RC Returned to work this week

Really? Who doesn't have a smart phone or laptop or desktop computer or tablet these days. What sort of device are they working on? Every single device we own that has internet access has a camera. Just off the top of my head: 3 iPhones, 1 iPad, 2 MacBooks, 1 PC laptop, 1 iMac desktop, 1 Amazon Fire tablet. They all have cameras.

Well my MacBook was so old that the camera only comes on sometimes. I've tried to look it up but can't figure out what is happening. I take it to the Apple Store and they just say it is too old so it won't work. The funny thing is that when I'm not anticipating it working (so maybe I stay in my PJs for a Zoom group) the camera will come on. It crashed in April and so the computer went through a shut down. Then the computer wouldn't come on until 2 weeks ago and now it is working again. I thought it may have something to do with I had replaced my screen about 6 years ago. Looks like I'm looking into a new computer. Anyone have opinions between the Mac Air or MacBook? I have seen complaints about the keyboards but wondering if that changed with the updated MacBook? Sorry I went off topic here but figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

Late to the thread, but the earliest they're looking at for us to return to the office is after Labor Day. I've been exclusively working from home since March 15th. It's sounding like returning to the office will be voluntary when it happens and for those of us who already had some work from home days, we will probably see a move to a plan that involves more. Not sure if it'll be once a week or once a month, but I think there's also a cost saving benefit as well as a productivity boost from us being at home. So, they like that :) We have some critical functions in late Sept. - mid Oct. that will require some in-office time, so we may be in by then. I was already working from home 3 days a week, and while I do miss seeing my coworkers, I would welcome some more home time because I don't miss my commute and will need to balance school stuff for the kids. Husband is in a similar boat, but he's eager to get back into his office full time as soon as they let him.

Anyone have opinions between the Mac Air or MacBook?
I've had a MacBook Air for ~4 years now. When it came time to replace my wife's computer a couple of years ago we went with the same model after looking at that and the MacBook. They have given us good service over that time.

Having said that, I'm looking to move to a new MacBook Pro in the next 6 months or so. The attraction of the Air was is size and weight. Now that the 13" Pro is available and its not that much heavier than the Air I'll probably go with that.

Is anyone else still working remotely or not working at all?
Been going in everyday since it started, generally we have a skeleton staff team working onsite. I work M-W in the office and
Really? Who doesn't have a smart phone or laptop or desktop computer or tablet these days.
Many more then you think. Plus as an employer we don't ask staff to use their personal devices for work related functions. Many of us at cams on our desks before, but once it hit Logitech sold out and prices from vendors became highway robbery. We finally got 3 in and have more webcams on the way.
Anyone have opinions between the Mac Air or MacBook?
With the announced transition to the new Apple Silicone processor vs Intel you will probably start seeing some discounts. I've had good luck buying Apple refurbs they come with the same warranty. Between the two it comes down to your need for ports. I use a MacBookPro but I needed some of the features and a larger screen.

as an employer we don't ask staff to use their personal devices for work related functions.
In that case, if employees are working from home, wouldn't the company need to provide everyone with the equipment they need to do their jobs? I realize, of course, that companies couldn't all go out and buy every employee a new computer when COVID hit so most probably are using their personal devices. I'm just really surprised that there are many people that wouldn't have a camera at this point. I didn't know you could buy even a budget device without one. My $300 laptop has one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter