be slim to none that I get one. We are going Dec 12th-19th, and right now I have rooms booked at both of my home resorts, a 2BR at VWL and a 1BR at BCV. I'm looking to switch one of them over at seven months, which is next Tuesday, and I thought it would be amazing to be able to stay all together at a GV.

My other thought was to try for rooms at BLT, but I only have enough points for a standard or lake view doing the 1BR and 2BR configuration.

TeresaNJ - yes we are!! We've stayed in a GV before at SSR and loved it. We just took a chance at our 7 month window for Kidani and we couldn't be more excited.

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it. Maybe I'll be lucky too when I'm calling next Tuesday morning.:)

What about the in room washer/dryers, HE or conventional type?
Our in-room washer was a conventional type (non-HE).

The public laundry room has two conventional washers and one large front-loading HE (which was out of service).

Here are answers to some of the other questions:

Where is the valet lot?
In front of the building at ground level (below lobby level) starting to the south of the lobby and running behind and below the bus stop. The spaces are numbered and there is a security gate at the entrance to the lot.

How does the under building parking access the side of the building near the pool?
You enter the under building parking near the end of the south wing. If your room is in the north wing, you meander along, following the curve of the building, passing under the lobby into the north wing. The Rafiki elevator is located at the end of the second building segment north of the lobby. I suspect there will be one more elevator in the north wing in the Pembe savanna section (Phase 2). There is some outside parking in between the building and the pool. You access that parking from the under building parking. There is no direct access to that outside parking from the entrance road.

How do the pedestrian walkways interact with the roads? Do you need to cross roads to get to the pool?
If you go to the pool area from the Kidani lobby, you do not cross any roads. If you go to the pool from the under building parking area (which you might choose to do if you are staying in the north wing of Kidani), you cross an outside parking area and then walk up a ramp to the pool area.

What portions of the building are still not finished; are all common amenities -- pool, new recreation area near pool, restaurant, store, main viewing area for animals, (others), open?All common areas are open. The entire south wing is open and the first two building segments in the north wing (between the lobby and the pool area) are open.

How long is the walk from the end of one of the wings to the lobby (estimated distance but better, time it takes, normal walking pace)?
The walk from the lobby to the end of the south wing took 5 minutes. It is a very long hallway!

Where is the public laundry room located? Is there the right detergent for it? Is there more than one location? How many machines are there of each type? Are they "HE"?
The public laundry area is near the lobby, just beyond the community hall and the arcade. There are three washers, two are conventional washers and the other is a large, front-loading HE washer which was "out of service"!

What model TV's are they and what jacks are easily available?
LG flat screen TVs. There is a connection box on the shelf of the dresser with many jacks (see photo):
- HDMI Digital Video In
- PC Video In (a 15-pin D-type connector - you can go from video out on your PC to this if you have the right cable)
- Video In phono jack
- Two audio In connectors (white/left channel, red/right channel)
- Audio In, 3 millimeter stereo jack

TV_connections.JPG

TV_connection_box_and_DVD.JPG

If you are staying in a 1BR or larger are the new washer/dryers the conventional type or the newer HE (High Efficiency) type that require special detergent? If HE, do they provide HE detergent?
Our 1BR had a conventional washer. The usual box of Tide was provided.

Close up photo of themostat?
I don't have the override instructions but here is a close up photo of the thermostat:

Thermostat.JPG

I have a long set of override instructions and hopefully one of them works when I visit shortly. I will update this all again in the morning.

Mucho thanks LisaS!

Now about those ice cubes...........:)

I have a long set of override instructions and hopefully one of them works when I visit shortly. I will update this all again in the morning.

Mucho thanks LisaS!

Now about those ice cubes...........:)
I couldn't find any make or model info on the thermostat. But it occurs to me now that I checked the left and right side and the top of the thermostat and don't remember if I looked underneath it. If there is model info on it, it's hard to see.

I'm glad you asked about the ice cubes actually because you reminded me that I did want to mention that we did not have any ice cube trays in our freezer! I didn't see any in the cupboards either but may have missed them. I don't use ice so I didn't do a thorough search. There was an ice bucket in the kitchen and I did see an ice machine down the hall from our room.

I was wondering if all the play areas are WET?
We are going in December with a 3 and 4 yo.
I am a little concerned that the play areas all look wet.
You know kids and water...:rolleyes:
The kids really love the playground at Jambo.
It might get a little chilly in Dec. and there are time we won't want them to get wet.
I am thinking about switching to Jambo...
I just can't decide...
We will be eating at Boma a lot too.
But Kidani is new...
But we love Jambo already...

I'm glad you asked about the ice cubes actually because you reminded me that I did want to mention that we did not have any ice cube trays in our freezer! I didn't see any in the cupboards either but may have missed them. I don't use ice so I didn't do a thorough search. There was an ice bucket in the kitchen and I did see an ice machine down the hall from our room.

So there is no ice maker in the full size frig?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter