READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rise of the Resistance opened to guests on December 5th, 2019 and has a boarding group system implemented from the start. This system is much like the one used to enter the land when it opened. Disney has played around and changed how the boarding groups have worked since opening day. These are currently the rules and information given by Disney.

So, the embedded Video has nothing to do with "How to Join a Boarding Group", it gives me ideas of what to do while waiting for my Boarding Group.

Question on finger scanning. First park will be HS on MLK Sunday. Is there anything different I have to do since it’s the first finger scan of the trip. Does the process take longer if it’s the first time you finger scan in?

Hi! And thank you! All your advice paid off. Left Dolphin at 5:55. Walked over. Stayed to the right. Can’t remember the rest of the times but we all tried at 7 and I got all 11 of us BG 15. In line for SR now! Thank you!!
Have fun! we have a group of 9 going. Did you select all 11 people at once or did you break it into two groups? Trying to find the best strategy for big groups and haven’t seen much info. Thanks!

Have fun! we have a group of 9 going. Did you select all 11 people at once or did you break it into two groups? Trying to find the best strategy for big groups and haven’t seen much info. Thanks!
You can sign up as many people as there are in your friends and family list. that are in the park If you split it up
1) it'll take more time
2) you will most likely not be in the same bg

You can sign up as many people as there are in your friends and family list. that are in the park If you split it up
1) it'll take more time
2) you will most likely not be in the same bg
yeah, the different BG is a problem. But, how would it take more time? If I’m trying for 5 people and someone else in our group is trying for 4, I was thinking that selecting fewer people on the list might save us precious seconds. Is that incorrect? I think we will just stay all together, but just curious what others have done and if there is a better strategy. Thanks!

yeah, the different BG is a problem. But, how would it take more time? If I’m trying for 5 people and someone else in our group is trying for 4, I was thinking that selecting fewer people on the list might save us precious seconds. Is that incorrect? I think we will just stay all together, but just curious what others have done and if there is a better strategy. Thanks!
There is a “select all” option at the top of the page that will eliminate you having to select each person individually.

So it finally happened. I had a dream about the boarding process.

I dreamed that they randomly went back to the original way (being able to join right as you tap in). But on the app they showed you which BG range you could be joining if you tried now. Then the next day they did a hybrid of a FP and BG. You had the option to choose a time (but only a 1 hour window), or join a BG in which could be earlier or later but with the 2 hr return time.
I had a dream last night also! I dreamt I went through the boarding group process. I got "Order 66" - of course and I would have completely believed it was all real until Kylo Ren shows up saying "You did well, come with me for a behind the scenes tour" - dang! did not want to wake up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter