READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the chart, what’s the difference between “last BG called” vs “total BG accommodated”
Total BG accommodated is a calculation between first called and last called. Since they don’t always start at 1 it gives a good comparison number.

Hypothetical Example:
- DAY1: Last BG called = 115, they started at 15 so 100 were accommodated.
- DAY2: Last BG called = 110, they started at 5 so 105 were accommodated.

Without the calculated figure you might figure day 1 performed better but it really was day 2 since it started on a lower BG. IF they started at 1 everyday none of those fields would be necessary but for some reason they decide to start on a different number everyday - so strange haha.

Total BG accommodated is a calculation between first called and last called. Since they don’t always start at 1 it gives a good comparison number.

Hypothetical Example:

Without the calculated figure you might figure day 1 performed better but it really was day 2 since it started on a lower BG. IF they started at 1 everyday none of those fields would be necessary but for some reason they decide to start on a different number everyday - so strange haha.
Gotcha, thank so much and love the chart. If I could have it as a widget on my phone, I would!

We would think that, especially with so much planning necessary at WDW. But then they went overboard with the original opening of GE 4 months early and 3months of 3hr EEMH at HS at 1hr EEMHs at AK/MK. Now they're playing it much closer to the cuff. Twice already they changed park close hours during that same day, and changed opening time the day before.
Definitely keep a close watch, also because that first hour of FPs become available whenever they pull back the open time. SDD would be a good one to grab :)
Actual hours for my days didnt change yet...still 9-8.....

3-4 Feb

I wonder how busy Super Bowl Sunday will be for BGs, especially with EMH from 8-10pm that night. Might be a good time for late night SDD. We are at Ft Wilderness Feb 2-8 and the hours are still 9am for that week.
Not sure as of the last few years, but SBS usually very light crowds in the parks.

Hypothetical Example:

I hate to be the math guy here but in your two examples above, the number of BGs accommodated is 101 and 106, respectively. It’s because the first and last BG are both inclusive so you need to add one to the subtraction.

For example, if the first BG called was 10 and the last was 11, then they would have accommodated 2 BGs even though 11-10=1.

I hate to be the math guy here but in your two examples above, the number of BGs accommodated is 101 and 106, respectively. It’s because the first and last BG are both inclusive so you need to add one to the subtraction.

For example, if the first BG called was 10 and the last was 11, then they would have accommodated 2 BGs even though 11-10=1.
I know - we're just going to leave one off because it's easier to read and understand. Truthfully, I just took a shortcut when I created the formula so I've known it was wrong all along. 😜 😜

EDIT: Ok, fine I'll go back and adjust the formula. I knew some hot-shot would come along and point that one out eventually 🤣 🤣

EDIT2: So the BGs per hour increased by 0.1 on all days when I put the fix in. 😜 🤣 Did more people just get on RotR because of this? I want credit! :P😂

Last edited:
Skimmed the last 40 pages or so and didn't see this addressed. Anyone get a boarding time then head to Pandora? DHS opens at 7 when I'm there next Saturday (MLK weekend) and AK has morning EMH at 8, anyone think I could get a BG right at 7 then Uber/Lyft to AK for EMH and have a "reasonable" (less than 90 min) wait for Pandora, with time to get back to DHS for my BG? It's a last minute trip for my daughter's birthday and of course those are the only two rides she wants to go on. I could do Pandora at park closing as a backup but looking for thoughts on this first.

I did this with my friend yesterday, lol.

Walk into Hollywood (got into gates at around 6:40), turn around right to the exit, drive and park at AK, we were OUT of flight of passage at 8AM. They opened it early for us. As we walked in, we both looked and managed to get 40 (I looked exactly 5 seconds after 7).

It worked amazingly. If you’ve done DHS already on your trip, definitely swing in and out if you don’t mind getting up earlier.

Do you refresh? Open app at 7? 5 seconds after 7? I’m thinking best is to open the app after it’s fully closed, right at 7.

I understand why it takes only minutes to fill the Boarding Groups. But why does it take hours to fill the Backup Boarding Groups. And is there any history on how many Backup Groups are being filled?

That’s what I did. The first time my daughter decided not to use WDW WiFi and rely on data, but she had not closed the app down, so didn’t get the boarding group prompt. I then took out my phone and opened the app using WDW WiFi and got the prompt straight away. I had to hand the phone to my daughter as brain refused to control fingers, but we still got BG 15. Groups on either side got 22 and 59 at same time, so it seems quite random. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter