Question list for the first Kidani guests, now with answers!

I was wondering if all the play areas are WET?
We are going in December with a 3 and 4 yo.
I am a little concerned that the play areas all look wet.
You know kids and water...:rolleyes:
The kids really love the playground at Jambo.
It might get a little chilly in Dec. and there are time we won't want them to get wet.
I am thinking about switching to Jambo...
I just can't decide...
We will be eating at Boma a lot too.
But Kidani is new...
But we love Jambo already...

The play area at the end with the slides and gym doesn't have water spraying on it, but kids were going through it in their suits, so it was getting wet that way. The rest of the kids area pretty much has water spraying near or on it. I don't remember seeing a play area anywhere else.

I am still looking for information for the GV. Has any one stayed in one yet? Can 12 of us eat at the table at the same time? It doesn't look like it from the pictures. Would like to know. TIA!

I'm beginning to think I'll be the first one to stay in a grand villa! No one has a report? I'll be happy to provide one, but it won't be until July.

I have a long set of override instructions and hopefully one of them works when I visit shortly. I will update this all again in the morning.

would love to know the override step by step process.. I enjoy a nice "cold" :sick: room.. last April I tried wasy to override that that thermostat but it goes back to 68 thank God for the ceiling fan :( :guilty:

I wanted to mention this, because it may be an issue for some people. We stayed in a 2 Bedroom Dedicated Savannah View room at Kidani last week. The room and the view was FABULOUS...if you can request room 7818 I would hight recommend it. We were VERY close to the pool (just down the hall, down the elevator and it was right across the street) and the giraffes were RIGHT OUTSIDE of our balcony each day eating. We were also pretty close to the lobby as well.

IF you like a little bathroom privacy, BEWARE of this fact: The bathroom that is part of the 2nd bedroom (the one with 2Q beds) has only a SLIDING door to it...that does not lock and does not really even close completely and fully. Now we have 3 young kids, so we haven't enjoyed bathroom privacy in quite some time, but it was definitely the one thing we did NOT like about the room. That being said, there is another full bathoom in the main entryway with a completely locking door, so if you needed some real privacy you could get it. I guess I was thinking about those who may have 2 couples possibly sharing a bedroom that you wouldn't feel completely comfortable using that bathroom as a quick walk-by and you could glance right into the crack of the sliding door and get a view of anybody on the toilet!

So there you have it...otherwise we just LOVED LOVED LOVED Kidani. The slide at the pool there EASILY rivals the slide at the Beach Club for it's fun value. It was winding and fast and long and just fabulous. All week we watched plenty of adults hitting the slide over and over again. The games by the pool were fun as well. We enjoyed playing Bingo and Disney Trivia and they had some nice prizes there as well. It may not quite be as much fun as the activities that happen at the Beach Club Pool (since we stayed there our first day/night) but it was still very enjoyable.

OK this may sound a little corny, but I am very interested in seeing pics of BBQ pits/picnic table area, their location comparable to the pool/wet play area. We plan to have a few late lunch/early dinners (around 3pm) here on our park break days. We thought it would be a great idea to be outside "cooking" while the kids were able to play and swim.

BTW...any experience with being able to use these pits at other resorts. Are they usually busy/occupied or have people usually been able to use them when they want.

Time frame - mid June.

The bbq area/sports courts are a walk from the pool. They are across from where you turn to the enterance to the underground parking is. Closer to the bus stops. I wouldn't leave kids at pool and bbq. You def won't be able to see them from there.

The bbq area/sports courts are a walk from the pool. They are across from where you turn to the enterance to the underground parking is. Closer to the bus stops. I wouldn't leave kids at pool and bbq. You def won't be able to see them from there.

oops, guess I misstated myself? Oh no, I would never leave my kids at pool by themselves. Sorry, didn't mean that. There would be an adult with them. BBQing would be a way for someone to cook while the rest of the party would be enjoying themselves..then we would meet up at the picnic tables to eat.

Do want pics

Oh! I gotcha now! That is doable! The only place where I remember the BBQ being close to the pool was at SSR in Congers Park. The BBQ's were right outside of the pool area. It isn't like that at Kidani. It is a short walk over to the sports court/BBQ area.

Love the BC Slide at Stormalong Bay! Glad to hear Kidani compares!:goodvibes

Any pics? Would love to see more pool area/slides/interactive areas "in action"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Can anybody tell me what size drink containers you can fit in the frigs in the studio rooms?:confused3 I'm looking to place either a gallon or 1/2 gallon milk container.

we were able to fit 1/2 gallon milk and 1/2 gallon orange juice in the door, i don't think it is big enough for a full gallon (too bulky) but 2 1/2's worked nicely.

What floor(s) are the Kidani 1 bedroom Savannah views on? I am hoping to stay closest to the lobby and just trying to figure our where the 1 bdr Savannah views are located!

Are their hairdryers in both bathrooms? Also, the washer and dryer, are they standard size?

Thanks everyone, I can't wait!!! :yay: Lisa

Love the BC Slide at Stormalong Bay! Glad to hear Kidani compares!:goodvibes

Any pics? Would love to see more pool area/slides/interactive areas "in action"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi jerseygal

I posted a video of Kidani and just posted a video for Jambo also. It has some of the public areas and slides, interactive areas also.

It looks great around there now it will be even better when the planting grows in and they take down the wall to the savanna.
Jambo and Kidani videos

Hope that helps
Steve

What floor(s) are the Kidani 1 bedroom Savannah views on? I am hoping to stay closest to the lobby and just trying to figure our where the 1 bdr Savannah views are located!

Are their hairdryers in both bathrooms? Also, the washer and dryer, are they standard size?

I would expect that they are on all floors (2-5). There are no rooms on the first floor.

The 1bdrms are on all the floors (2-5). I would request a room near the north elevators if you want to be near the lobby. I don't remember if there was a hair dryer in the 2nd bathroom but there was one in the master. The washer / dryers are stackable, but held a large load of laundry. Not as big as the ones in OKW though.

Hope this helps!

We'll be driving down in a conversion van in July. Will we be able to park in the underground? Or should we just use valet? Where is the parking for RV; that would probably be a good indication of where we'd have to park. Thanks.

56 days! Can't wait.

Katy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter