READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why it takes only minutes to fill the Boarding Groups. But why does it take hours to fill the Backup Boarding Groups. And is there any history on how many Backup Groups are being filled?

Go back a few pages

I know - we're just going to leave one off because it's easier to read and understand. Truthfully, I just took a shortcut when I created the formula so I've known it was wrong all along. 😜 😜

EDIT: Ok, fine I'll go back and adjust the formula. I knew some hot-shot would come along and point that one out eventually 🤣 🤣

EDIT2: So the BGs per hour increased by 0.1 on all days when I put the fix in. 😜 🤣 Did more people just get on RotR because of this? I want credit! :P😂

First, excellent use of the term "hot shot" - we would have also accepted "wiz kid"

Second, after clearly having increased ride capacity I was hoping for a "how do you like them apples!" gif

That’s what I did. The first time my daughter decided not to use WDW WiFi and rely on data, but she had not closed the app down, so didn’t get the boarding group prompt. I then took out my phone and opened the app using WDW WiFi and got the prompt straight away. I had to hand the phone to my daughter as brain refused to control fingers, but we still got BG 15. Groups on either side got 22 and 59 at same time, so it seems quite random. Good luck.
Just did it. Was on cell with full LTE and it didn’t prompt me for a whole minute and we got 63. Not sure if it’s worth trying again or if 63 was really the earliest group and the rest are full. Crazy how full LTE on an X can’t beat WiFi that thousands are using at the same time.

Entered park at 6:25, app did not show boarding group initially at seven. Some shouts came up, so I knew that others were getting for boarding groups. I kept going back-and-forth and join boarding group came up. Boarding group 45 at 7:01 AM. I’m not sure what time they were filled but by the time I got to the rope for toy story land, they were gone.

EDIT: looking at other posts from folks at the park, it looks like it was app issues or a late drop of boarding groups this morning. I’ll continue to practice the different ways.

Been reading this thread since day 1 and went and looked at first page and didn’t see a definite answer. Has there been a conclusion of the best way to get Join Boarding Group to light up? Wait to open app right when the BG drops, just click find out more and go back and forth doing that, or go into my status and pull down to refresh?

Tried the my status page and pull down refresh method this morning from home as practice and it never lit up. Did that until 7:01 just to make sure I wasn’t trying too early. Then after that I tried clicking find out more and nothing. So I closed my app and opened back up and it lit up.

Last edited:
Entered park at 6:25, app did not show boarding group initially at seven. Some shouts came up, so I knew that others were getting for boarding groups. I kept going back-and-forth and join boarding group came up. Boarding group 45 at 7:01 AM. I’m not sure what time they were filled but by the time I got to the rope for toy story land, they were gone.
Is that today? It looks like they’re still available at 7:20??

Just did it. Was on cell with full LTE and it didn’t prompt me for a whole minute and we got 63. Not sure if it’s worth trying again or if 63 was really the earliest group and the rest are full. Crazy how full LTE on an X can’t beat WiFi that thousands are using at the same time.
I wouldn’t risk losing 63.

Been reading this thread since day 1 and went and looked at first page and didn’t see a definite answer. Has there been a conclusion of the best way to get Join Boarding Group to light up? Wait to open app right when the BG drops, just click find out more and go back and forth doing that, or go into my status and pull down to refresh?

Tried the my status page and pull down refresh method this morning from home as practice and it never lit up. Did that until 7:01 just to make sure I wasn’t trying too early. Then after that I tried clicking find out more and nothing. So I closed my app and opened back up and it lit up.

I had to toggle back and forth with the"home" button to get back to the "find out more" link. Mine did not turn red on its own

I did the exact same thing this morning to practice for next Sunday. I also kept refreshing the my status page until 7:01. After that I clicked the back arrow at the top and then the button was red.

So tomorrow is our day. We will probably Uber from the Pop Century. What time do you guys recommend leaving the resort?

So tomorrow is our day. We will probably Uber from the Pop Century. What time do you guys recommend leaving the resort?

Are you trying to be near the front for any other rope drop advantage on other rides, or just trying to be in the park to join a BG?

We are also staying at pop in 2 weeks with 2 kids in tow.so hard to pick a RD strategy. We are only flying in the night before so I feel like getting there more than an hour early will be way too aggressive for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter