"Reach for the sky!" We're finally getting there in JAN 2012!!!TR LINK PG 69!

Today I was in a Disney frenzy, thanks to Summer getting me all excited that she might come! So, we took our "beach bum bucket" that we usually drop change in (that has become more of a bucket for playing poker with! LOL) and pitched it.

I took one of those large sherbet/ice cream buckets and Savannah & I got it all decorated to save change/money for the trip! Dallas even pitched in and suggested that we superglue the lid on so that we can't dip into it! :thumbsup2

Here's a pic of the front and back (Savannah wanted to make sure I got the back as well in the pictures!)

disneybucket009.jpg

disneybucket012.jpg

Ahhhh, I've missed all my Disney projects...I may have to find a way to do even more stuff, maybe we'll do movie day again! :rolleyes1

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc LOVE the bucket!

I think winter is a great time to do some movie days and now we can get Summer in on the fun too! As soon as my life calms down a bit I'm in. :goodvibes

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc LOVE the bucket!

I think winter is a great time to do some movie days and now we can get Summer in on the fun too! As soon as my life calms down a bit I'm in. :goodvibes

Ooooh, the more the merrier! We could do it every other week! I was looking at some of the pics from last year and it really made me miss our movie days! Check these out Hope...

mad tea party! (my favorite)
madteaparty395a.jpg

Nemo:
nemoday001kj.jpg

Haunted Mansion:
snowHMday240a.jpg

bugs life:
bugslifeday068a.jpg

Pirates! Argh!:
POTC056a.jpg

France:
France046a.jpg

OMG, looking at all of these makes me want to do more of them! What fun we had! :lovestruc I miss walking too! I'm afraid I'll suck you back in Hope...ya know...you could take a little bitty trip with just the kids this fall!?!?! ;)

OMG, looking at all of these makes me want to do more of them! What fun we had! :lovestruc I miss walking too! I'm afraid I'll suck you back in Hope...ya know...you could take a little bitty trip with just the kids this fall!?!?! ;)

Oh, it's crossed my mind...

As if I need more motivation to get to WDW! I have decided that since our dates just happen to be at the same time as the Wine & Dine Half Marathon and Halloween 5K, that I will be running! :cool1:

Mickey%27s+Halloween+5K+Medal.bmp

I have a lot of training to do, and part of me wishes that I could train for the wine & dine half-marathon, I think I might be able to run it by then, but it's at night (at least it was last year from what I read) and I don't think doing my first half at night (let's face it, I'm in bed by 9pm most nights!) and in the dark would be my smartest move. I'm what we call accident prone and can see myself tripping and flailing about in the dark while running. ;) So, I want to run the Halloween 5K, I believe it will be on the morning of Saturday, Oct. 1st! It goes through Magic Kingdom!!! :lovestruc

08castlehub.jpg

If that doesn't get me running a 5K, nothing will!

:idea: ...we won't talk too much about the little monkey in my head saying that if I do the 5K, then maybe I can take a itty-bitty-mini-solo trip the following Feb/March 2012 for the Princess 1/2 marathon at Disney! My husband might think I was over the deep end at that point and just start sending his paychecks to WDW instead of the bank!

So! I have a goal to work towards with my running, and I hope to run a 5K this spring/summer in my town if they have one! AND, this gives me even more stuff to post here in my ptr. I like talking to myself, so I don't mind that you can hear a pin drop in here! :lmao:

The day before yesterday I walked .25 briskly as a warmup, then ran 1.8 miles straight. Today I'm pushing for the 2 miles! My pace is anywhere from 5.0 to 5.3 most of the time, sometimes I put it higher at the end of my runs. It will be a big adjustment when spring comes and I have to get off the gym treadmill and hit actual pavement, but I have plenty of time! WOOT! I'm excited! :cheer2:

:idea: ...we won't talk too much about the little monkey in my head saying that if I do the 5K, then maybe I can take a itty-bitty-mini-solo trip the following Feb/March 2012 for the Princess 1/2 marathon at Disney! My husband might think I was over the deep end at that point and just start sending his paychecks to WDW instead of the bank!

I would NEVER, EVER, EVER let Rey think you were over the deep end, Karen!!! and besides, we can arrange for his checks to be direct deposited into WDW's account, right??? ;)

I'm glad to hear you are starting to train for this. You are inspiring!!! :worship:

I would NEVER, EVER, EVER let Rey think you were over the deep end, Karen!!! and besides, we can arrange for his checks to be direct deposited into WDW's account, right??? ;)

I'm glad to hear you are starting to train for this. You are inspiring!!! :worship:

Thanks Ann!!! Oh and I always joke about not telling Rey things, but I never can keep my mouth shut with him. I already told him about the 1/2 marathon next spring and he said "uhhh, o-kaaay?!?" I think he was unsure of how to respond to me planning yet another trip when we're nowhere near the original trip! :lmao:

and...

I did it! I ran 2 miles straight this morning! :dance3: I feel so good, but it was hard and I know I'm going to have to work to get myself ready for a 5K. I want to do at least one this spring to prepare!

I'm all caught up! :cool1: And now I'm wishing I'd taken notes because I can't remember what I wanted to comment on. :rolleyes1

You have a lovely family. :goodvibes I really hope everything works out for this trip! And doing the Halloween 5k will be so cool! :cool1:

I'm all caught up! :cool1: And now I'm wishing I'd taken notes because I can't remember what I wanted to comment on. :rolleyes1

You have a lovely family. :goodvibes I really hope everything works out for this trip! And doing the Halloween 5k will be so cool! :cool1:

Thanks Carissa! Your TR really is what gave me the push to do this, it was so inspiring! I think I already have said that to you, but I'm going to say it again! :goodvibes

Deciding to run the 5K forced me to look at my dates closer and plan a little more ( not that I didn't already have 2 trips already planned out by different arrival days!) :lmao: So, I unofficially officially have picked our dates now! LOL...I already have a whole trip itinerary planned out as well (which I'll post another day) but I'm guessing those of you that know me aren't surprised by this! :rolleyes1

So our dates are Thursday, September 29th to Thursday, October 6th! :banana: This is perfect for arriving a day and a half before the race and we can do 1 park day on Friday but I won't be too worn out! It also has us arriving on the 29th, which hopefully will be the last day of free dining (if they offer it again!)

Ok, now we just need that tax return to be big! C'mon magic tax lady! :cheer2:

Hmmm, for being a photographer, I'm really failing at the visual side of this PTR! I'll have to start posting some pics in these updates! Here's one of the places I LOVE to be when I'm at AK!...
WDW2009912aa.jpg

In a nutshell, PLANNER is the word most people would use for me, especially when it comes to Disney! I LOVE the planning, it's nearly half the fun of the trip for me! :lmao:

So, yesterday I made a running journal. It's something I wanted to start to keep track of my training and I printed out lots of pics and symbols to glue all over the front of it for decoration! I put not only 5K stuff on there, but 1/2 marathon stuff as well b/c I really want to run the Princess 1/2 in 2010. :lovestruc

Here's a couple pics! The first is with a couple running books I'm reading as well.
runjournal002.jpg

Here's a close-up
runjournal003.jpg

I also have my WDW binder out and filled with stuff already! I used the same one from our last trip, just made a new insert with pics from our last trip and changed the date! ;)
runjournal009.jpg

opened up with all my other WDW stuff this morning (no peeking at the itinerary, you have to wait for that!) ;)

runjournal013.jpg

I know, this is really interesting stuff, huh? TR's are much more interesting than PTR, but I like having somewhere to post all my disney ramblings. This helps my family b/c then I talk about it a TINY bit less to them. :lmao:

I'm also wanting to change my PTR name, I don't like it. Too much reminder of the trip that never happened and this is a new year with a much more positive spin, so if you see it change, don't get confused! I'm sure the hoards of people reading this need to know. I think there are three of you! :rotfl2:

Planning is almost the best part of traveling! :thumbsup2 Love your running journal. That picture you have of the woman running (where you wrote the year) is a picture I've used for my profile on Facebook. :goodvibes I've also read both of those books.

Planning is almost the best part of traveling! :thumbsup2 Love your running journal. That picture you have of the woman running (where you wrote the year) is a picture I've used for my profile on Facebook. :goodvibes I've also read both of those books.

I figured you would recognize those books! :thumbsup2 I'm SO SORE today! I did a little over 8 miles of running for the week (not including walking) and I really pushed it for just starting back up. I'm resting today and tomorrow from running, my knees are really achy. Well, we are going to go swim and I have petsitting, which requires trudging through the snow, but no running at least, until Monday!

Carissa, did you do 2 short runs (30 minutes) and 1 long run a week like they suggest? If so, did you feel it trained you well? If not, what was your training schedule?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter