READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a phone with a smaller screen you can also hit Find Out More ahead of time so that you’re on the screen that has the 2 buttons (My Status and Join BG). Once there center it so you can tap the buttons but don’t go beyond that. At 8:00 you can tap My Status. I do it that way so I don’t have to screen to tap one either My Status or Join BG. If I started on the home screen I would have to scroll a little bit.
My Status doesn't usually work that smooth for me. Glad it does for you 😃

If I go beyond find out more before 8, neither method works well for me.

practice this morning: I got distracted and didn't open the app till 8:01. on backups. This is what happens in nightmares 😨
But, good lesson learned for trip in 5 days :rotfl2:
a low backup bg doesn't mean you won't go on, look at the chart for comparison

Got red button at 2 seconds after 0800. Got into boarding group 6 times before backup groups started! Good practice session this morning. We don’t even have a trip planned :(
Thanks for the lols!! Can you post more specifics on how you got there? Were you already on "My Status" and light blue Join Boarding Group Page when Join Boarding Group turned red before your eyes??

Got in my first practice today. Booked a last minute trip for next weekend to see Rise and MMRR. We will see how that opening affects rope drop crowds.
So far still have backups available this morning!

How does everyone track "seconds" on their phone!!! feeling like a dummy here...

Also, have we decided- I should turn my wifi off in the park correct? and where is the best place for me to stand? I am not rope dropping MF so I don't need to be near Star Wars.
I used my watch. I did verify that my watch had the correct time using time.gov beforehand.

Thanks for the lols!! Can you post more specifics on how you got there? Were you already on "My Status" and light blue Join Boarding Group Page when Join Boarding Group turned red before your eyes??
I opened the app at 0758 and didn’t touch the home screen until counting to 2 in my head after 0800. Then touched the AT ATs and the button was red for me. Did not do My Status.

How does everyone track "seconds" on their phone!!! feeling like a dummy here...

I can tell you how to do it on an Android phone, but I'm not sure about iPhones. To add the seconds to the time on the top status bar you can do the following:
  • Go to the Play Store and install an app called "System UI Tuner" (the app developer is named Bryan C)
  • Once installed, launch it
  • Select "Status Bar"
  • Select "Time" (near the bottom)
  • Select "Show Hours, Minutes, and Seconds" (or something to that effect
That should add the seconds to the time in your status bar at the top of your phone.

Then you can go to www.time.gov and see how many seconds off your phone is from the official time and use that as your guide for when to open/click things.

Can confirm that people were cheering while my clock read 7:59.

I don't know the situation, but its possible that your phone time display may be behind the "official" time. I've checked my phone clock against the time.gov clock on several occasions and found that at times its lagged by as much as 40 seconds.

One way to get it to sync up (at least on Android) is to go into your settings, turn off the time sync, change your time manually to something, then go back in and turn on sync again. This will force it to update to the "official" time from the servers.

So frustrating! At least it looks like a good day with an on time start for you.
3 seconds isn't really a time changer if the ride continues to operate as it's been for the last 5 days. It happened to me too on Sunday, as soon as the last announcement came on at like 7:59:30 people around me started cheering. I waited until 8 on the dot and got group 3

I can tell you how to do it on an Android phone, but I'm not sure about iPhones. To add the seconds to the time on the top status bar you can do the following:
  • Go to the Play Store and install an app called "System UI Tuner" (the app developer is named Bryan C)
  • Once installed, launch it
  • Select "Status Bar"
  • Select "Time" (near the bottom)
  • Select "Show Hours, Minutes, and Seconds" (or something to that effect
That should add the seconds to the time in your status bar at the top of your phone.

Then you can go to www.time.gov and see how many seconds off your phone is from the official time and use that as your guide for when to open/click things.
Would not work on my Android phone. "Missing permissions."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter