READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the current rate of distribution of non-backup BGs, which is often concluded after 40 or 50 seconds, you shouldn't wait at all. There's no way to predict what BG number you'll get and there's also no way to predict if your phone is going to encounter a glitch and you'll have to close and restart the app. Sure, you could go to a GET CM to get a different BG number, but I don't know if there're any reports of people who've had success with this. Another thing to consider is that there've been days where the ride was down for significant periods of time and people with later BG numbers either didn't get to ride or rode much later in the day than had been anticipated.

In short: don't mess with the BG process if you want to ride. If you want to ride at a particular time, wait a few months or even a year or two, when FP+ will be available for the ride.

good advice. Thx

remember they also may have some guest recovery fps from yesterday to get through as well
Just curious. Why do you think they would have more recovery passes than usual? I believe they made it through the regular BG’s so there would not have been any for them. I believe everyone who got called and was in line got to ride. Do you think they gave them out to people with downtime during the day but couldn’t come back? Or do you think they gave them to backups that didn’t get called?

Just curious. Why do you think they would have more recovery passes than usual? I believe they made it through the regular BG’s so there would not have been any for them. I believe everyone who got called and was in line got to ride. Do you think they gave them out to people with downtime during the day but couldn’t come back? Or do you think they gave them to backups that didn’t get called?
I'm not sure, but I know that they don't give it to backup BG's.

I know they give it to people that complain at the end of the night that had backups and couldn't go and people who had regular bg and couldn't come back, this has happened before and it is at the discretion of the CM.
Just to make clear I'm not saying everyone the had a bg and couldn't ride gets recovery but I do know people have gotten it in the past

Ah, OK. I could've sworn I heard from a friend that they don't do that. Thanks!
none of the bg are guaranteed, you ssee that at the front page when you go join a bg. Disney started to give out guest recovery in the form of fp and park tickets from the get go, and then they slowly started pulling back the number of regular bg in an effort to avoid having to give guest recovery but there are people that still get it even if they are in backup bg.
The rule is to NOT expect any guest recovery whatsoever

Yeah, we’re here too and wondering why no one is boarding! We’ve got BG 17.

We had BG2 on Sunday, and it didn't start boarding until 9:13am. Likely issues found during morning test runs. It will hopefully open for you soon.

Wanted to add some color for our Sunday morning BG3 run:
  • iPhone 11 pro; using Verizon data
  • Had a group of 2, practiced to know where my friend would be in the list to select her
  • Standing near GET umbrella by Incredibles area/TSL path
  • Said "one second" out loud at 8 AM exactly, clicked in from the home screen, and button was red
  • Group of two next to me got 88, and group of 3 next to them got high 90's. CMs came over and instructed everyone to only designate one person in their group to try - we chatted with them around 7:50 and encouraged them to have everyone try, but they didn't. I don't blame them - of course you want to listen to what the CMs are saying, and they're just trying to help. But given the slow start for the ride on Sunday, I don't think the second group got to ride

And for those that are new to the process make sure to look at the handy dandy chart on page 2. You can see that when the ride was operating better and bg were opened longer the ride would start very close to park opening with bg 2 or 3.
Today for example, the bg only lasted a minute, there were issues yesterday, the ride just opened with bg 10
I believe the average of bg per hour is about 8-10 (someone can correct me if I'm wrong)

any recent experiences with a VIP guide and having a later BG or backup and being able to ride?

Based on the current rate of distribution, how many seconds should I wait if I’d prefer a higher BG? (id prefer to ride in the afternoon).

Or, will GET move me to a higher number if I requested?
I wouldn't wait at all. You could end up with a back-up or no group at all if you wait. My understanding is that they are not giving group 1 to the first person, 2 to the second and so on. It is a random assigning of groups. The first person in could get a high group and the last person in could get a lower group.

Right now, if you want to ride ROTR you need to have flexible plans. My family and I really want to ride it and this process is messing with all of the plans we have made. Think about it, you make ADRs at 180 days, FP+ at 60 Days, and then you have to wait until the morning of, when your whole group is actually in the park, and rely on glitchy technology to get on this ride. Disney trips are all about planning and this process is the exact opposite of that, which makes it so frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter