READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read many times about shutting your phone off wifi when trying to obtain a boarding group. Many times in the past when I had no wi fi the app would not open for me or work just in general before ROTR. Is there a way in setting to change this option? or something else I should be doing to have the app work without wifi ?

I just tried it right now from home shutting WiFi off and it seems to work for me. In fact I might try practicing with just data this morning since I only get 3 bars at my house. Maybe that will be a more realistic test.

Why must we open app right before BG 8am? Anyone have luck opening sooner and refreshing until time to click BG or My Status?? My fear is the scrolling, frozen phone.... Planning try w no Wifi.

I'm like you, we consider ourselves WDW pros and when we were there in Feb, it really stressed me out. We got in but it took longer than I expected. The app runs a lot slower when you are in the park than when you are at home. And I was not on WiFi in the park. After the BG dash I needed a drink :)
Think it is better to try w Wifi?

Why must we open app right before BG 8am? Anyone have luck opening sooner and refreshing until time to click BG or My Status?? My fear is the scrolling, frozen phone.... Planning try w no Wifi.
It's not necessarily that you wait until just before 8 to open, it's more that you don't click Find Out More until a couple seconds after 8. For whatever reason, the app gets confused and doesn't always refresh itself when groups go live like it should. Theoretically, you could open the app as early in the day as you want, just do a force close prior to opening the app, then let it sit at the home screen until 8.

You can try it however you want, we have here, on this thread hundreds of reports from people trying to join from day one and opening the app just a minute before opening time and not touching anything is what seems to work best. There's no need to scroll as the button you want is front page (the AT AT pic) from home, turn off wifi and close the app completely, then open it and count how many seconds it takes for the app to to come up, that's all the time you need, if you open to early the app might fall asleep and then when you go hit the find out more section it won't recognize and will go into buffering

Practiced this morning and been pretty successful each morning I try. My day is 28 days away and I will be solo so praying nothing glitches on my phone because I will be SOL. We shall see. Interesting thing I noticed on the app this morning was a spot to show wait time for RiSE, what’s up with this??476510

Practiced this morning and been pretty successful each morning I try. My day is 28 days away and I will be solo so praying nothing glitches on my phone because I will be SOL. We shall see. Interesting thing I noticed on the app this morning was a spot to show wait time for RiSE, what’s up with this??View attachment 476510
That's been there since Rise opened. Just a placeholder.

Last practice before trip - 7:50am--app turned on and I kept refreshing it until 8:00am--clicked Join Boarding Group then went to find out more then had red Join Boarding Group, then went to Select All--then got Not So Fast. Second practice= phone froze--turned app off' had to restart w my PW and at 8:03 did same as above and got Back Up Boarding Pass.

I have a Pixel 4 and have the same experience. I almost never can get the Join button to turn blue.

While practicing, the two most successful methods have been:
  1. Launch MDE at 7:59:55am
    1. Click Find Out More
    2. Click the red Join Boarding Group
  2. Launch MDE sometime before 8am
    1. Wait until 8:00:01am
    2. Click Find Out More
    3. Click the red Join Boarding Group
If I launch MDE/Find Out More and the Join Boarding Group button is not red, I might as well just force close the app and try again. Trying to go in through My Status and getting "Join a Boarding Group" button to turn blue/touchable almost never works.

Either way, I'll find out this Friday what ends up working!
How does everyone track "seconds" on their phone!!! feeling like a dummy here...

Also, have we decided- I should turn my wifi off in the park correct? and where is the best place for me to stand? I am not rope dropping MF so I don't need to be near Star Wars.

Practice from home - followed procedures that worked yesterday, and many previous days. I was on home page and at 8:00:01 pressed “find out more” and app glitched. i could go from page to page but nothing was live and the time stayed at 8:00 Even though my atomic clock on iPad said 8:01 and counting. Now 4 mins later, the app Rebooted itself and asked me to sign in. ☹️😩😡

It's not necessarily that you wait until just before 8 to open, it's more that you don't click Find Out More until a couple seconds after 8. For whatever reason, the app gets confused and doesn't always refresh itself when groups go live like it should. Theoretically, you could open the app as early in the day as you want, just do a force close prior to opening the app, then let it sit at the home screen until 8.
If you have a phone with a smaller screen you can also hit Find Out More ahead of time so that you’re on the screen that has the 2 buttons (My Status and Join BG). Once there center it so you can tap the buttons but don’t go beyond that. At 8:00 you can tap My Status. I do it that way so I don’t have to scroll to tap one either My Status or Join BG. If I started on the home screen I would have to scroll a little bit.

practice this morning: I got distracted and didn't open the app till 8:01. on backups. This is what happens in nightmares 😨
But, good lesson learned for trip in 5 days :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter