"Reach for the sky!" We're finally getting there in JAN 2012!!!TR LINK PG 69!

Hi Karen!!! Yeah, I'm feeling better....my eyes are still a little red, but managable. Thanks for asking...

I do have a question for you......were there any fussy eaters with you when you went to Biergarten? It sounds like a great atmosphere, but I worry that Victoria won't find anything she likes there. I know you eat Vegan, but how about with the carnivores in your group? Did they find something? :confused:

Hi Karen!!! Yeah, I'm feeling better....my eyes are still a little red, but managable. Thanks for asking...

I do have a question for you......were there any fussy eaters with you when you went to Biergarten? It sounds like a great atmosphere, but I worry that Victoria won't find anything she likes there. I know you eat Vegan, but how about with the carnivores in your group? Did they find something? :confused:

Oh gosh yes, the meat eaters had tons of food to eat! We were a group of 8, and no one complained or had issues with the food. Even Savannah, who really only eats mac-n-cheese at WDW, enjoyed the choices! The food was really good, I think a non-meat eater would have more issues than anything, but I found lots of salad, soup, potatoes, and a few other things to eat while I was there. I think she'll like it! :thumbsup2 It's on our list already, Rey said it's a must-do!

So I'm a tad bit late, but I'm here now! I love that Marathoning for Mortals book! It is what got me through my first half! And congrats on the 2 mile run! You are well on your way to doing the 5K. In fact you'll be able to do it waaaay before October!

So I'm a tad bit late, but I'm here now! I love that Marathoning for Mortals book! It is what got me through my first half! And congrats on the 2 mile run! You are well on your way to doing the 5K. In fact you'll be able to do it waaaay before October!

I'm glad you made it over Jenny!!! :woohoo:

I'm actually a little worried that I will lose motivation with October being so far away? I'm getting VERY excited about the 1/2 princess in 2012, but that seems so far away!!

A friend of mine is paying for me for some photography, so I got to order new shoes yesterday! I even paid $4 for them to be rushed b/c when I went and tried shoes on yesterday I realized how bad my shoes are right now and that they may be contributing to the knee pain. These are the most expensive shoes I have EVER purchased in my life! Rey said he didn't believe that. :laughing:

I'll post pics when they come tomorrow. I'm going to do upper body and the bike today b/c I can't stand another run on these shoes and my knees need a break! :yay:

I'm glad you made it over Jenny!!! :woohoo:

I'm actually a little worried that I will lose motivation with October being so far away? I'm getting VERY excited about the 1/2 princess in 2012, but that seems so far away!!

A friend of mine is paying for me for some photography, so I got to order new shoes yesterday! I even paid $4 for them to be rushed b/c when I went and tried shoes on yesterday I realized how bad my shoes are right now and that they may be contributing to the knee pain. These are the most expensive shoes I have EVER purchased in my life! Rey said he didn't believe that. :laughing:

I'll post pics when they come tomorrow. I'm going to do upper body and the bike today b/c I can't stand another run on these shoes and my knees need a break! :yay:

You should look for a local 5K to do this spring. They are usually pretty easy to find. Just go to active.com and they have a section where you can enter in your zip code and it will show you local races. Local races are usually much smaller than the Disney races and are actually pretty fun to do. I know exactly what you mean when you talk about paying the big bucks for the running shoes. Mine are $100 and I never spend that much on my other shoes. (Though I know there are lots of women out there that spend lots more than that on a pair of shoes.) Good shoes really do make a difference. Once you get them you'll be so glad you did. Your knees will thank you too!

Just make sure you don't overtrain and get hurt!!! :goodvibes

Thank you for your opinion on Biergarten. I really think it sounds like a fun atmosphere even though there isn't a stitch of German in our family at all! I told Peter and Victoria about it and they seemed to be acceptable to it. Peter especially wants to try different things as well as do our absolute favorites. So when you were there did you get up and dance? My only concern is having to sit with strangers....ugh! I'm painfully shy, so that's going to be a little rough! :confused3

Just make sure you don't overtrain and get hurt!!! :goodvibes

Thank you for your opinion on Biergarten. I really think it sounds like a fun atmosphere even though there isn't a stitch of German in our family at all! I told Peter and Victoria about it and they seemed to be acceptable to it. Peter especially wants to try different things as well as do our absolute favorites. So when you were there did you get up and dance? My only concern is having to sit with strangers....ugh! I'm painfully shy, so that's going to be a little rough! :confused3

We didn't get up and dance, but we stayed for two whole shows! (I think we were there 2 1/2 hours.) :rolleyes: My FIL LOVED it and so did Rey, so we just enjoyed and relaxed. We didn't have to share a table, obviously, b/c there were 8 of us, but I'm not sure we would have anyway. We did a lunch reservation, I made it for 12:30, and it was a weekday, and it didn't feel very busy! Here's some pics, you can see empty tables, so I'm not sure if they fill up the tables first and then start putting people together or what. It's a nice atmosphere, I don't think I would feel too bothered to share, but I'm not sure...

WDW20091684a.jpg

WDW20091690a.jpg

WDW20091710a.jpg

I don't get in trouble if you hate it though, right?!?!?! :laughing:

I'm all caught up. Love the new PTR name and I think its good to think of this as a fresh start. I need to come over and look at all these plans in person! My life is nearly normal again so we'll do it soon!

I'm all caught up. Love the new PTR name and I think its good to think of this as a fresh start. I need to come over and look at all these plans in person! My life is nearly normal again so we'll do it soon!

I'm missing you something fierce so I hope it's soon!!! Enjoy the time with your family. :hug:

Rey says that you and Summer will both be going at the same time we are this fall, he thinks he has it all figured out! :lmao:

My shoes came!!! :cool1:

I'm such a freak. I was so excited that when I put them on, it was a little bit of a letdown. I almost considered returning them! :rolleyes: I think I built them up so much that they couldn't meet my expectations. I guess that's what happens when you purchase the most expensive shoes you've ever owned. :laughing:

After putting them up for about 30 minutes, I took them back out and put them on, adjusted the laces, and let out a sigh of relief. They are great! I guess I just had a tinge of buyers remorse! Here they are (YES, I took a picture, do you know me yet or what????) You'll have to excuse their size, I have gorilla feet! :lmao:

asics051.jpg

Oh and now I have these great shoes, but I've vowed not to run until Monday. I'm not sure I can do it! :eek: We are supposed to go to the gym tomorrow morning, but I told Dallas that I would rather stay home and do situps or something. The last two days this week that I wasn't going to run at the gym, I did. No self control, clearly! So, I'm taking the rest of the week to rest the knees and will start fresh on Monday with my new shoes!!! It shouldn't be hard to rest this weekend, Rey will be home!! :lovestruc

Oh, and I should officially mention that I talked with Rey and decided that I REALLY want to do the Princess 1/2 marathon in Feb. 2012! We're hoping to do a couple's weekend for that!!! :thumbsup2

Yep...certifiable! :ccat:

and, after these shoes hurt my feet...
SHOES TAKE TWO!

Love the new shoes! :cool1: What size do you wear? I'm a 10. :rolleyes1 And that's awesome about planning to do the Princess Half and making it a romantic getaway. :love:

Love the new shoes! :cool1: What size do you wear? I'm a 10. :rolleyes1 And that's awesome about planning to do the Princess Half and making it a romantic getaway. :love:

I normally wear an 11, (I wore 10s all the way up to my children being born, but my feet grew during pregnancy or something???) BUT, when I went to try running shoes on, I realized I would have to get an 11 1/2!!!! :eek: The shoe store didn't even HAVE any that big. :rolleyes:

Rey says I have gorilla feet! Yes, I'm still married to him after that comment, he's lucky I agree with him! :laughing:

I'm really looking forward to a romantic WDW trip with him, we are celebrating 20 years this year and still have NEVER gone anywhere alone. We didn't even have a honeymoon! I hope I can train well so I'm not hobbling around the rest of the trip after I run though! NOT terribly romantic! :laughing:

I normally wear an 11, (I wore 10s all the way up to my children being born, but my feet grew during pregnancy or something???) BUT, when I went to try running shoes on, I realized I would have to get an 11 1/2!!!! :eek: The shoe store didn't even HAVE any that big. :rolleyes:

Rey says I have gorilla feet! Yes, I'm still married to him after that comment, he's lucky I agree with him! :laughing:

I'm really looking forward to a romantic WDW trip with him, we are celebrating 20 years this year and still have NEVER gone anywhere alone. We didn't even have a honeymoon! I hope I can train well so I'm not hobbling around the rest of the trip after I run though! NOT terribly romantic! :laughing:

Okay - so you do have big feet! :rotfl: I used to be a 9 1/2, but ended up at a 10 after having my boys. I probably should wear a 10 1/2 and will consider getting that size when I buy my next pair.

I hear ya! My husband and I will be celebrating 12 years this May. Last September we went away alone for the first time since having kids. We didn't have a honeymoon either. We went to a town in Maine while we were visiting my parents up there and they watched our boys and our dog. We had the best time!! :love:

Okay - so you do have big feet! :rotfl: I used to be a 9 1/2, but ended up at a 10 after having my boys. I probably should wear a 10 1/2 and will consider getting that size when I buy my next pair.

I hear ya! My husband and I will be celebrating 12 years this May. Last September we went away alone for the first time since having kids. We didn't have a honeymoon either. We went to a town in Maine while we were visiting my parents up there and they watched our boys and our dog. We had the best time!! :love:

Hey, I remember reading about it in your PTR or TR, right?!!! This year and next we're going to make it happen! He has an old friend that is getting married in Corpus Christi in November and we're going to that alone as well for a weekend, so it looks like finances allowing, we're going to make up for lost time in 2011/2012!! :cloud9:

Gotta love new running shoes! Your knees will really love the shoes! Yay for the princess half getaway! You'll have a great trip!

Do your shoes come in wide fit? My feet grew long and wide.:laughing:

Yes, they come in wide, and that was what I liked best about them...but...see next little bit...

Gotta love new running shoes! Your knees will really love the shoes! Yay for the princess half getaway! You'll have a great trip!

Boo for new running shoes, apparently? :confused3 I put them on and we went for a walk and I hated them. It felt like I had no arch support (I have REALLY high arches!) and they weren't comfy at all. Am I just picky? I don't think so b/c I've been wearing 20$ Adidas shoes for a year now, I can't be THAT picky!

Rey thinks it's b/c I tried on the Kayano's 17 in the store and then bought the Kayano's 16 online. I think maybe it's just that I didn't spend enough time in the store really FEELING the shoe, I was just excited that they were more cushion-y than what I have now. So, I took the shoes off on our walk and walked home barefoot so I would be able to return them! :laughing: My kids think I'm nuts.

Off to the drawing board...I guess I need to do more research on high arches. I was looking for shoes for underpronators, but need to focus on the arch issue as well.

AND, my knees were hurting just walking...WHEN will they get better and I can run? I'm feeling a little like I'm not going to be able to run, but I won't let the thought totally enter my mind b/c it will depress me. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter