Race Shirt Quilts

This is awesome...

Perfect timing because I started putting shirts (very old ones) off to the side to make one for DD for her HS graduation next year.

@Ariel484 I don't want to contradict what you were told by Campus Quits, but dry-cleaning a quilt goes against everything I know as a quilter. The harsh solvents would most definitely shorten the life of the shirts as well as the backing and binding on the quilt.

@Ariel484 I don't want to contradict what you were told by Campus Quits, but dry-cleaning a quilt goes against everything I know as a quilter. The harsh solvents would most definitely shorten the life of the shirts as well as the backing and binding on the quilt.
Interesting. Thanks! We have a quilt we received as a wedding gift that is machine-washable (made by my husband's aunt, who is a very accomplished quilter). This one has a tag sewn on that says to dry-clean it...hmmm... :scratchin I was surprised to see that since our other one is machine-washable.

Those look amazing!! I've wanted to do that with my Disney race shirts but don't have enough yet.. maybe one day! Thanks for sharing! Guess I need to run some more Disney races to get more shirts! Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter