Question on Cabins

lazarru

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, Just recent discovered these boards as I'm looking to plan going down in Jan/Feb of 2003. Hoping some of you guys can help me out on some questions that I've got.

I'm thinking of going down with the grandparents so it would be 4 adults and 2 kids(18mon and 4 yrs). It sounds like the cabins would work out pretty well for us, espec since our old one would love sleeping in his sleeping bag on the floor.

We are thinking of renting an RV in NJ and driving down. We're thinking it's going to be alot easier doing that then trying to use our van just because there's no way we can pack everything into the van.

1. If we do that and rent a cabin can you park the RV at the cabin?
2. Are there hookups at the cabin itself so that we could hook up the RV or would we need to rent an actual RV hookup?
3. If we have to rent the RV hookup are there cabins and RV hookups near each other or are they far apart?
4. Has anyone else done this? how does it work out?

Thanks for the help, I'm sure as I start looking into this more I'll have more questions but this is a start. Looking forward to using the message board as it seems like everything I could ever need to find is here somewhere.

Answers;

1) yes as long as it will fit in the parking spot at the cabin.

2) There are no hookups at the cabins, you would need a site with hookups for the RV if you wanted to use the RV with its hookups.

3) Typically they are far apart, but maybe you could specify in the reservations to have loops that are relatively close to each other.

One thought. A cabin sleeps 6. Do you even need the RV? I would guess that a RV for a week costs $1500 or more, plus gasoline and tolls. Isn't that enough to pay for airfare from NJ on Southwest ? We got tickets from CT at $198/person without tax, round trip.

Sleeping arrangements in a cabin are;
In the Bedroom, 1 queen bed (sleeps two adults) plus a bunkbed for the two children (sleeping bag not required as full bedding is provided)

In the living room, a murphy bed, that sleeps two adults. Again, bedding provided.

Plus if you need it, a Graco playpen/sleeper would be provided for the 18 month old.

Further, the cabins have fully equipped kitchens, with dishwasher, heat/ac, daily maid service, and the bathtub in the bathroom would be handy for the baby.

Thanks for the feedback. As far as flying, nobody in the family really wants to do it, plus it just seems easier to do the driving thing.

As far as hookups I guess I would only need elec, are there any outside outlets on the cabins? I read in some other posts that people that rent a partial hookup just find an empty full hookup if they need to dump the sewer.

The parking at the cabins is not really big enough for rvs. FW would rather you not camp in the rv at a cabin site as well. But if you are looking for a cabin loop and a camp loop that are close 2100 & 1100 are great if your family will need a camp site and a cabin. You might want to take the resort tour at www.disneyzone.actusa.net. It will show you great pictures and a descriptive summary of FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter